PedwarUrgain

Just now, Serpent said:

Let us all know how you get on with potting up from fabric pots, you might be OK

I had a good look at the pots before using them and the stitching looks like it would be really easy to pick apart so if push comes to shove, I'll just do that.

Next time though it will be plastic pots as intermediates for sure!

As always thanks for the help mate.:smokin:

• Like 1

Day 16 from seed

It's the day after re-potting and they seem like they're settling in well enough. They went a little droopy for a few hours but seem to have perked up and grown overnight.

I have noticed red(ish) streaks on a couple of the stems - the plants seem perfectly happy though. Genetics? Stress?

Anyway, here they are

Day 16 from seed:

large_15.JPG

• Like 3

@SerpentCheers mate.  I'm sure they're fine but always better to ask.

I've taken a slightly better photo of one of the plants with the red streak just to put it out there. Perhaps @Dinafem-Mark might know a bit more about it?

As always, thanks muchly.

Day 15a

large_15a.jpg

Edited by PedwarUrgain
  • Like 4

I don't think that redness is cold, could just be them adjusting to their new home and hopefully it will disappear as they start to feed,

Looking good in there anyway...:yep:

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

Day 17 from seed

The plants are settling into their new pots well. They seem to have bushed out quite a bit overnight.

The red streaks have got no worse and if anything is a little better than yesterday.

Their pots feel light and the soil is dry up to my first knuckle and so I think they are due a watering today.

Still keeping on top of the temps and humidity. The temps I think are fine - been keeping them at around 26c with lights on and about 21c with lights off. Humidity is usually around 50-60%. The light is still on 250w. I will crank it up to 400w in a few days.

I think that's about it.

Day 17 from seed:

large_16.jpg

• Like 5

Day 18 from seed.

Mrs PedwarUrgain here posting for the Mr. The plants were watered yesterday took about 3ltrs between them which saw a little bit of run off. They are really starting to grow rather fast now, shooting off new leaves everyday. Both myself and my other half swear we can catch a sniff of weed in the tent, didn't think they were supposed to start smelling until flowering :g:The red streaks on the stems appear to be fading. The humidity has gone through the roof with the increased pot size, but just putting the extraction on to deal with it if it gets too much. 

Day 18 from seed.

large_17.jpg

• Like 4

Day 19 from seed

Well they are now really starting to grow at a right old rate of knots. There is new growth from nodes 1 -3 which I assume are the beginnings of preflowers? (see first photo). Everything is generally getting bigger. 

They still have their baby leaves, a set of single leaves a set of 3-pronged leaves, a set of 5 pronged leaves and the new set looks like it might be 7.

I think it might just be time to crank the lights up to 400w. What does everyone think?

Day 19 from seed.

large_18b.PNG

large_17.JPG

large_17a.JPG

Edited by PedwarUrgain
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, PedwarUrgain said:

but just putting the extraction on to deal with it if it gets too much. 

Leave it on all the time mate, more for the plants benefit than to control smell...some strains smell very little throughout the whole grow, others honk from the off.

They're certainly coming along nicely and more than ready for the 400, not too close to start though...default_thumbsup.gif

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

Thanks @stu914

I figured I would need the extraction on at 400w, just because of the heat. They haven't needed it until now.

Ill start them on 400w with the extractor on tomorrow as it's almost nighttime for them

now.

updates might be less often for a few days as I'm house sitting for someone over Christmas so will pop back to check up on them every couple of days.

thanks again mate.

2 minutes ago, PedwarUrgain said:

extractor on tomorrow

Sorry bud it needs to be on 24/7 to provide fresh air to the plants, otherwise they use up the co2 in the air and stop growing...:yep:

• Like 1

@stu914 you don't need to tell me twice - or maybe you do! I think it's the :skin_up:myself.

Anyway, the extraction fan is now on and your advice is noted for future grows.

Guys like you keeping an eye on noobs like me make life much simpler!

thanks again mate :bong:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PedwarUrgain said:

Ill start them on 400w with the extractor on tomorrow as it's almost nighttime for them

See how that can be misinterpreted...:rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

Day 20 from seed

The plants are still growing fast.

So, the light has been cranked from 250w to 400w and the extractor fan is on 24/7 now as per suggestion.  The temps have crept up a couple of degrees so I have moved the light a bit further away. It's around a metre away which seems a bit far, but any closer I feel might cook the plants. Humidity is still ok.

Watered them again today -around 4l between them (.5 to 1l more than last time).They were very dry - the moisture meter read a zero, soil felt dry to at least an inch and the pots felt light. I watered them over around half an hour, a little at a time and waited for a bit of run-off which was then soaked up and removed.

I hate not being there to keep a constant eye on them but I'm only a 15 minute drive away for the week so I'll try and pop back every day.

Day 20 from seed:

large_19.jpg

• Like 1