The 2018 HSO Pot Noodle Challenge!

Well the 1st pot noodle challenge is over and I must say it's been a great success  :yep:

It really tested both the strain (Bubbas gift) and the growers that participated  ;)

I'm going to take January to look through all the diarys and with @leapsure skemor help with his pot noodle tracker I'll get the 3 winners announced. 

I can safely say @vince noir rock n roll star is in the top 3 :) he really did make the most of this completion and been a valued competitor always happy to help others whilst pulling off 3 grows maybe 4 with the re-veg tech ;)

Winners will be announced within the month. Then we will see if we can run this again. I don't see why not :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

any news

My old nan always used to say that no news was good news.:skin_up:

Take it easy Jj.:yinyang:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

any news?

I do have the winners selected gentlemen and will get them announced early this coming week :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 5

@highlo Really tough mate. It was that hard I've done

1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners + 2 Honerable mentions basically 3 x 3rd place winners ;)

Never easy, I dare say some members will disagree with the winners but I think I've chosen correctly  ;)

I'll get them announced early this coming week. Monday or Tuesday at the latest :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 4

No rush mate, I'm sure there will always be disagreements but I'd like to think most of us are happy just to take part and have a nice taste of the bubbas gift for our efforts, I'm going to have to dedicate a larger pot to this one some time

:smokin:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, highlo said:

No rush mate, I'm sure there will always be disagreements but I'd like to think most of us are happy just to take part and have a nice taste of the bubbas gift for our efforts, I'm going to have to dedicate a larger pot to this one some time

:smokin:

Well said fella :yes:, Couldn't agree more.

Free seeds and an enjoyable smoke all for the cost of documenting the grow, winner winner chicken dinner already i reckon.

There's one reason i like competitions. 

Forget the prizes, As much as they are appreciated being offered up (sorry don't want to sound rude there) but,

Seeing the inovation that can come from grows really does help add to the knowledge base of those that peruse the diaries.

Personally I've learned so much watching people push their own bounderies over time/comps.

For me , That's where the prize lies, Knowledge.

cheers

Reso

• Like 4

its sposed to be a bit of fun first and foremost ..thats what i signed up for ..the craic

• Like 3

Will there be a compo this year, anywhere on site? Is it a yearly thing? I fancy having a go...show you buggers how it's done :P

• Like 3

On 03/02/2019 at 0:27 PM, j.o.i.n.t said:

Will there be a compo this year, anywhere on site? Is it a yearly thing? I fancy having a go...show you buggers how it's done :P

Oh yes we definitely plan on doing it again this year. Let me get the winners sorted for this grow and start the outdoor competition then I'll turn my focus to another "Pot noodle challenge" along with a nice indoor competition  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

On 03/02/2019 at 1:25 AM, Resonance said:

Well said fella :yes:, Couldn't agree more.

Free seeds and an enjoyable smoke all for the cost of documenting the grow, winner winner chicken dinner already i reckon.

There's one reason i like competitions. 

Forget the prizes, As much as they are appreciated being offered up (sorry don't want to sound rude there) but,

Seeing the inovation that can come from grows really does help add to the knowledge base of those that peruse the diaries.

Personally I've learned so much watching people push their own bounderies over time/comps.

For me , That's where the prize lies, Knowledge.

cheers

Reso

Well said by both of you boy's  :yep:

I must say it has been a blast. Really nice to see the community and members happy and getting creative  :bong:

You can go out and spend thousands of pounds on a crazy grow system and I bet you would have more fun using a pot noodle container lol

It also allows us to pick a strain and stress test her via various methods. Yes the roots are obstructed but others stress follows ;)

Bubbas gift held up really well. The hardest part was germination  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 3