What's gone wrong with diaries this year?

HSO-Mark

I’ve been both sides done a couple of dinafem diaries bought and free and I think the last lot of free went to shit after other life factors caused me to take my eye of the ball so have felt bad. Love a good dinafem and hope to grow them again soon. 

• Like 1

Sadly I didn't get to use my seeds for diary from dinafem.  It's a few years back,  but my seeds got busted by customs.  Had to pull my grow down.

:(

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Seasick Steve said:

Maybe start a giveaway thread for each batch of seeds so to speak and people should have to post a commitment in that thread to doing a diary and if they don't follow through, it's there to see who's letting the others down. Just a thought.

I believe most of that info is available online as I always post who's been selected for seeds. This was not intended to bring any member down rather to figure out what has gone wrong or if I'm doing something wrong.

It's been playing in my mind a bit of late then when @leapsure skemor put up the graphic for the pot noodle challenge. You can see only around 40% have followed through but @vince noir rock n roll star has made up by reveging, cloning and making the most of that bit of community fun :yep:

Quite puzzling really, more people are growing or consuming cannabis but is it me or does the forum feel a bit low on member participation of late?

I would have thought more grows but I'm seeing the opposite, strange!

Thank you all for the input. Let's keep it going so we can get this right. I want more HSO indoor grows going and Dinafem but need to get this ironed out  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Joolz said:

@HSO-Mark

can you pm me a list of names please

I'll get a list together buddy :yep:

It's more confusing than anything mate. Have you noticed low traffic to the site?

Seems slow of late?

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

I agree, one or two chances and that's your lot.

There are lots of members with mental and physical health issues, I'm sure most people start diarys with good intentions and arnt deliberatly taking advantage of free seeds!

I know I had to scrub a seedsman diary during a sudden patch of deep depression, so I'd like to see second chances given if someone is simply temporarily having a hard time for whatever reason.

One strike and out is a bit much in my opinion and may even put some less experienced members off entering at all if they fear being permanently banned.

Maybe for the new members if there was a way to make some diarys (obviously not all) a team effort people might be more willing to stick those out. Mentor and master sort of thing where two (or more) members get randomly teamed up based on grow style and experience and you go for a set of collective objectives.. best combined yield, best team effort, best combined diary, etc etc.

Then if one person drops out the other can at least complete the diary for the vendor. Only problem then is you have to send seeds twice per diary but I think it's a nice idea that could be worked into something feasible 

I think the reality of it is, it's just down to luck how many diarys get finished. That long hot summer we just had, I bet that killed a fair few diarys this year... as has been said people don't like to admit they fucked up or post pictures of plants suffering so just vanish instead.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, BDG said:

There are lots of members with mental and physical health issues, I'm sure most people start diarys with good intentions and arnt deliberatly taking advantage of free seeds!

Same here mate. I don't think it's a deliberate attempt to get free seeds and not do a diary. I 100% think that every member well 99% of you have every intention but life happens which is totally understandable  :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 8

I wasn't in a position where I could complete a diary for the last year or two so just never put myself forward for any seeds. There were a few Humboldt strains that really caught my eye too but because I couldn't guarantee a diary I wouldn't ask for seeds.

I'm quite taken aback with those figures @HSO-Mark thought more members than that would have better manners/scruples.

• Like 7

if any sponsor is gracious enough to give out freebies then the least you do is show what they could do ,several reasons ,one it shows other growers the plants ,two the smoke report also helps make peoples minds up ,some folk dont have much to spend on seeds so make a long hard decision ,its good to know there are people who will give honest decent replies still ,and three ..taking without giving back ..no thats whats wrong with the world ..if its by accident and circumstances change it dont take much to pm the sponsor as to why no feedback .

id be mortified if i accepted any gift and couldnt reciprocate in some way .

• Like 11

well  all i can do is apologise brother ....  my pot noodle was a failure .. one  sprouted then died  within a week ....    the ones in one of my plots got bulldozed by friggin loggers  and   i still have the dinamed  and lemon juice express going in the last plot  ... tho theyre not  half as big  as i would like them .... (  NOT  the seeds... totally my fault )  not enough direct sunlight on them ..... brilliant seeds ... useless grower ....:wallbash:....  but i tried ...  another  crap grow year and looks like i will have sod all to show for it again ...   ]

i tried ...  i failed ... i apologise ...:(

perhaps i should quit as it looks like im just not cut out for this growing  stuff .....

Edited by vortex
  • Like 4

I put all my free seeds for comps and testers in one plot to make it easier to do updates, one visit covers the lot. As long as it done get ripped, then it's easy to do the diary to the end then.

Thanks for the seeds @HSO-Mark , the 3 critical + 2.0 and Mango sapphire are massive  :yep: Next update of the diaries will hopefully be of the chop :D

:offtopic: perhaps but maybe there just be too much cmog going around!  Stunning smoke.  Simply beautiful.  Had it from a few growers now.  Wow.

Hope you resolve this somehow!  

I'd operate load over load if it was my business.  Completed diaries earn seeds.

So in essence a dedicated grower and diariser would only purchase once.  At the start.

It's kind of the same generosity of freebies but with a bit of collateral.

Diaries earn seeds as points.

I think we had a raft of younger more aspirational folk come on here earlier this year most probably wanting to grow but the majority not following through.

Good luck mark.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, vortex said:

well  all i can do is apologise brother ....  my pot noodle was a failure .. one  sprouted then died  within a week ....    the ones in one of my plots got bulldozed by friggin loggers  and   i still have the dinamed  and lemon juice express going in the last plot  ... tho theyre not  half as big  as i would like them .... (  NOT  the seeds... totally my fault )  not enough direct sunlight on them ..... brilliant seeds ... useless grower ....:wallbash:....  but i tried ...  another  crap grow year and looks like i will have sod all to show for it again ...   ]

i tried ...  i failed ... i apologise ...:(

perhaps i should quit as it looks like im just not cut out for this growing  stuff .....

the universe doesnt like quitters it likes people who try ..you tried ..you continue to try and the universe will hear ya at some point ..you`ll get it at some point and boom .

• Like 7

Just now, vince noir rock n roll star said:

the universe doesnt like quitters it likes people who try ..you tried ..you continue to try and the universe will hear ya at some point ..you`ll get it at some point and boom .

i live in hope mate ...... i live in hope

• Like 3

I was reading this wondering why so many people would sign up and not follow through.. Then i had a thought :doh: fuck me, i was meant to be doing this.. And i planted some HSO seeds in spring? Am i that forgetfull ?  :spliff:

Checked the original comp thread. Yep, there i am.

Getting really worried at my own inept/forgetfullness and feeling like a right cunt, it wasn't till the last post in the thread... Few, there i am, gratefully bowing out of the comp :yep: The seeds i had were for a photo prize lol

Could easily have just forgotten though, i've had a crazy 6 months.

@HSO-Mark i think the outdoor giveaway is always going to be hit and miss mate. You've only got to look at how many people are in the outdoor forum in spring, only to die out to the usual suspects come august/september. I'm guilty of it too, and i'm a bit of a regular lol

People not even getting in touch, or explaining their situation is just taking the piss. Name and shame :yep:

With regard to it being quiet, i disagree. But the breeders forums have spread everyone out a bit.

Nice one :guitar:

• Like 3