The 2018 HSO Pot Noodle Challenge!

HSO 2018 Pot Noodle Challenge 

The growing scene can be quite serious at times so we at HSO along with the UK420 community would like to bring a bit of fun back to the forum.  In the form of a competition. More specifically

The Pot Noodle Challenge :bong:

We are going to make the rules as simple as possible. So let's get into them and this competition/challenge under way :yep:

1- What is the pot noodle challenge?

A- The aim will be to grow 1-3 plant,s to the best of your ability in, you guessed it a "Pot noodle" container!

2- What strain will be grown?

A- We though a heavy indica would be best suited to this style of grow and we have selected "Bubbas gift" :bong:

large.bubbas-gift-fem-1.jpg

3- When does this start?

A- Seeds will be sent out asap with hopes that they land by early May 2018. Diarys can be started immediately but we know some growers have prior commitments so ALL diarys must be started by July 31st 2018.

4- When does this finish?

A- Your grow diary must be completed by the 31st December 2018 :bong: (That gives 5 full month if you started at the latest start date) :yep:

5- How do we enter?

A- Simple. Just submit your name in this thread and you are entered.

6- How many seeds will we get

A- We will supply 3 seed for each member

7- Will there be a prize for the winner/winners?

A- Yes of course.  We will have 3 winners

1- Best overall grow diary!(Selected by us at HSO)
2- Best yield!(This will be down to honesty from you the members)
3- Best looking plant!(We at HSO will select our top 3 then do a community poll to decide the "best" )

The prizes will be.

20 seeds of the winners selection and a HSO goodie bag with our usual gifts such at t-shirts etc. These will be the prizes for this competition :yep:

8- Can we used the large size pot noodle container? Aka "Kingsize"!

A- Yes you can use either the "regular" or "kingsize" pot noodle container. Personally I would go for the larger container as it holds slightly more medium. The smaller if you want more of a challenge :yep:

9- Can we grow more than 1 plant?

A- Yes, we will be supplying 3 seeds to each member so if you want to grow 1,2 or 3 plants  (in separate pot noodle containers) that is allowed.

10- When will we receive our seeds?

A- I will collect all names throughout this month(April 2018) and aim to have all seeds out by early May 2018 :yep:

Now just a little bit more information and answers.

The plant/plants grown must be grown only in the "Pot noodle container" . The bottom can not be cut out to allow more root development in to another pot or as a net pot in a hydro type grow. (We know you guys can get creative) :bong:

If you are participating in this fun competition you will need to do

A weekly picture update showing various angles of the plant and pot so it is clear only the container specified is being used. The cannabis community can get creative and we want a level paying field for this one.

This is by no means a new concept. When I have seen these grows in the past it has really brought the community together and in general a fun project for all who want to participate.

We will open this upto the whole UK420 community but we must have a cut off for members and this will be 50 members total for this adventure.

So there we have the first HSO Pot Noodle Challenge up and running on the UK420 platform.

This is going to be a blast so get your names down for this epic competition.

I would like to say a big thank you to @zero @Badbadger @JamJar and every other member who belled bring this together :)

Any questions just ask :bong:

Let's get this started. 

Kind regards

HSO-Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 20

Sounds fun to do 

Going to be doing some black dogs in a few weeks so could fit a pot noodle in between them if I get in , if not might put a black dog in one just for fun :george:

• Like 2

I'm in, got a fishing trip soon, 3 pot noodles shall disappear and pots repurposed.

Hopefully I will be able to time them with my blue kush bagseed being flipped. 

• Like 2

chicken n mushroom at your service sir ..ready n willing ..pot predrilled ready to go

• Like 2

you forgot to state which size pot noodle container ..the smaller or the bigger ..how difficult do you want to make this contest @HSO-Mark

• Like 1

I personally think small one would be better as the Kingsize are not as easily bought..

Edited by JamJar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HSO-Mark said:

8- Can we used the large size pot noodle container? Aka "Kingsize"!

A- Yes you can use either the "regular" or "kingsize" pot noodle container. Personally I would go for the larger container as it holds slightly more medium. The smaller if you want more of a challenge :yep:

@vince noir rock n roll star @JamJar The pot size is stated guys :bong:

You can use either. After great though I decided that both could be used :)

Personally I would go with the larger "King zize" @JamJar They are easy to get mate if you can't find one I'm sure a few members would happily eat one and send you the tub lol

Kind regards 

Mark.. 

• Like 3

my mistake chap sorry didnt see that line ..will the users of smaller sizes be marked up from the off for taking the harder option though ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSO-Mark said:

Now just a little bit more information and answers.

The plant/plants grown must be grown only in the "Pot noodle container" . The bottom can not be cut out to allow more root development in to another pot or as a net pot in a hydro type grow. (We know you guys can get creative) :bong:

@vince noir rock n roll star also stated my friend  :)

The plant and roots must be contained throughout the grow in 1 pot noodle container :bong:

No cutting the bottom off to let those roots grow into more medium and can not be used hydro style as a net pot :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

First off I am willing to admit I didn't know what a pot noodle was.... I would like to give this a shot if possible !

• Like 2