PedwarUrgain

Day 7 from seed - Weedlings are now 1 week old.

Not much to report again today really. Since yesterday's tweaks they don't seem to have grown much in height but their leaves have grown a fair bit.

Humidity is stable around 56%, temps are stable around the mid 20s.

The soil at the top of the pots is dry already after watering yesterday, and on the rather naff ph tester/light metre/moisture reader it's reading a '3' whatever that means. Don't think they need watering again just yet though.

Day 7 from seed

large.6.JPG

• Like 5

Loving the daily updates mate :yep:

Keep them coming please it's nice to watch the plant develope daily ;)

Looking good at this young stage and I love this caption ;)

On 10/12/2018 at 11:20 AM, PedwarUrgain said:

Weedlings are now 1 week old.

lol

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

On 12/11/2018 at 1:00 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Loving the daily updates mate :yep:

Keep them coming please it's nice to watch the plant develope daily ;)

Looking good at this young stage and I love this caption ;)

lol

All the best 

Mark..

Glad you're enjoying the show and that they're looking OK. i was beginning to worry a bit about the stretching.

• Like 1

Day 8-9 from seed.

Just a quick report - nothing to report. They have all continued to grow and now have another tiny set of leaves showing.

Temps and humidity are still OK although there was a power cut yesterday for three hours so they had to do without light for a while in the middle of their day.

They also had another drink and are definitely getting thirstier.

Day 8 from seed:

large.7.JPG

Day 9 from seed:

large.8.JPG

• Like 2

Day 10 from seed - Double digits :bong:

So, I had a look this morning and two of the seedlings now have a root poking through the bottom of their 0.5l pots - when should I be re-potting them?

Their second set of leaves are developing day by day and they have had another drink today.

Nowt else to report really.

Day 10 from seed:

large.9.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PedwarUrgain said:

Day 10 from seed - Double digits :bong:

So, I had a look this morning and two of the seedlings now have a root poking through the bottom of their 0.5l pots - when should I be re-potting them?

Their second set of leaves are developing day by day and they have had another drink today.

Nowt else to report really.

Day 10 from seed:

large.9.JPG

If day 10 is since they showed out the soil I’d let the soil dry out a bit from the watering and then pot up. What size pot are you planning on going up to pal?

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rick Grimes said:

If day 10 is since they showed out the soil I’d let the soil dry out a bit from the watering and then pot up. What size pot are you planning on going up to pal?

Thanks for the reply! They will be going into 3.8l fabric pots and eventually up to 10 l.

Cheers mate.

Edited by PedwarUrgain
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, PedwarUrgain said:

Thanks for the reply! They will be going into 3.8l fabric pots and eventually up to 10 l.

Cheers mate.

Good plan pal. I usually go with 10-14 days between pot ups depending on strain. So a day or two to dry out should put you in the middle of that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rick Grimes said:

Good plan pal. I usually go with 10-14 days between pot ups depending on strain. So a day or two to dry out should put you in the middle of that.

Awesome! I've now been told that I should wait until I can see roots in more of the drainage holes, so the general consensus is to wait a while like you said. 

I'm gonna prepare their next pots and stick them in the tent to warm up and perhaps give the humidity a boost.  Hopefully they'll feel like a home when they do get repotted.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, PedwarUrgain said:

Cheers mate.

I wouldn't use fabric pots for intermediates @PedwarUrgain, use plastic as roots can bind to the sides of fabric pots and can be a bitch to remove for potting up, they're fine for final pots though.

• Like 3

Just now, Serpent said:

I wouldn't use fabric pots for intermediates @PedwarUrgain, use plastic as roots can bind to the sides of fabric pots and can be a bitch to remove for potting up, they're fine for final pots though.

I had thought about that before I started and asked around. People seemed all for fabric pots, but perhaps I didn't mention them as being intermediate pots. At least I have a few more days for researching and to nip to B@Q if needed.

• Like 2

Yeah fabric pots are supposed to be good, I'll be using them for my final pots for the first time this grow, I heard (and read) they're not recommended for intermediates as you can damage the rootball trying to get them out, plastic is (unfortunately) better.

• Like 2

Day 11 from seed

Another day of nowt to report.  All teh weedlings are busy doing their thing and coming along nicely I think. A few more roots showing today. 

Took them all out for a group shot in better lighting:

Day 11 from Seed:

large_10.JPGlarge_10a.JPG

• Like 5

On 10/12/2018 at 9:35 AM, PedwarUrgain said:

Thanks! This is my backup plan. For now the damp towel in the bottom of the tent is doing the trick.

I'm learning from you mate!      I'm going, later today, to read through your posts and the very helpful replies from the patient dudes on this forum (as a 51 year old, dude is propably not the right term!) especially regarding heat and humidity, for starters.    Made the mistake of reading through a grow diary from  a chap and let myself get sucked into having brain squeezed  by nute levels in a hydro system..... and felt overwhelmed and lost :(    I'll try and focus on only starter areas from now on, without getting distracted.   As it doesn't take much to distract me unless I make an effort not to.      

• Like 2

Couple of tips for ya bud...

When you repot bury most of the stem in the soil.

Invest in a couple of 25w cfl bulbs for germination purposes, you can put these right onto the plant as soon as it breaks surface, this cuts out the bulk of the stretch.

:yep:

• Like 4