The 2018 HSO Pot Noodle Challenge!

Just now, zibzabs said:

I wish I had some noodle secrets! 

I reckon the sachet's the key

You're not the only one, I'm used to big pots of soil lol

• Like 1

I would love a crack at this if your prepared to send some seeds my way...leave that one up to you, but a tropical pot noodle grow would be a ball of fun! Can let the sunshine get the work done out here :D

• Like 1

Oi oi can we have confirmation Mark , just so I can rest my old head lol.

The phrase ,"roots must stay in the container" 

As long as the bottom of the pot is intact and just has drainage holes drilled then all will be ok yes?

We are basically going to rootbind these plants pretty quick and I'm pretty sure the roots are going to try and escape out the bottom come the end. 

This cant be helped as far as I can see?

Ive got plants been potted up from 1L to 2L in coco and within a week I will have a few roots poking out the bottom already. Over a decent veg and flower I expect if the plant don't die there will be loads of roots poking out and possibly growing out of the pot into the tray it will sit in. 

Is this acceptable? Just for confirmation?

cheers

zz

• Like 4

I was maybe thinking of potting up to a 3 or 4 litre in veg then cutting the rootball down and flowering in the noodle cup, would this be allowed as the flowering will be all in the noodle cup?

just getting my plan down hope this makes sense cheers.

atb

Edited by golf.007
  • Like 1

@golf.007 I can understand your thinking, but I would say no, as it's not going to be in a pot noodle throughout, but let's wait and see what @HSO-Mark says:yep: 

There probably are a couple of things that can be done regarding pot modding, as long as the roots stay in the pot noodle pot.

Take it easy mate. Jj:yinyang:

• Like 2

Room for a little not poodle grower in here mark? well up for trying a few HSO strains after trying a friends amherst sour recently, was a stonking smoke!

let me know and i will pm an addy

cheers and good luck all

Fresh

• Like 1

As long as i don't have to eat the pot noodle contents first :puke: then i would love a crack at this please mark 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, golf.007 said:

I was maybe thinking of potting up to a 3 or 4 litre in veg then cutting the rootball down and flowering in the noodle cup, would this be allowed as the flowering will be all in the noodle cup?

just getting my plan down hope this makes sense cheers.

atb

Absolutely not all the plant must be grown in the container. You can germinate then go direct into "pot noodle containers" :bong:

No vegging in a larger pot, root pruning then flowering in the "Pot noodle containers" this is not allowed sorry!

@zztopbudz the only holes you will need will be for drainage purposes but we want to try and contain those roots into the container. 

Yes you can use a tray to catch water which but not to increase growth  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HSO-Mark said:

@zztopbudz the only holes you will need will be for drainage purposes but we want to try and contain those roots into the container. 

Ok mate , drainage holes excellent stuff. No rules on how many or what size? 

But you agree they are gonna come out , there will be no stopping them. 

Are we to trim any roots outside the container?

4 hours ago, HSO-Mark said:

Yes you can use a tray to catch water which but not to increase growth  :bong:

How would a tray increase growth? Are you talking about say flooding the tray with water and throwing in an air stone and trying to grow the roots onto the tray like dwc?

I drip onto coco and flood the trays so about 20 percent run off goes through the pots and onto the tray and then it runs away to a res. 

I'm just planning on sitting the pot noodle on the tray and it will be bottom fed from the main plants run off.  My experience of bottom feeding in coco is that the roots will come out the bottom , so I don't wanna break any rules , but multi timed coco feeds is how I roll. 

Sorry to be a pain mate. The thought of growing and flowering a full size ish plant in a 1 l pot freaks me out a bit lol. 

Its like deliberately inflicting suffering on our beloved plants ennit lol

zz

• Like 2

@marcjuna please send over mailing info please  :bong:

@DS88 You will need to get your post count up to 50 my friend. When you do drop me a pm as this is open until July  :)

Kind regards 

Mark..