PedwarUrgain

Looking good @PedwarUrgain you're doing your first grow proud :yep:

Sounds like good advice with the supercropping, especially as they'll more than likely get a stretch on over the next week or so and you'll be surprised at how quickly they'll respond, keep up the good work and you'll soon have a grow room full of flowers :smokin:

• Like 3

Yep they look to be filling out your space well, great job with the training, I am fairly sure the streach continued into the third week around 21 days of flowering, take it easy. Jj :yinyang:

• Like 2

Hi Pedwar (and everyone else)

Very new to the site although I have been cramming in as much as I can!

Onto my first grow, I'll put a diary up at some stage so that the experts can critique. 

I just wanted to ask you Pedwar what your method for topping was? It's something I'd like to do but I've searched everywhere for a kind of "idiots guide" and can't find one, any pointers would be great (pictures would be ace) or if you guys can link me to the subject? 

Thanks in advance and wishing you luck as I follow this diary Pedwar.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrBroomfield said:

Hi Pedwar (and everyone else)

Very new to the site although I have been cramming in as much as I can!

Onto my first grow, I'll put a diary up at some stage so that the experts can critique. 

I just wanted to ask you Pedwar what your method for topping was? It's something I'd like to do but I've searched everywhere for a kind of "idiots guide" and can't find one, any pointers would be great (pictures would be ace) or if you guys can link me to the subject? 

Thanks in advance and wishing you luck as I follow this diary Pedwar.

Hello and welcome to the forum! Happy to help where I can and pay back some karma from all the help I've had.  My experience of topping is limited to a whole two plants so not an expert by any stretch.

Having said that, topping could not have been easier. I topped them above the 4th node at around 5 weeks from seed. Can be done sooner but depends on how big/healthy/fast you plant is growing. I was cautious and waited until I knew they would be OK.

Procedure - I used scissors and snipped about 1cm above the 4th node.  See photo. I cut where the red line is and the growth tips are the green arrows.

large_27ed.jpg

Result:

large.Topping.jpg

This will stop the plant from trying to grow just 1 main stem and force the growth tips (green arrows in first photo) in the V where you cut to explode into life. When they are big enough, you can tie (LST) them down to allow light to get to more bud sites and promote horizontal rather than vertical growth. also tie down the branches coming off the node below.

Hope that makes sense. Basically cut the main stem a little bit above one of the nodes (after the 4th or 5th node). Don't try to overthink it. Simple as it sounds. :yep:

Edited by PedwarUrgain
  • Like 4

Brilliant! Thanks Pedwar, I've read quite a few guides on what to do but they do lead to a massive amount of over thinking. Once I've worked out how to add pics I will post some of my seedlings. 

Good luck to you and your ladies!

• Like 3

On 22/01/2019 at 7:46 PM, PedwarUrgain said:

Hello and welcome to the forum! Happy to help where I can and pay back some karma from all the help I've had.  My experience of topping is limited to a whole two plants so not an expert by any stretch.

Having said that, topping could not have been easier. I topped them above the 4th node at around 5 weeks from seed. Can be done sooner but depends on how big/healthy/fast you plant is growing. I was cautious and waited until I knew they would be OK.

Procedure - I used scissors and snipped about 1cm above the 4th node.  See photo. I cut where the red line is and the growth tips are the green arrows.

large_27ed.jpg

Result:

large.Topping.jpg

This will stop the plant from trying to grow just 1 main stem and force the growth tips (green arrows in first photo) in the V where you cut to explode into life. When they are big enough, you can tie (LST) them down to allow light to get to more bud sites and promote horizontal rather than vertical growth. also tie down the branches coming off the node below.

Hope that makes sense. Basically cut the main stem a little bit above one of the nodes (after the 4th or 5th node). Don't try to overthink it. Simple as it sounds. :yep:

Thanks for putting this how2guide up mate :)

It's great to see members helping each other. 1 reason we love UK420  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys apologies for the lack of updates, we had a bit of a family calamity - nothing too serious but as a result I've just not had the time to keep you all up to date.

things are still going ok this end and the flowering continues! It's all looking good so far and things are fattening up nicely.

Will try and get some photos up ASAP.

cherrs everyone

• Like 6

2 hours ago, PedwarUrgain said:

Hi guys apologies for the lack of updates, we had a bit of a family calamity - nothing too serious but as a result I've just not had the time to keep you all up to date.

things are still going ok this end and the flowering continues! It's all looking good so far and things are fattening up nicely.

cherrs everyone

Good to hear your alright pal.

looking forward to the updates too:yep:

• Like 1

On 15/02/2019 at 6:22 PM, PedwarUrgain said:

cherrs everyone

Not a problem my friend. Family first :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...