whats the smoke like ?

samhigh

@Mimicker   pak, bubba ,og, and most indica doms are easy to grow. for a first grow i would recommend the quick critical, a faster veg than most indicas and she flowers fast, that will take away some of the anticipation,anxiety of a first grow she will be ready 42 to 49 days. then you will have some smoke in the jar and a grow under the belt. then you will have time to experiment with longer vegging and or longer flowering strains. great guys on here they will jump right in if you need help or questions. growing is just cycles, you will get your timing down in no time.

@Dinafem-Mark is our go to guy, dont be afraid to hit him up with questions etc..... hes seen and heard it all and thats  just from me. lol

congrats on taking the plunge,there is no better smoke than your own

good luck,

sam

Edited by samhigh
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, samhigh said:

there is no better smoke than your own

Hear hear sam :)

You get more than just great weed. There is a sense achievement, and connection between you and the plant, you have nurtured it through it's life and it in turn rewards you :hippy:

Oh, +1 for critical, forgiving plant in my limited experience :cowboy:

• Like 4

@samhigh @Dinafem-Mark thanks guys for your input! So you'd both reccomend quick critical over a cheese for a first grow? How do the strains match yield wise? Also I'm going to have to do a fair bit of topping and LST to get the most out of my small space, was only going to run 1/2plants most. Does the QCritical respond well to stress?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mimicker said:

@samhigh @Dinafem-Mark thanks guys for your input! So you'd both reccomend quick critical over a cheese for a first grow? How do the strains match yield wise?

Alright there mate, 

Dinafems new Quick critical is a lovely trouble free grow, I am almost at the finish line, plenty of side growth, considering the pot size, there is also some pictures that @harrygrout has taken that are also in my diary, which look very nice, have you considered anything else like the purple moby dick, or the Purps#1 again 2 great strain, the Pmd being more of a knockout smoke with more of the granddaddy funk leaning taste, massive buds,then the purps#1 very similar to the pmd but more berry leaning, it is strong enough, deffo, then you have the Chocolate mint og from Hso, Which has some amazing flavours definitely another granddaddy funk influence with a bit of hasheness on the after taste. Or if you really fancy a pure indica there is Hso’s Black Dog, quite a quick finisher nice solid buds and it smells like fruit salad sweets, I’ll let you know if that translates into the taste after I have dried it out.

Hope that helps you decide @Mimicker

Take it easy.Jj:skin_up:

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Mimicker said:

@samhigh @Dinafem-Mark thanks guys for your input! So you'd both reccomend quick critical over a cheese for a first grow? How do the strains match yield wise? Also I'm going to have to do a fair bit of topping and LST to get the most out of my small space, was only going to run 1/2plants most. Does the QCritical respond well to stress?

With Quick critical being relatively new we are just starting to see the first harvests on UK420 :yep:

So far I'm really impressed at the growth, resistance and overall performance. 

Definitely a more beginner friendly strain :yep:

Cheese is not to hard to grow but can be tricky with feed and the production is not always so good. I would pick Quick critical Any Day over cheese. For the ease of growth. Cheese is nice but being in the UK it got diluted so much for the past decade it's just not a popular as it was. With that said I still like a nice bit of cheese ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

quick critical, will know more about the taste after a cure but did get a little citrus to orange taste. the effect was a little racy at first being an early sample but it settled down to a nice indica effect very relaxing. the finished product would be great for insomnia. will come back with a proper smoke report after a cure.

@Jibba jabba

@ANTHONY13

i know you guys were ahead of me with the quick critical, would love to get you guys opinion on her.

sam

• Like 3

@samhigh

hello mate

to me the smell its sweet pez candy or some of my mates compate it to friut syrup..might be the organic sunshine outdoor taste but i really love it.so much that i am gonna do an first again indoor again starting with that:)

hit?

not like 707 truthband for sure but its long lasting kick back lazy sunny sunday afternoon weed.loveable is the right word.long lasting for me for sure.

i try to explain the feeling with music instead.

here listen to this from 26.00 minutes:)

by the way two of my favourites playing!

enjoy.

and @Mimicker the genetics are good you wiil be surprised.i am a dina fan...when you see your buds at end of harvest you will thank us for giving you away dinafem secrets:)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

had some quick critical in the vape x hale last night. wow tasted like citrus and mint. the effects were quick and long lasting. as A13 described really feel good, relaxing weed. wouldn't go as far as custard as brother belch describes the purps 1, but very nice indeed. i know from experience the critical really gets better with a cure. looking forward to it. thanks @Dinafem-Mark for the chance to try her, loving it. 

:skin_up:sam

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, samhigh said:

wow tasted like citrus and mint.

Sounds tasty old friend  ;)

30 minutes ago, samhigh said:

thanks @Dinafem-Mark for the chance to try her, loving it.

Not a problem brother. You always do great work. You read for the new HSO releases? 

Free up a little room mate. I think you'll be doing a diary or 2 :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

sat down with a friend last night for a vape session with the purple moby dick. im not great with flavors so he joined me for a taste test.

we used the vapexhale cloud evo, thick tasty clouds. pmd at about 2 month cure

effects- were lovely comes on the head quick and slowly drops down to a great body stone, very nice hybrid

taste- after serious discussion we came to the conclusion of hazelnuts and a hint of vanilla, lovely stuff indeed

large.DSC02753.JPG

• Like 7

@AKPOG hows that gorilla curing up, have two in the oven now.

guys no formalities here, no full smoke reports, just drop in anytime. what ya smoking how ya smoke it did ya like it.

love you guys opinions, deep thinkers you are lol

@golf.007 you have been mighty quiet since your purps 1 was done  lol  

sam

• Like 3

Purple Afghan Kush- It has tonnes of bag appeal. Dense big nugs and the purple colours really makes the trichomes stand out.

Taste on the Arizer Solo vaporizer is mango mixed with earthy sweet nutty edge. 

The high is like a warm hug. It doesn’t put you straight to bed but that doesn’t mean it isn’t strong because it is. Perfect for mid evening. I can walk the dogs on this but don’t expect anything more energetic from me for an hour or two:smokin:

Almost everyone that tried it rated either PAK or Bubbas Gift (from the same grow) in their top 5 smokes ever and all have been smoking for well over a decade.

• Like 4

@Rick Grimestop 5 ever what more can you say. if you didnt know i am a pak monster had her going 2 yrs straight. have the purps 1 going now

great reports on her coming out. is a warm hug the same as hot custard lol

my avatar is pak, oh how i miss her

now i cant get that freshly cut pineapple smell out of my mind, glad you enjoyed it, cant wait to get your opinion on the quick critical.

thanks for the write up on the pak :skin_up:

sam

Edited by samhigh
  • Like 2

Im smoking a bit of our PMD at the moment kindly gifted by a friend and I must say I'm really enjoying this batch. The haze is still prevalent in the foreground but the pheno is much more fruity than others I've tasted  :bong:

Nice to see that Dinafem girls are being enjoyed. Wait until you see what flavours are coming in 2019 :yep:

Very exciting year planned :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 5