What's gone wrong with diaries this year?

HSO-Mark

8 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Hope you resolve this somehow! 

It was more to get this discussion going and to implement better ways to give seed away in the future :)

We have the chat started and the UK420 community has never let us down before ;)

That's why I asked your guy's input ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

E2a- Blame our CMOG lol

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Jack010 said:

I put all my free seeds for comps and testers in one plot to make it easier to do updates, one visit covers the lot. As long as it done get ripped, then it's easy to do the diary to the end then.

Thanks for the seeds @HSO-Mark , the 3 critical + 2.0 and Mango sapphire are massive  :yep: Next update of the diaries will hopefully be of the chop :D

And it's a grow I've loved following :yep:

Thanks for following through buddy ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

I m new to the forum,but this is really as shame.I don t think it takes  much effort to keep a diary and  sometimes it can be done just for the fun.

Really appreciate that you give as the opportunity to try new strains for free.

I will take part in the Sweet Seeds new contest ,with seeds i already have and leave the freebies to someone that don t have or can t buy.

Don t be greedy folks.

Anyone you grows have money to spend for seeds,mostly.

• Like 6

@countrock Good luck with the Sweet seeds competition my friend and thank you for dropping by the HSO support forum on UK420  :yep:

Hopefully you'll do a HSO or Dinafem diary next time  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

Alright there @HSO-Mark 

Strange that people take and don’t give anything or much back, I would have to agree with the general majority with the opinion that most people who apply/ take free seeds have good intentions,but due to the nature of the hobbie, the fear can make people do strange things.

Personally unless the filth are banging on my door I am cool, more important things to worry about.

Also I think if someone wants to be applicable for seeds for diary’s they should have either completed a grow or two, to a standard that the sponsor is happy with, or they have decided to buy said seeds in which case they could pick another pack once compleated if said sponsor is happy.

When I first joined here a little while ago I decided to buy some of Hso beans from the site sponsor, great choice, Cmog, Asd, Bbhb, possibly more, so then I started a diary mainly to keep a record of my mistakes,  I haven’t got around to growing the bbhb yet but I’ll get around to it.

I think I have grown out Asd,Cmog, started(far too many) the pot noodle bubbas gift,have a black dog on now, some Sapphire mangos on the way,sure I have done more from Hso but my brain is still waking up.

I think that most people on here are here to either improve or share knowledge, not like a while ago when you might have been called a led Wanker for your choice of light, but the tech is moving and the rest of the world is now catching on, but I digress, I have compleated a few diary’s now and I personally have a much better idea of what I like, as I know exactly what it is, and most of this is due to Hso Mark and his thing and support in the forum from other members,so thanks Mark for giving me the opportunity to grow not only your Hso strains but a few of your Dinafem lady’s too, the positive affect this has had on my life this year is unmeasurable, just the fact that I don’t and haven’t brought any weed this year I did nearly run out some time ago but strung it out so I am about as happy as I get, bear in mind I am a proper miserable Wanker and I don’t really like many people they annoy me.So again thank you Mark and if there is anything I can do to help you out as long as it doesn’t make my knees sore you know where I’ll be, that’s in my shed hanging out with some purple moby dick :smokin:

Take it easy.Jj:yep:

• Like 10

Imo it should be one strike and out its a cunts trick taking freebies without documenting anything. Fair enough if you have a genuine reason but its really not on to take the piss out of our site sponsors.  I do remember the one strike rule being employed before on here and it seemed to work. 

Hope it gets sorted !!

peace!

lil d. 

• Like 11

@HSO-Mark  Alright there Mark, I hope all is well.  I ran a diary in the Dinafem section earlier in the year (EACBD) which went well.  During the diary I took up your kind offer of a few seeds for the next run and I'd do another Dinafem diary, at the expense of severe earache from Mrs Srop sent you my address etc. Nothing materialized mate only the level of earache for giving out my details lol 

I'm not getting at you in anyway mate as you were a good help and very encouraging during the grow, I even saw you offer to post an extraction fan to a fellow grower:yep:   I just wouldn't like to be on a defaulters list. 

Cheers ATB

• Like 2

Maybe be a bit more stringent in terms of a quick "back round check" and what i mean by that is scrolling through there input here at uk420 coupled with time served/post count to make a judgement, you would then see who would generally be the ones growing them out and the ones who wont !

Circumstances can change of course and i get that , but when over half dont commit it begs the question...hence the thread.

I would say if your in a position to germinate them within a fortnight or so your in but if not then dont pass go! bit harsh but fingers wont be as burnt and would stop the wastefulness of seeds you send out :yinyang:

Farmer 

• Like 4

name and shame those who dont with a sticky called banned from taking part in diarys as there leeches  with the @ button used so they get a tag and know why.

the free seeds for diarys always seem to get 30+ posts from people at least 10 are from people who you never heard of on the forums or are people who dont post often.

just look at the other competitions and giveaways  threads

i would say a minimum 18 months active membership or a green subscriber and the following 500 posts 500 rep points and a completed diary before you get on the free seeds for dairys m8 :)

or a sticky waiting list even where they  put your name down to be considered and you pick 5 or 10 people from the list

Edited by doobie01
  • Like 3

There are often valid reasons members can't complete or follow through. If those reasons are explained and apologies are made I would trust your judgement in regards to allowing future re-entry.

I been guilty of letting stuff slide myself in the past and have had to discipline myself not to just throw my name in the hat "because I can".

The truth is I would sooner see the beans go to someone who will actually post a diary than take them myself. 

I would 100% be in favour of blacklisting repeated offenders who make no attempt to follow through whatsoever.  It's members doing this that will fuck these offers up for everyone and they seriously need to have a word with themselves and sort it out.

Fingers crossed for a 95%+ completion rate next season

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, doobie01 said:

name and shame those who dont with a sticky called banned from taking part in diarys as there leeches  with the @ button used so they get a tag and know why.

That would just encourage people to leave and come back with a different username imho

• Like 6

I guess retrospective award is one way of doing this - you buy beans, grow them out with a diary and then get your free beans. That's not going to suit everyone, perhaps least of all you @HSO-Mark...

I've done a few diaries, none of them for, or with, free seeds - never asked for them and never been given any and that's OK with me... I'm happy to run a diary if I have time to do it. It can be a bit of work, but you get a lot back from the community here - and that's why I've diared - both to try to contribute and to enjoy the benefits of the experience and generosity of that community. I honestly feel I have gained much more than I have shared through doing that! I know that @HSO-Mark also gives a huge amount of support, guidance and even the odd piece of hardware, so really deserves that 80% plus return rate.

I hope you find a solution to this mate - its not on! I know a diary can be a lot of work, but its a give and take with or without free beans! With free beans, its an moral obligation - of course excluding the unforeseeable...

:v:

• Like 7