What's gone wrong with diaries this year?

HSO-Mark

I am due mark a dinafem diary cause i had to drop out of a comp due to moving house i think I told him at the time but if I didnt then I apologise and will say said diary shall be forthcoming before too long

• Like 3

I thought I would have time but simply did not. I have had to focus on work, with play and fun taking a very back seat.

Blacklist or no blacklist, I will not be requesting more seeds from anyone until I have popped these and run a diary with them. It is the least someone could do in response to the generosity.

I have a plan to start an experimental LED tent to get used to how they run with the aim of expanding this to the main area. When I do, probably early next year, I will pop the three Bubba's Gift and run a diary with them although I will most likely not do it in a pot noodle cup because by then there will be no point in doing so.

At the end of the day, the diaries and the resulting marketing is the only reason a seed company would hand out free seeds.

I would completely understand having a whitelist and a blacklist of people who you can be confident will run a diary, and those you are confident will not.

If it is what allows these sort of things to continue I would support it even if I ended up on the blacklist.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MicroDoser said:

Blacklist or no blacklist, I will not be requesting more seeds from anyone until I have popped these and run a diary with them. It is the least someone could do in response to the generosity.

I've never really liked the thought of a "Blacklist" but it does make sense. I think if we give seeds 2 times and no diary is fulfilled and no reasonable expectation why. Then I'll decline the 3rd time. I believe this is a fair way to do this?

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 20

30 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

I've never really liked the thought of a "Blacklist" but it does make sense. I think if we give seeds 2 times and no diary is fulfilled and no reasonable expectation why. Then I'll decline the 3rd time. I believe this is a fair way to do this?

Kind regards 

Mark..

I fully agree.

To clarify, because I feel the situation may arise, would it count as a diary if someone started a diary and tried to pop the seeds but they failed?

I still have mine, in the original lovely wooden package, and the unopened pot noodles, and the equipment I bought to run a plant in each of them (three liquid pumps, air pump, three custom made tiny air bubblers, tubing, sundries). Cost me far more than just directly buying 10 seeds, but it was for a competition so cost was no barrier. Then life happened. Now I must focus on work until at a minimum the start of next year.

I will not be asking for even a second set of seeds (never mind a third) before the first lot are run and a diary posted. If I were to then get more free seeds without posting anything then IMO that would be taking the piss.

• Like 2

me 2c worth..

I think it's great that you give the newer members on here a chance to have a shot at some new strains, it's exactly how I manged to do a run of Dinafem Gorilla (still loving it btw :) ).  At the time I was chosen tho I had just the one diary attempt on board, and that was incomplete as my cuts died a shameful death of neglect.  Hence if members were selected by historical actions only, I would have missed out.  Can't always judge someone's potential by their previous.

Moving forward tho, I would certainly agree to a more aggressive response to no-shows, give anyone just the one chance.  There's a whole world of difference between someone who has signed in to do a log for you, and can't due to unforeseen shite getting shovelled at them, and someone who just sees a freebie and holds out their hand.  So I'd apply a one-strike rule with using your judgement on an individual basis, as I guess anyone half genuine will certainly let you know of any complications as they arise.  If I had to just apply a single blanket rule then I'd agree with two-strikes and out.  

• Like 4

@HSO-Mark so sorry mate but I was admitted to the psychiatric ward for 9 weeks and missed the dates .

I can only apologise and still have the beans if you want me to send them back to you ?

• Like 1

just been thinking   ( yea  ...  dangerous i know  lol  )   my mountain guerilla diary contains  plants from hso..... female seeds .....   royal gorilla  .... etc ....  is it ok to have various  breeds in one diary ..  (  just makes it easier  )   . or  do one from each ?

thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rufus Brown said:

@HSO-Mark so sorry mate but I was admitted to the psychiatric ward for 9 weeks and missed the dates .

I can only apologise and still have the beans if you want me to send them back to you ?

Don't be daft brother. I'm quite confident your recent hospital admission was not intentional and I would think Wi-Fi access is limited :yep:

Keep the beans mate and do a diary when you feel upto it ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 6

I agree that a minimum post count and a history of diaries on the forum as a requirement before free seeds are given would be a positive move and something few would think unreasonable.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 2

@unity That's one reason I don't want to not involve new growers in future giveaways :yep:

I'm sure if I do a little more checking I'll get the numbers back up ;)

Actually, this thread has helped bring some clarity to the situation  :yep:

Thank you UK420 community and members :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 6