PedwarUrgain

Day 21 from seed - Three weeks old!

Well the plants seem to be doing just fine without my constant supervision :huh:. They are loving the 400w light and extraction fan, and after their watering yesterday they have grown a fair whack. The tallest is around 18cm and the shortest is roughly 15cm.

Temps and humidity are stable at around 26c and 50%. No signs of any issues that I can see.

I've got some Biobizz Grow and some Bloom on standby. I know it's a bit soon to be feeding them - I was thinking about starting when they are in their final pots. Should I wait until they switch to 12/12 lighting?

Oh, and lastly, When should I start thinking about getting them into their final pots?

As always,  Cheers folks and have a great xmas!

Day 21 from seed:

large_20.JPGlarge_20a.JPG

• Like 5

Alright there @PedwarUrgain

Your Quick critical girls are coming on nicely, looks like they will take a couple of weeks until they will need a pot up, what size pots do you have in mind for your finals?

If it was me I would stick to plain water, then pot up when the roots have filled it, keeping a close eye on the dark/lightness of the leaves, but I don’t use mud anymore as I found you can get much more out of a smaller amount of coco, anyway have a good one yourself bud.

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

• Like 3

Looking good @PedwarUrgain and like @Jibba jabba says, as you've not long potted up, I'd feed them just water, with a touch of silicon and a root stim if you have them to help strengthen stems and roots. As for using bloom, wait till they're on 12/12 and have a look at the BioBizz feedchart as it gives you a rough guide :yep:

• Like 2

Day 23 from seed:

Afternoon all, hope you're all havin a chill after yesterday!

So, the plants all appear generally fine and have grown a fair whack over the last couple of days. However I have run into a problem. Some of the lower leaves are going yellow around the edges and a bit mottled in the middle. I suspect cold roots due to changes in heating as I'm away for a few days and have only been able to pop around once a day.

You can just about see it in the photo below (plant in top right - lower leaf). I have made a more detailed post about it in the 'sick plant' section HERE

Everything else is fine as far as I can tell. 

Day 23 from seed

large_22.JPG

• Like 3

On 12/24/2018 at 1:19 PM, Jibba jabba said:

Alright there @PedwarUrgain

Your Quick critical girls are coming on nicely, looks like they will take a couple of weeks until they will need a pot up, what size pots do you have in mind for your finals?

If it was me I would stick to plain water, then pot up when the roots have filled it, keeping a close eye on the dark/lightness of the leaves, but I don’t use mud anymore as I found you can get much more out of a smaller amount of coco, anyway have a good one yourself bud.

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

@Jibba jabba I have 10l pots on standby for their finals. Talking about keeping an eye on leaf colour, I just spotted a problem and made a post here. As for growing in coco I will be looking into it after i have a couple of grows under my belt and have the basics down, but i'm all for anything for a more efficient grow.

• Like 1

@Serpent Cheers for that mate. I'll hold off on the nutes until later in the grow. I have some mychorrizal here but not used any yet and I don't have a clue about silicone so will have to read up.

• Like 2

Day 24 from seed

Well, i spent the day yesterday researching what might be causing the yellowing on the lower leaves. Having asked about it in 'sick plants' and reading several threads, articles and endless google images, the best suggestion to crop up is a nitrogen deficiency. The photo below shows the problem a bit better.

large_23.PNG

Its only affecting the lower leaves on a couple of plants and as far as I can tell it is not caused by lighting issues and the temps are fine at pot level day and night. Keeping on top of humidity too.  I have been holding off on the nutes until now on the good advice of @Serpent. Perhaps being a 'quick' strain, they need food just that little bit earlier?

I popped in to visit check up on them again today and generally the plants look fine apart from the above and are still growing at a fair rate.

Thanks to @unity, I suspect a nitrogen deficiency and as they needed watering today, I took the plunge and fed them. They have been given the recommended 1ml per litre of Biobizz Grow, and drank just over 3 litres between them. 

That's all folks!

Day 24 from seed:

large_23A.PNG

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, PedwarUrgain said:

They have been given the recommended 1ml per litre of Biobizz Grow, and drank just over 3 litres between them. 

the qc can be little finicky.  whats the npk of your compost, i use ff happy frog so i know i have about a month then i will start slowly introducing nutes. it is always a little tricky the first time with a strain. get to know your compost for when you pot up you will be adding feed in the compost. with hydro and co-co theres no npk value so you start feeding small increments from the start, but with soil there is some feed already in the mix.

looking good those girls are going to take off now.

sam

• Like 3

@samhigh Thanks for the input! I don't know my the NPK of the compost - Its B@Q Verve but I can't find the info online.  I'll have a look at the bag tomorrow to see if that sheds any light on it.  

Sounds like you're familiar with the QC+ - anything else I should know? Glad they're ok anyway!

Cheers mate

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PedwarUrgain said:

@samhigh Thanks for the input! I don't know my the NPK of the compost - Its B@Q Verve but I can't find the info online.  I'll have a look at the bag tomorrow to see if that sheds any light on it.  

Sounds like you're familiar with the QC+ - anything else I should know? Glad they're ok anyway!

Cheers mate

your doing great, i have some pics in the strain guide, and jibba and rick grimes have nice diarys to look over. if you run it again you will know your compost better and know right when to feed them. cant wait for you to see these flower, i have a clone in with some gorillas, and you can really see they are way ahead of them. 

sam

• Like 3

@samhigh, Cheers mate, I really loving watching these girls grow. Its got me psyched enough to think about what else I can grow! Its a great learning curve too. :bong:

• Like 3

Yeah looks like they're starting to need a touch of nitrogen @PedwarUrgain which you're already on with as like @samhigh says, different soils have different levels of fertiliser, I usually say 2 weeks, but some soils can go longer, while others not as long.

Looking good though bud and keep up the good work :yep:

• Like 3

On 27/12/2018 at 1:50 PM, PedwarUrgain said:

s, the best suggestion to crop up is a nitrogen deficiency. The photo below shows the problem a bit better.

Alright there bud,  i don’t think it is needing any more nitrogen than it is getting, I think some of the roots have hit a hotter spot and burnt out a bit, or a soggy bottom from a bit too much water.

Anyway  the girls are coming right on,

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 3

Hi @Jibba jabba, I guess all I can do is keep an eye on things for now. I have moved the thermometer around in the tent and apart from around the edges the temps seem fairly consistent. As for over watering, I've been careful to avoid this.  The bottoms of the pots are bone dry before I water the plants and wait until the pots feel light and at least the top inch of soil is dry.  Do you think it would be better/safer to wait another day after when I think they're due a watering?

Also, I seem to remember seeing a recent comment that I should trim off they yellowing leaves? If so, is it simply a case of scissoring them off close to the stem?

Lastly, and sorry for all the questions, now that they have had a feed, any warning signs for over-feeding I should watch out for?

Cheers mate, as always your help is very much appreciated. 

• Like 3