PedwarUrgain

Day 28-39 from seed

Everything has been going fine and all the plants are spreading out day by day, ready for flipping after the weekend.

The plant in the plastic pot is the slowest now, but my guess is it's because of the smaller pot meaning it needs a bit more food than the rest? It's leaves are starting to yellow a tad at the bottom.

As you can see, there is nowt else going on really. All good!

Day 38

large_38.JPG

Day 39

large_39.JPG

• Like 5

On 11/01/2019 at 6:15 PM, PedwarUrgain said:

The plant in the plastic pot is the slowest now, but my guess is it's because of the smaller pot meaning it needs a bit more food than the rest? It's leaves are starting to yellow a tad at the bottom.

You’ll find the plant in the smaller pot dries out quicker but wont really needs any stronger feed.

Have you fed them yet? 

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Rick Grimes said:

You’ll find the plant in the smaller pot dries out quicker but wont really needs any stronger feed.

Have you fed them yet? 

Hello mate, yep that's what I was thinking - more often rather than more quantity. And yes they have been fed. The plastic pot was watered/fed on Friday and the others on Saturday. 

Ill be be doing my usual update when I get in a bit later.

thanks again :bong:

• Like 1

Day 40-42 from seed - 6 weeks Old and flipped to flower.

Afternoon all,

Well, they have had their first 12 hour night so let's see whether these Quick Criticals live up to their name (flowering in 32-49 days).

As mentioned above, they have all been waterered and fed. The plastic pot on friday and the other four on saturday. The plant in the plastic pot is still a bit yellow but I now think that's down to sheer stupidity! For some reason, I 'forgot' a smaller pot would need watering more often. No wonder it shouting out for more attention! Anyway, now its being monitored more closely and will be watered/fed more often but not with more food if that makes sense.

So here are the pics from the last few days

Day 40

large_40.JPG

Day 41

large_41.JPG

Day 42 - Day 1 Flowering

large_42.JPG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PedwarUrgain said:

Should be 42-49 days, not 32 as nice as it would be :smokin:

I think he meant 42-49 mate :yep: 32 would be rapid :)

I'm loving the detail in this thread and now it's time to start the flower show  :bong:

The only thing I would have done would have been a repot for the smaller lady in the centre and smaller pot  :) apart from that things look good from this end  :bong:

Keep these detailed update coming mate I'll drop back in a day or 2 :)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

The only thing I would have done would have been a repot for the smaller lady in the centre and smaller pot  :)

Thanks for popping by Mark.

Yeah, I was toying with the idea of repottin her a week ago but thought it would be a bit close to the flip. In retrospect I wish I'd done it.

Still, thanks to the everyone here that's the 99th lesson learned so far :yep:

Will be sure to keep the updates coming. Catch you later! :smokin:

• Like 2

Not checked your diary for a few days @PedwarUrgain, good to see the girls are coming on strong and nice one on flipping, let the stretch begin :yep:

Yeah, the plant in the smaller pot will more than likely need feeding more frequently but sounds like you're on it, now lets watch these girls flower, good luck bud :)

Ohh and yes, every day with this growing lark is a school day as you're always learning and picking up tips :george:

• Like 2

Day 43 from seed - Day 2 flowering

Well, things seem to be going OK still.  The plant in the plastic pot was watered/fed again today with the usual ml per litre of grow. Question is, from now should I add the Bloom too? I think I remember them saying 2ml per litre? Anyway, the other 4 girls will need watering tomorrow.

I have done some very light trimming - only the very bottom pair of branches on each plant. They seemed to be stuck under the larger leaves and not getting much light. Wish I had a second tent as it looked like they could have made nice clones (not that I know much about that).

2 hours ago, Serpent said:

Yeah, the plant in the smaller pot will more than likely need feeding more frequently

Cheers for popping by mate! Yep, she is still suffering a bit but hopefully with the more frequent feeds she will be fine.

Anyway, that's about it for now.

Day 43 from seed / Day 2 flowering:

large_43.JPG

• Like 4

Day 44-45 from seed - Day 3-4 flowering

Just a quick update. Everything still goin OK I think. The smaller pot isn't getting any worse as far as I can tell. The others are fine and seem to be drinking quite a bit more recently. The have all been watered fed over the last couple of days.

Umm, I think that's about it for now. :skin_up:

Day 44 from seed - Day 3 flowering

large_44.JPG

Day 45 from seed - Day 4 flowering (photo looks really yellow for some reason. Plastic pot is top left. The others are a healthy colour.

large_45.JPG

• Like 3

On 14/01/2019 at 8:44 PM, PedwarUrgain said:

Yeah, I was toying with the idea of repottin her a week ago but thought it would be a bit close to the flip. In retrospect I wish I'd done it.

It's all learning mate. Now you know for your next run :yep:

Personally I would do the re-pot 14 day's prior to going into bloom. This way you are giving the transplanted plant both time to recover from any shock and time to get established in the new homes :yep:

On 17/01/2019 at 5:25 PM, PedwarUrgain said:

Day 45 from seed - Day 4 flowering (photo looks really yellow for some reason. Plastic pot is top left. The others are a healthy colour.

The yellowing in the picture could be down to the light buddy. Do you own a pair of grow room glasses? These double as a great secondary lense in front of your cameras. This will help sharpen those shots up :yep:

Your around 8 day's in now mate. Let's see what these girls can really do in bloom :)

Until next time  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

Just now, Dinafem-Mark said:

Do you own a pair of grow room glasses?

Your around 8 day's in now mate. Let's see what these girls can really do in bloom :)

Hi Mark, I've never even heard of grow room glasses. Now I want some!

They are coming along nicely and have spread a lot. All looking good, but full update and pics coming tomorrow mate.

:smokin:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PedwarUrgain said:

Hi Mark, I've never even heard of grow room glasses. Now I want some!

Depending on what light you are using (hps, mh or LED) you need a pair of glasses mate. 

1 it allows you to see the plants in a more natural light :yep:

2 it protects your eye's :yep:

I don't really want to link to a 2nd site as it's against sure rules so I'll drop you a pm :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

protects your eye's :yep:

You deffo want to get a pair mate,

They are on g&h for lumi  ones,think they were under a tenner.:yinyang: Jj

• Like 2

Day 46-50 from seed / Day 5-9 flowering?..

I know, I know - i've been slacking with updates a bit but the plants have certainly been putting the effort in.

They have gone from this - Day 45

large_45.JPG

To this - Day 50

large_50.JPG

So whats been happening? Well firstly, after the last update I started a spot of LST on the two plants I topped a while ago. The other three have been supercropped and LST'd. The reason being I screwed up the FIM on all three plants. Don't ask me how. But having read and asked around, it was suggested that supercropping was the best way to keep the height down before it got out of hand. So that's what I did.

Anyway, within 24 hours they started to explode, so I guess it all went OK. It might not be the neatest job but the whole canopy is fairly even in height and the area is filling up pretty quickly. It's an ongoing process and can certainly see the benefits of scrogging instead of doing it manually.

The yellowing is not getting any worse. They all seem healthy enough - not as pale as the photos look. I'll try and get around to taking a photo in normal light. 

Watering - they are drinking quite a lot and need watering every 4 days or so at the moment. The Plastic pot is every 3 days. Nutes are still 1ml per litre of Biobizz Grow, and have now added the recommended 1ml per litre of Bloom. They have had two feedings at this level and are showing no signs of any burn so will move them up to 2ml/l of bloom as per the biobizz chart. 

There is a lot of new growth now the plants have been opened up a little bit, and the tips are all starting to look like this:

large_50a.JPG

Not having grown anything before let alone this strain, I don't really know if this is looking normal for a week of flowering. I ask because I think there may have been a lighting issue, but not entirely sure. I was messing with the plugs the other day and noticed the light was set to come on for 15 mins two hours after lights out. I don't know if I had only just knocked it or whether it's been like that since I changed it to 12/12 a week ago. Either way I guess the worst that could happen is they got a week of extra veg.

I'm pretty sure that's all there is to report. So here are the last few days photos in order

Day 46

large_46.jpg

Day 47

large_47.jpg

Day 48

large_48.jpg

Day 49

large_49.jpg

Day 50

large_50.JPG

As always thanks for the continuing help guys, much appreciated and @Dinafem-Mark and @Jibba jabba, I'll add a pair to the shopping list!

• Like 2