The Devil's Arse Welcomes Dinafem Critical+2.0

twoscoops

On 25/09/2018 at 9:16 PM, twoscoops said:

doesn't half put out some trichomes, looks like it's been in 'Willy Wonka's' pocket

I've been seeing some very good returns with our Critical+2.0 via the Rosin tech ;)

Definitely well suited for extract making as she is a resin monster  :yep:

Glad your enjoying her brother  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hola folks :) ,

The other day I harvested some Critical + 2.0 and took a few photos so I thought I would put them in here after my diary.

Same as before - all my own clones & same pheno. 

I harvested these exactly at 7 and half weeks or 52 days from flipping the timer switch to 12 / 12 bloom .

I used the same coco base nutrients, trace mix, root stimulator and finally finishing with flush feed. 

I purchased some more more yo-yo hangers this time to stop the heavy canopy collapsing .

So the snips were sharpened and everything was ready to go and this is a photo just before I climbed into the jungle to begin trimming :

large.5bca545090886_DinafemCritical2_0pv.jpg

Just a few of the lovely crystal coated flowers :

large.5bca544d6739f_DinafemCritical2_0ps.jpg

large.5bca544e7877b_DinafemCritical2_0pt.jpg

large.5bca544f9db39_DinafemCritical2_0pu.jpg

large.5bca54691cc84_DinafemCritical2_0qa.jpg

Just a few sticky flowers with the Dinafem pin badge and stickers :

large.5bca547489300_DinafemCritical2_0qc.jpg

large.5bca545eae88a_DinafemCritical2_0py.jpg

large.5bca546a221c2_DinafemCritical2_0qb.jpg

large.5bca545caedb5_DinafemCritical2_0px.jpg

large.5bca545bb317c_DinafemCritical2_0pw.jpg

large.5bca54681a3a9_DinafemCritical2_0pz.jpg

It always intrests me how different the flowers can look even though they are the same pheno / clones I hold but grown at a different time of the year.

Funny how slight changes to the growing environment makes the same pheno express itself different from previous grows, a good environment really is king. 

(That's my non expert opinion)

Happy gardening everyone 

twoscoops :beer:

• Like 11

On 20/10/2018 at 0:24 PM, twoscoops said:

Funny how slight changes to the growing environment makes the same pheno express itself different from previous grows, a good environment really is king. 

(That's my non expert opinion)

I've always be fascinated by this mate. Depending on the time of year and conditions you can grow 2 identical clones, taken from the same mother and get totally different results. 

I always wanted to test strains this way to see if I got better results from some in the spring/summer months and others autumn/winter but I never found the time. Maybe one day :yep:

As always some stunning shots brother. I see the hat pin is coming in handy. I'll have to get you one of our new silicone ashtray and our new Dinafem plant label's  :yep:

Until next time buddy  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

@jadenugs

No not yet , I wouldn't mind a few in the back garden in root pouches nestled in between tomato plants :ninja: hehe.

Would love to see what she can do under the sun, I bet she would show some nice colours in full bloom.

It would be nice also to get some seeds from her at some point to get the pheno protected in seed form.

Not wanting to cross it with another strain,  just self pollinate it to and get plenty of seeds.

I am not sure about the process of doing this and even if it's a good idea with it being a feminised clone,

Might have a read on the breeding section on here when I get time.

atb twoscoops :) 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, twoscoops said:

I bet she would show some nice colours in full bloom.

Exactly what I was thinking dude ;)

Beezee is well up on selfing and that, I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction with some tips. My only understanding is a few sprays of colloidal silver but I wouldn't have a clue about the details :)

• Like 3

about a fortnight from flip  - around week 1  into bloom, isolate the plant you are gonna take pollen from, and spray them with colloidial silver 3 times a day during lights on (50ppm colloidial silver, at least) 

Once balls appear keep spraying for a week. The plant should have pollen and you can collect it from the sacks when they start to open.

You are better pollenating a separate plant of the same strain tho, don't pollenate the one you harvested the pollen from, that's just asking for hermie traits to go down the line. I could be wrong on this, but have never risked it, having heard and read of various dissasters trying this. 

So isolate and pollenate your chosen girl , by taking the pollen on to an artists paint brush and just flicking it over the fems pistils.

Once done, if its going into a tent with plants you don't also want pollenated some spray with water, or air to get rid of the excess pollen but ive never bothered. I always just used a small tent for pollenated plants to live out the rest of their days, prevents any chance of cross pollination or pollenating the whole tent, which is very easily done.

Then  just finish the plant as normal, you will se the calyx swelling, and once finished, you can winterise the seeds or just crack on and plant em. 

That's how I used to do it anyway, I'm sure others have used different techniques.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 6

Use sts, you only have to spay twice then. Once before the first 12 hour dark period, then again 2 weeks later.

50% of the seeds should be identical to the clone, but they might lose some vigour. If you want to continue breeding the line, you'll need to find the good pheno from fresh seed then bx. 

• Like 3

@beezee

Thanks - I shall have a gander at the sts solution online. 

Just trying to understand the process first and get a few things in place and hopefully have a dabble.

Cheers :)

• Like 3

Not sure if you can get sts solution online, but the chems are dirt cheap and you hardly need any. The medical grade distilled water is the most expensive thing ;)

• Like 3