The Devil's Arse Welcomes Dinafem Critical+2.0

twoscoops

On 29/05/2018 at 6:41 PM, twoscoops said:

The buds do look amazing and she's definitely the queen in anyone's Grow space :yep:.

Now that's feedback we love to hear. Those buds are very impressive and trichome coverage is crazy looking.

They actually look like they have been coated in sugar. Very impressive bud production ;)

We are just past the 45 day mark closing in on 7 weeks in bloom so I would now cut feed back, start the flush in preparation for a day 56-60 finish.

Would you agree mate @twoscoops?

You've done a phenomenal job with our critical+2.0 and the time is coming where you'll get your reward of what looks like some pure fire flowers ;)

Beautifully done :headbang:

Thanks for the update mate. Not long now ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

Smashing it mate, love the floppy buds :D

Have you thought about reducing the light hours to get them to finish up instead of turning the lights down? It's what people do to get long flowering sativas to finish, 13/11 should be plenty ;)

• Like 4

That's a great point by @beezee

You are on 12/12 now with 2 weeks remaining. This next week I would reduce light on by 1 hour so (13/11)(off/on) and finish on (14/10) for the final week. It will help speed up the harvest :yep:

Worth a thought mate :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 5

@botanics

Thanks mate :cheers:

@beezee

I have just adjusted the lighting timer to what you suggested (13 / 11 ) , good idea that mate - thanks :yep:.

Be interesting to see how the 'GLR' for lighting goes in your diary :book:.

@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks, I have just put them onto a flush today so we will see how it works and how they look.

She is a quick pheno this one and she has definitely gained a lot of weight with most  flowers leaning over even though I haven't gone crazy high with the feeds and no pk boost used.

I think I will keep a check on the reservoir EC levels and keep checking the trichomes and see how the flowers look.

• Like 5

I dont know how I missed this. Will definitely be on the lookout for more updates you've got this down to perfection 

• Like 4

Mini update:

This afternoon I decided to empty the reservoir and refill with flush.

I filled the reservoir with 170 Litres of fresh water and checked the EC and ph of just the water. 

My tap water background readings was showing a EC of 0.6 - 0.8 ,

the PH reading was 6.8.

Next I added the Growers Ark Flush It at a rate of 5ml / l as per bottle instructions (850 ml in total).

With the Flush nicely mixed in the reservoir the EC showed 1.2 - 1.4 and ph was 6.1

It does say on the bottle it's buffered for a more stable ph and this shows in the above readings.

Some info I found on 'Flush It'

Growers Ark Flush It is a flushing solution to be used in the final days of flowering, to ensure a good finish to the crop.

Flush will help remove any metallic taste from the left over nutrients in the plant sap. Growers Ark Flush It works in two ways:

Firstly it provides a final boost of plant hormones to help the plant finish flowering / fruiting easily this helps use up any excess nutrient.

Secondly the balance of the salts in Flush will help the plants loose any excess nutrients while providing enough nutrients for the plant to finish flowering.

Improves flavour and aroma and promotes sugar production.

It says to monitor the EC levels in the reservoir as flushing can happen quickly in a recirculating system like mine with multiple feeds / floods.

I plan to check the reservoir daily and see what is happening to the readings.

The plants are still drinking plenty out of the reservoir up to this point, so fingers crossed folks.

twoscoops :) 

• Like 4

@beezee

Not sure mate, I am going to check the reservoir later and note the readings.

I will check the trichomes and see if anything changes from cloudy to a few amber ones, then I think it will be ready.

Might have to go under the canopy to check them because there all leaning right over - upside down flowers :rofl: .

• Like 4

@twoscoops Good licm gstting in the jungle mate  :yep:

Now that the flush had started I'm sure we will see those lower leaves starting to yellow up as stored up nutrients are used ;)

What % of Amber trichomes do you want mate?

Definitely 7-10 days then it's chop time maybe slightly sooner  :)

Will look out for your next update my friend :)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark

Good to hear from you mate,  I aim for around 20 - 25 % amber normally if everything goes to plan  :yep: .  

The flowers are very heavy / dense and full of sugar :hippy:.

Looking at the buds they have a lovely blue hue and even a light hint of purple on them too, they look beautiful to see. 

I have taken more photos last Thursday night  ( 7th June ) for the 7 week or 49 days bloom.

I will be putting them on the computer over the next few days and updating the diary with any changes :) .

atb twoscoops :yep:

Edited by twoscoops
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, twoscoops said:

have taken more photos last Thursday night  ( 7th June ) for the 7 week or 49 days bloom.

I will be putting them on the computer over the next few days and updating the diary with any changes :)

Will look out for them brother. Your past shots have been superb  :)

Can't wait :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

Update In 'The Devil's Arse':

Last Thursday  (7 th June ) I took some more photos of the plants at exactly 7 weeks or 49 days into bloom. I will attach these photos at the end of this update :) .

As mentioned in a previous update I have been running Growers Ark Flush It in my reservoir only. I took some EC readings daily while it was flooding and draining in my system and to see what the results showed.

Below are the readings :

170 Litres of tap water background reading : 0.6 - 0.8 EC & 6.8 PH

After adding Flush It ( 5ml / l ) and mixing    : 1.2 - 1.4 EC & 6.1 PH

24 hours after 3 x flooding and draining       : 1.4 EC & PH 6.5

48 hours after 3 x flooding and draining       : 1.6 EC & PH 6.5

72 hours after 3 x flooding and draining       : 1.4 EC & PH 6.5

96 hours after 3 x flooding and draining       : 1.2 EC & PH 6.5

After four days running the Flush It just under 100 Litres had disappeared out of my reservoir and looking at the readings it looks like the EC peaked and settled back down again like it's says from the information leaflet about Flush It. 

Reservoir temps have been between 19 c - 20 c 

I decided to empty the remaining mix out of the reservoir and refill it with just tap water only for the run up to harvest time :yahoo:.

Temps in the tent between 22c - 29c ( including lights off period )

RH readings showed 55 - 63 

I did alter my lighting timer and took Beezee's advice to reduce the lights on hours slightly to 13 off / 11 on.

I also swapped the 3 x hps bulbs back to 3 x metal halide bulbs for the final period.

There is a really heavy aroma inside the tent now and I love how it smells citrus / lemons but still very overpowering at the same time.

Alot of flowers have doubled right over I will have to keep a close watch on them, plenty of stonkers in the tent.

I have got my extraction hyper fan running at full speed now 24 / 7 .

Below are some canopy photos:

large.5b2050d4d306f_DinafemCritical2_0mx.jpg

large.5b2050d30cbc5_DinafemCritical2_0mv.jpg

large.5b2050d3d7d31_DinafemCritical2_0mw.jpg

(Metal Halide lights on)

large.5b2050d24790a_DinafemCritical2_0mu.jpg

large.5b2050d13ab44_DinafemCritical2_0mt.jpg

Below are some photos front / underneath:

large.5b20514fa199b_DinafemCritical2_0nj.jpg

large.5b205150a2090_DinafemCritical2_0nk.jpg

large.5b20515180d76_DinafemCritical2_0nl.jpg

(Very heavy / dense flowers ) gone south :woot:

large.5b2051525b807_DinafemCritical2_0nm.jpg

Below are some flower photos:

large.5b2051dce198f_DinafemCritical2_0nf.jpg

large.5b2051db33fa9_DinafemCritical2_0nd.jpg

large.5b2051da46a12_DinafemCritical2_0nc.jpg

large.5b2051dea32e3_DinafemCritical2_0nh.jpg

large.5b2051d875f0c_DinafemCritical2_0na.jpg

large.5b2051d96646f_DinafemCritical2_0nb.jpg

large.5b2051d6c7770_DinafemCritical2_0my.jpg

large.5b2051d793894_DinafemCritical2_0mz.jpg

(Thin leaf blades)

large.5b2051dc079d6_DinafemCritical2_0ne.jpg

(Solid sugar coated flowers) 

large.5b2051ddc8369_DinafemCritical2_0ng.jpg

Thats about it for now folks , it's not long now until harvest time :yahoo:and that reminds me I must get my snips cleaned and everything ready in preparation.

Happy gardening folks....

twoscoops :) 

• Like 10

These are some of the nicest looking plants on here at the moment, an awesome bit of growing there dude. Loving all of the photos too.

Good luck with the last couple of weeks.

• Like 3