The Devil's Arse Welcomes Dinafem Critical+2.0

twoscoops

@Dinafem-Mark

Yeah they were ready for another 600w metal halide, so now they are all basking in 1200 watts.

When I get them to a decent size and width I will flip them into bloom phase and I will be hitting them with 1800 watts from the start of 12 / 12 :yep:.

I will be aiming to fill that space as best I can front to back. I might scrog it yet or even use the net as a support after the plants have stopped stretching. 

Any slight changes or introduction of any other equipment I will document it all in here, like a step by step diary. That way I might get some advice / help off other experienced growers. 

I will also be introducing a 'dump fan' during bloom to get all the air within the tent mixing nicely.

Hopefully I can grow some royal oaks :yep:.

Cheers scoops :oldtoker:

• Like 4

Over the last couple of days I have been rebuilding the flood & drain system and I have taken a few photos of the equipment I use.

Here is my 220 litre nutrient reservoir set up :

• Maxi jet 1000 pump 
  • Hydor 200w reservoir heater ( if needed )
  • Newa wave 3.9 circulation powerhead 3100 L / ph
  • Temperature probe for min / max readings.

large.5ac7f88991597_Reservoirtanka.jpg

I have used some Yo-Yo hangers to support the circulation powerhead just off the bottom of the reservoir tank. It stops any vibration and noise resonating :yep:.

Next is the reservoir tank with iceline piping installed :

large.5ac7f89b813af_Reservoirtankb.jpg

The piping coming up from the reservoir pump has a T fitting at the top and on the right hand side is a very important fitting ' anti syphon valve ' 

Across the top is some 32mm dia waste pipe which the syphon valve is located inside.

I like to do this as it keeps everything quiet and any nutrients the syphon valve spits out just falls through some drilled holes in the underside of the waste pipe and back into the reservoir.

Filling the reservoir : 

large.5ac7f8be49567_Reservoirtankjacuzzia.jpg

Notice my lovely homemade water level indicator, I marked it off in 20L increments and the odd 10L increment in between. 

Switching the circulation powerhead on : Jacuzzi style lol  

large.5ac7f8d86a586_Reservoirtankjacuzzib.jpg

To start with I put 150 litres of water in and switched the circulation powerhead on, you can see how much water it's moving about.

I like it because it keeps my nutrients moving all the time and creates a 'flooming' effect in my reservoir.  

I added the following nutrients to the reservoir at these rates : 

Growers Ark Grow 3ml / L

Growers Ark Extra Traces 2ml / L

Growers Ark Root Tonic 5ml / L

The nutrients mixed showed an EC of 1.2 -1.4 , PH of 6.1 and 19c temperature :thumsup:

I decided to lower the Grow feed back to 3ml / L now it's going on flood and drain, but I can easily increase it again if the plants need more feed.

Next up are a few photos of the iceline piping running into the tent from the IWS brain bucket / controller (located outside tent) :

large.5ac7f82c754e6_Icelinepipea.jpglarge.5ac7f855911cf_Icelinepipec.jpglarge.5ac7f84480edb_Icelinepipeb.jpg

I have set the feed timer to flood and drain the plants twice during lights on.

I like to set it just so it floods the pots and holds it there for about 30 seconds and then pumps it back into the reservoir tank. 

Heres the pots / plants piped up :

large.5ac7f867cca2d_Icelinepipedtestflood.jpglarge.5ac7f8790540e_Icelinepipeetestflood.jpg

Everything tested ok and now it's up and running, flooding and draining :guitar: .

• Like 11

Tidy looking set up brother and when these get bloomed under 1800w this is going to be a sight to see :)

Plants are developing at a steady pace and showing some very nice growth since the last update. 

Things are progressing really well mate and as always thank you for the diary update  :)

Until next time :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 4

Update:

Since the flood and drain has been switched on and dialled in the plants are starting to developed nicely :) .

The plants have been in the 'Devil's Arse' about three and a half weeks now.

I have been flooding them twice in the 18 hour lights on period.

The feeds are still the same in the reservoir (Filled to 150 Litres of water)

Growers Ark Grow 3ml / L

This gave me 1.2 - 1.4 EC , 6.1 P.H & nutrient temp was 19c - 20c :guitar:.

I might up the base feed back to 4ml / L but the plants seem ok at 3ml / L, I think I will check the feed in the reservoir with the E.C truncheon and see if they need a stronger mix adding. 

I will also check the PH reading to see if it needs tweaking back down, but having said that I do like to let it come up quite abit before I adjust it again.

I am still using a foliar feed every other day of Shropshire Seaweed at 1ml / L and rotating / turning the pots daily.

Still under 2 x 600 watt metal halides about 20 + inch away from the plants.

Room temps have gone up slightly to 24c on & 19c off.

It's still abit of a difference but the plants look happy enough.

Humidity was showing 32 & 45.

Its getting more and more difficult to capture canopy shots as they grow, they are pushing me out of the room lol .

Some photos of the plants so far, these were taken yesterday :) : 

large.5aca986f3c222_DinafemCritical2_0dq.jpglarge.5aca988711f57_DinafemCritical2_0dr.jpglarge.5aca989a2b34b_DinafemCritical2_0ds.jpglarge.5aca98ab9b5c6_DinafemCritical2_0dt.jpglarge.5aca98bdb07b5_DinafemCritical2_0du.jpglarge.5aca98cfca8e5_DinafemCritical2_0dv.jpg

Photo of structure of one of the Critical + 2.0's :

large.5aca98e091038_DinafemCritical2_0dw.jpglarge.5aca98f256c2f_DinafemCritical2_0dx.jpg

I lifted a few of the punch pots just to check underneath and most have lovely thick white roots developing like this : 

large.5aca99032913d_DinafemCritical2_0dy.jpg

Thanks for looking in and what do we think so far folks ?

Some more beers here, help yourselves & have a rinse :) 

large.5aca99f07d3d1_EyamBreweryAles.jpg

twoscoops :) 

• Like 11

22 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Tidy looking set up brother and when these get bloomed under 1800w this is going to be a sight to see :)

Plants are developing at a steady pace and showing some very nice growth since the last update. 

Things are progressing really well mate and as always thank you for the diary update  :)

All the best 

Mark..

Thanks Mark, hopefully I can put a nice flower show on :) ,

I was browsing the Dinafem instagram account last night and saw a absolute monster Critical +2.0 plant grown outside. I think it was 'sacred roots farms' Oregan, something like 400 gallon pot / organic nutrients / sun and a lot of TLC. 

Beautiful looking plant and an absolute beast, makes me want to try a few of these outside :oldtoker:.

twoscoops ...

• Like 3

Stunning grow so far mate. Loving your set up, very clean and tidy.

You're gonna have some monsters on your hands :)

Good luck getting in the tent later dude, you won't be able to zip it up lol

All the best :yep:

• Like 4

@jadenugs

Thanks mate :) , aye hopefully the tent will be bursting in bloom time, it's a good job I can access all four sides :smokin:

I have just had a peek at the plants - all ok , looked in the reservoir and it needed an emergency top up. 

I originally filled it last week to 150 litres and when I checked tonight it was at 60 Litre mark lol , I have just flopped 20 litres extra in with nutrients to get through tonight and then tomorrow I shall refill the reservoir with fresh water / nutrients  at a more sensible time lol .

So that's 90 Litres gone , vanished lol , at least I know they are drinking well.

• Like 4

Beautiful work brother  :bong:

Ec, ph and temps are all spot on and that is showing in the plants :)

Super healthy, very vibrant and now showing the vigour we know this strain is capable of :bong:

So far really impressive mate and this is one grow I'll be glued to :)

As always thank you for the diary update and I'll check back in on the next  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Update in the Devil's Arse:

I took some more photos last night which meant the plants have been in grow phase for just under four and a half weeks now and they are still under 2 x 600 watt metal halides.

Everything is looking great so far and the plants are just about filling the floor space now, so at some point next week I will be switching to bloom phase 12 / 12 :) .

The plants are still on two floods during the 18 hours lights on cycle and they are drinking plenty out of the reservoir, so I am topping up after 3 days which is a good sign, thirsty girls.

I have been filling 150 Litres of fresh water and adding the nutrients to this weekly and also emergency top ups mid week.

I keep the feed strength the same in the reservoir which is as follows:

Growers Ark Grow 3ml / L

The E.C was 1.4 , PH was showing 6.0 and nutrient temp is 19-20 C.

Also I have been foliar feeding the same as before, every other day with Shropshire Seaweed at 1 ml / L .

Room temps have improved to 21 - 24 c

Humidity 34 - 45 

I think I will have to watch out for the warmer weather coming soon and try and keep on top of the temps when I hit them with 1800 watts in bloom phase :naughty:.

Here are some (4) photos looking in the front opening ,  I had to get really far away to try and fit them all in lol   :

large.5ad30ec44e87d_DinafemCritical2_0ec.jpg

large.5ad30d23e092d_DinafemCritical2_0dz.jpg

large.5ad30d88c00cc_DinafemCritical2_0ea.jpg

large.5ad30e0b4b1da_DinafemCritical2_0eb.jpg

Next is a canopy photo and some of the plants from a top view :

large.5ad31242a6626_DinafemCritical2_0ed.jpg

large.5ad312ad882d6_DinafemCritical2_0ee.jpg

large.5ad3130e4aa11_DinafemCritical2_0ef.jpg

large.5ad3136990461_DinafemCritical2_0eg.jpg

large.5ad3145d70d1d_DinafemCritical2_0eh.jpg

I have some more photos so I will put them in another post to follow : 

• Like 8

Continuing from the previous post :

Two photos showing how the main stems have bulked up :

large.5ad314b58724e_DinafemCritical2_0ei.jpg

large.5ad315337ae88_DinafemCritical2_0ek.jpg

Some photos of the fan leaves and tops of the plants : 

large.5ad318415a412_DinafemCritical2_0el.jpg

large.5ad318988e0e9_DinafemCritical2_0em.jpg

Next is a photo of a super cropped arm I pinched a few weeks ago ( she's got muscles on muscles lol ) : 

It does slow them down a little but i like how the plant bushes out eventually, and the plants arms really bulk up :) .

large.5ad318ee5859a_DinafemCritical2_0ep.jpg

Last up not forgetting the roots :

large.5ad318bd66abe_DinafemCritical2_0en.jpg

I am going to keep a really close watch over them now because I think they are just about ready to go into bloom phase ....

Thats it so far, what do we reckon folks ?

Edited by twoscoops
  • Like 9

Beautiful work brother  :yep:

Really nice vigorous growth being shown. Temps, humidity and e.c/ph are perfect and that shows in the plants. 

We have a few partners stateside who grow our genetics big. Like you said they tend to go with 200-600 gallon smart pots and produce monster harvests. 

Our YouTube channel had a ton of great videos from our partners I would link you but oh yes YouTube terminated our channel lol

Things are looking in tip top shape mate  :)

As always thank you for the diary update and added pictures very much appreciated!

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

great growing on them girls, i like the autopot set up, thinking of doing something sim myself. :yinyang:

:smokin:

• Like 4

@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks :) , hopefully I can keep these Criticals under control when I flip them to bloom.

It is nice and very interesting to see just how big the genetics / plants can grow to in perfect conditions, I am dreaming now of a 400 gallon pot in the middle of my back garden lol .

Shame about YouTube terminating the videos, I will have a look later if I can find any other videos on similar sites.

thanks 

• Like 3