What's gone wrong with diaries this year?

HSO-Mark

@HSO-Mark

Hello mate, what you’ve suggested in your post above is probably the best you can do and I’d also make a note of who didn’t run a diary.

I would also contact those that didn’t run one to ask why not and if they can’t give a plausible response then blacklist them for future seed giveaways. It will never work 100% but identifying freeloaders then shaming them might make them think twice in future.

Gonna flip my 4 Choccy Mints today, first full run with my new Diyleduk’s Quantum Boards and they look amazingly vigorous & healthy.

Would normally run a diary but can’t upload pics from a tablet & my PC is f*cked.

Cheers,

Peregrine

• Like 1

Just go for the usual faces that tend to do diaries, limit the seeds to 10 or 20 members and pick the growers with best rep for finishing diaries. Gives less well known growers the incentive to do better.

Obviously if theres a good reason for not completing fair enough but repeat offenders that give a lame excuse even if they are lifetime subscribers i wouldnt give the time of day. Like its said it can ruin things for every1 else! 

• Like 2

Limit the seeds to 20 members so its not a free for all, being chosen should be seen as a reward in itself. The best diaries get the privilige

• Like 1

Personally I think the seedbanks are asking a bit much for giving out a few pips that cost them penny's to make.

Running a decent and complete diary is a time consuming thing.

If the seeds are are good it's not only online that gets to know,the growers circle of friends and anyone that smokes the pot will be told what it is and which seedbank.surely there's value in word of mouth also?

Example:I get a good pheno of dinafem ammo,dint keep cuts(shared pics on here of finished product)

A grower mate in real life rated it and bought 20 to pheno hunt...And it goes on.

Look at what seeetseeds offer as prizes...This gives a good indication of the worth (in.seedsales/marketing) of a good diary.

It seems most on their forum complete.

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt
  • Like 5

On 10/10/2018 at 10:20 AM, Porko said:

"It only takes 1 jobbie to make a room reek of shit", and probably 1 or 2 dick heads creating multiple accounts.

Reminds me of a story involving me, a plumber taking the toilet out and a bucket under the stairs.......:wassnnme:

Edited by Tepzad
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

@HSO-Mark Sorry but only just come across this topic and I know its an old one but I have been out of action a while and wanted to reply.

I had nothing but good experiences with Dinafem in the grows I have done with them, and I have a huge seed collection plus I have no problem paying for seeds. But when I was offered the chance to do a Diary for HSO I agreed not for the seeds as I assure you I don't need them and several well know respectable members will tell you I have more seeds than I could grow in two lifetimes, I did it genuinely to help a new forum get some class action going.

I cleared out an area and set up a new tent as my current one was full, chose Autos for a quick turn around and waited for them to land. Of the two packs one arrived, I did PM you if memory serves and got a quick reply that another pack would be sent out.

I didn't get them. As grateful as I was for the pack I did get I had set up an are to do a real full on auto grow, I ended up buying the other pack. I did do the grow and I did post some very nice pictures of the buds in the last two weeks, again if I remember correctly.

This isn't a complaint mate, and I am SURE without any doubt the majority of folks taking the seeds for diaries and carrying through are doing so for the seeds and just not bothering, or selling the seeds for a bag of street weed.

But I just wanted to reply to this topic as I didn't want to be included in a group of ass holes taking seeds just because they are free. Because I do feel that some members do just take the piss out of this VERY generous feature of UK420 and its breeders / sponsors. 

I hope you got it sorted though mate. Be firmer I think, maybe contact Joolz and see if he can pin a Topic in Announcements called "Seed Grabbers Name and Shame" for repeat offenders or folks that just grab them and disappear.

ATB.

GV.

• Like 3

On 05/05/2019 at 8:53 AM, GreenVision said:

I cleared out an area and set up a new tent as my current one was full, chose Autos for a quick turn around and waited for them to land. Of the two packs one arrived, I did PM you if memory serves and got a quick reply that another pack would be sent out.

I didn't get them. As grateful as I was for the pack I did get I had set up an are to do a real full on auto grow, I ended up buying the other pack. I did do the grow and I did post some very nice pictures of the buds in the last two weeks, again if I remember correctly.

I'm so sorry that your seeds never arrived mate :(

I do recall doing a resend and I just assumed they had landed.

After a bit of chat with other members I now think we have the issue sorted buddy :yep:

I was being a little slack which I've now tightened up and we look to be well back on track  ;)

Thanks for the added input mate and again I'm sorry your seeds never arrived :(

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark

Just now, HSO-Mark said:

I'm so sorry that your seeds never arrived mate :(

I do recall doing a resend and I just assumed they had landed.

After a bit of chat with other members I now think we have the issue sorted buddy :yep:

I was being a little slack which I've now tightened up and we look to be well back on track  ;)

Thanks for the added input mate and again I'm sorry your seeds never arrived :(

Kind regards 

Mark..

Mate honestly it wasn't a complaint, its more than possible they just got lost in transit. And I got to toke them in the end either way so no hardship on my end. 

Whilst I have your attention mate, can I be a bit nosey and ask why HSO and Sherbi didn't do a Gelato bx or cross straight out the gate. Really good news about HSO and SHerbinski working together but I would have expected a Gelato cross over another GSC cross??

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 08/05/2019 at 2:39 PM, GreenVision said:

Whilst I have your attention mate, can I be a bit nosey and ask why HSO and Sherbi didn't do a Gelato bx or cross straight out the gate.

Coming soon :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSO-Mark said:

On 08/05/2019 at 2:39 PM, GreenVision said:

Whilst I have your attention mate, can I be a bit nosey and ask why HSO and Sherbi didn't do a Gelato bx or cross straight out the gate.

Coming soon :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

@InTheSystem what was we just talking abt m8...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Amo said:

@InTheSystem what was we just talking abt m8...

We was literally just chatting about that the other day wern't we? lol that a Gelato & Sunset Sherb would be some great releases... Make it happen Mark! :D 

• Like 2

@InTheSystem Yea man, and the Gelato that you wanted an what you told me made him famous, an with my Sherbet suggestion...

funny ole world lol or just Green minds think alike haha...

Edited by Amo
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Amo said:

@InTheSystem Yea man, and the Gelato that you wanted an what you told me made him famous, an with my Sherbet suggestion...

funny ole world lol or just Green minds think alike haha...

I am not sure if it is one of his own or another strain part of Cookies Fam though - but I know Gelato along with GSC made them very well known haha 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, InTheSystem said:

I am not sure if it is one of his own or another strain part of Cookies Fam though - but I know Gelato along with GSC made them very well known haha 

Pink Panties, Sunset Sherbert, and the world-famous Gelatos line: Bacio , Mochi, Gello, and Açaí Berry. These are all Sherbinski creations boy's  :headbang:

We have them all ;)

#comingsoon  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 5