PedwarUrgain

1 minute ago, PedwarUrgain said:

Day 34 from seed

As with the last few days there is nowt to report but growth. The FIMd and topped plants are doing well and even the fifth plant looks strong enough now to be topped - so it has been.

I remember reading that plants should be flipped to 12/12 when the tips of their leaves are touching. By my reckoning that will be another week or so. Each plant needs to grow outwards another inch or two but they should do that fairly quickly I would guess.

You folks think that sounds about right?

Day 34 from seed:

large_34.JPG

I dont know about the crit but expect a decent stretch once you put them to flower. All plants are different but id guess 2/3 increase in size after the flip. Also be sure to leave a week or two after any high stress training before flipping to 12 12. Will alow them to recover from the stress. Good luck dude looks lime your doing a great job so far. Be interested to see how quick these fuckers really are

• Like 2

@Mackie, I can't wait to see these girls get a leg on. A two thirds flowering stretch would fill up the tent nicely. I plan on leaving them at least a week and it's already been a week (more-or-less) since they were topped/FIM'd, with the exception of the fifth, which was done today so will have a week to recover. As far as I could tell, the surgery didn't slow them down 1 iota!

Anyway, thanks for the pointers mate :bong:

• Like 2

Yea crit has been a welcome plant for a lot of people. Still never done it myself but this fast version has peaked my interest a little. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, PedwarUrgain said:

Day 34 from seed

As with the last few days there is nowt to report but growth. The FIMd and topped plants are doing well and even the fifth plant looks strong enough now to be topped - so it has been.

I remember reading that plants should be flipped to 12/12 when the tips of their leaves are touching. By my reckoning that will be another week or so. Each plant needs to grow outwards another inch or two but they should do that fairly quickly I would guess.

You folks think that sounds about right?

Day 34 from seed:

large_34.JPG

Looking at the pic I’d go at least another week before flipping to 12/12. 

Nice work so far pal.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, PedwarUrgain said:

plants should be flipped to 12/12 when the tips of their leaves are touching.

When pots are rooted

• Like 3

Day 35-36 from seed - 5 Weeks old

Again, not much to report. They all seem fine which is good.

They were watered/fed today with the usual 1ml per litre of Biobizz Grow. It's been over a week since they were last watered and they drank about 8 litres between them. Watered until 20% runoff.  They are all around 30cm tall at the moment (not including the pot). 

I suspect the plant in the plastic pot could do with re-potting again. It's on;y around 7.5 litres I think, so smaller than the fabric pots (10L).

Day 36 from seed

large_36.JPG

• Like 4

If you are going to do a repotting with the plant in the plastic pot personally I would get that done asap. That way she can recover from any potential transplant shock and be back to full potential just in time for bloom ;)

With the stretch. Critical will stretch a minimum of 2x more realistically 2.5-3x. Quick Critical is similar so be prepared to do some bending and training to keep that canopy nice and even  :bong:

Looking good from here mate and thank you for the continued updates  :yep:

All the best

Mark.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

will stretch a minimum of 2x more realistically 2.5-3x

Hi Mark, If that's the case I might not re-pot it at all - sounds like i might be pushed for space! I've been reading a bit about bending/training so will do my best to keep it all nice and even.

29 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

thank you for the continued updates

Not at all! Thanks for the support mate, it's really appreciated.

• Like 2

Day 37 from seed

Well, the plants have grown overnight - a lot! They seemed to love there watering/feeding yesterday. That's about all there is to report today.

I'm wondering about trimming - I know it's an option before around week 2 of flowering and these plants have a fair bit of lower growth that doesn't seem to be doing much. What is safe to trim, and should I bother?

This is the difference 18 hour makes!

large_37a.png

Day 37 from seed

large_37.JPG

• Like 5

@Serpent, cheers mate. I'll most likely do any trimming after the flip - seems to be the done thing. I'll have to do some more reading me thinks.

• Like 4

Yeah I usually trim after flipping, unless air flow is becoming a problem due to foliage, or there's any dying/dead leaves, yours look fine though so I'd leave them to continue to bush out :yep:

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, PedwarUrgain said:

I'll most likely do any trimming after the flip

just a heads up these  girls will have a lot of side branching they like to spread out,most people wait to the stretch is done for trimming then you can really see what you have and where you need to trim. also you can use some of the bottom trim for clones, search monster cropping its a good read.

doing a great job everything is looking good cant wait for you see these girls flower.  :thumsup:

sam

• Like 4

Just now, samhigh said:

also you can use some of the bottom trim for clones

Yeah, I was wondering about clones, problem is that I would have nowhere to put them. Trying to find a bigger house to fit in a veg and flower tent.

4 minutes ago, samhigh said:

search monster cropping its a good read.

Looking into it this afternoon

7 minutes ago, samhigh said:

looking good cant wait for you see these girls flower.  :thumsup:

Thanks mate, totally psyched for the show to start. :bong:

• Like 4