The Devil's Arse Welcomes Dinafem Critical+2.0

twoscoops

@smokie1 b c f c

Thanks :) , and the set up I use is a flood and drain IWS. 

It does have its problems like the roots chasing and blocking the flood pipes so you have to keep on top of it.

If you have the time I would build a auto watering system using them run off trays made by IWS or RTA and have a root pouch / smart pot on top of that with a top feeding pipe, that way the plants aren't sat in run off.

A few members on here have these types of self made watering systems and they work really well with fantastic results. 

twoscoops :yinyang: 

• Like 4

These are stunning Scoops :beer: 

Quality of growing is fantastic mate and got this system running sweet as :smokin:

• Like 5

@botanics

Thankyou and aye get yer self a beer or three :) ,

I hope I can keep them happy through flower and everything running smooth we will see  :smokin:.

twoscoops :yinyang:

• Like 4

On 16/04/2018 at 6:08 PM, twoscoops said:

I am dreaming now of a 400 gallon pot in the middle of my back garden lol .

Shame about YouTube terminating the videos, I will have a look later if I can find any other videos on similar sites.

Mendo dope style. :)

Not sure if the Mendo boys have avoided the "YouTube " cannabis purge. This I'll check as I know that Cumstomgrow420 with over 1,000,000 subs has just lost his channel. 

We are still getting strikes with no channel lol

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Update in 'The Devil's Arse':

Last week I decided the plants were at a good size and nearly covering the entire floor space ( 4 metres squared ) so I decided to alter the lighting timer accordingly to begin bloom phase yipee :yahoo:.  

Most of the equipment is the same but I will list it all below what I use through the bloom phase:

Light schedule : 12 hours on & 12 hours off 

Grow room :       2x2x2 Budbox pro aka 'The Devil's Arse'

System :             Flood & Drain 11 litre punch pots x 9 

Medium :            Gold Label 60/40 mix and canna aqua pebbles for drainage (3 inch at the bottom of the pots)

Nutrients :          Growers Ark full coco range tailor made to my tap water.

Lights :               Sunmaster Delux 600watt super hps x 3 (1800 watts) 

Extraction :         Phresh Hyper Stealth Fan (1206m3 / hr) 200mm diameter with hyper climate controller.

Intake :               Passive at the moment.

Air circulation :   2 x 12 inch Ram floor fans 

Other :               Digital temperature / Humidity meter, Bluelan EC truncheon , Bluelab Ph tester.

Last Thursday night (19th) I swapped the metal halide bulbs for my Sunmaster bloom bulbs and added another light and reflector so I am now running 1800 watts total  in bloom. 

I also set the flood and drain timer to three feeds / floods equally spaced during the lights on period. I will detail more about the feeds / nutrients later on.

I have a homemade scrog / support net which I made from white waste pipe and push fit fittings, I took some photos of the net which I will upload soon. 

I have fastened it to the tent poles using tie wraps which makes it easy to slide up and down and locate it just above the plants. 

I was planning to use the net as a support for the heavy buds late in flower but I am still not sure yet :stoned:.

I have had really good results in the past without a net and just using yo-yo supports and string and giving the plants a really good tidy up in the first few weeks of bloom by removing all the lower growth totally so I might adopt this method again :yep:.

What do we think folks ?

I have a few optional extras which I can use like a 'dump fan' which I will rig up after the first few weeks in bloom, it gets all the air mixing nicely in the tent.

I will update later this week with plenty of photos and hopefully I will have decided to keep the net in or remove it lol .

That's about it, I hope I can grow some really nice flowers now I am in bloom :yahoo:.

twoscoops :) 

• Like 5

Well the flower stage has started so let's see how the "devil's arse" handles our critical+2.0 in the flower phase  :bong:

From the equipment listed you have the right equipment to get the job done and done well :)

Lets see how the net does in the coming days. Your still at the early stage of bloom so should be easily removed if not effective :)

Will look out for your picture update mate :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Update in 'The Devil's Arse':

Last Monday I took a few photos of the plants and this is after me flipping them into bloom phase last week (Thursday).

The photos I will attach below shows the plants at four days since start of 12 / 12 :) .

The plants are now under 1800 watts of super hps, these are the bulbs I am flowering with :

large.5ae1d1913dfa9_Sunmaster600wattSuperHPS.jpg

As mentioned earlier I put my homemade scrog net in the tent and here is a photo of it on the lawn :

large.5ae1d1903c7b0_Scrogsupportnet.jpg

Below is the nutrients / strength I mixed in my reservoir :

Growers Ark Grow : 2ml / L

Growers Ark Bloom : 1ml / L

Growers Ark Universal Traces : 2ml / L

Growers Ark Root Tonic : 3ml / L

This gave me a EC reading of 1.6 , PH reading 6.0 and nutrient temp showed 19.5 :) .

Now they are in bloom I decided to fill the reservoir with 170 litres of tap water and no doubt I will be topping up mid week with fresh water / nutrients as they are drinking plenty. 

I set the flood timer to three feeds equally spaced  (during the lights on period) , I will keep an eye on things and see how they react to the more regular feeds. 

Room temps showed 21-29c . The heat wave last week contributed to higher temps but the plants look alright and that's another reason I don't want to go really high on the EC with the feeds.

Humidity 35-60 

Some photos of the plants just before the lights come on:

large.5ae1d187219f7_DinafemCritical2_0eq.jpglarge.5ae1d1880d7a4_DinafemCritical2_0er.jpglarge.5ae1d189d7104_DinafemCritical2_0et.jpg

Here is some photos of the net in place :

large.5ae1d189038ce_DinafemCritical2_0es.jpglarge.5ae1d18ab5c9f_DinafemCritical2_0eu.jpglarge.5ae1d18b98266_DinafemCritical2_0ev.jpg

Next is some photos of lights on :

large.5ae1d18c8fac7_DinafemCritical2_0ew.jpglarge.5ae1d18dc2375_DinafemCritical2_0ex.jpg

I had a look at the main stems they are like English oaks lol :

large.5ae1d18e8f04a_DinafemCritical2_0ey.jpglarge.5ae1d18f5b241_DinafemCritical2_0ez.jpg

I need to decide if I will remove the net or not , but either way in the coming weeks I will be tidying up each plant with my snips to remove all the lower growth and hopefully promote better & bigger flowers at the top half of the plants.

I am really happy so far with how they look and the lovely colour on the leaves :yahoo:

Got to keep my eye on the reservoir levels - thirsty plants :yep:

twoscoops :oldtoker:

• Like 7

@jadenugs

Thanks mate , aye they do look really nice I hope I can keep them tip - top. 

Looking at my pics I think the plants really need some tidying up over the next few weeks , they have gone berserk lol , there's arms / branches and leaves all over the place lol . 

You wouldn't believe how far back in the room I am with camera trying to capture them all in one shot, bloomin English oaks lol .

twoscoops :) 

• Like 4

Yeah man I was thinking you're gonna have your hands full with a lot of work lol Hope the stretch is minimal for you.

You may just have to leave that net in place :yep:

• Like 4

Get ready. Strap yourself in and prepare for take off  :)

With the room now getting 1800w. The flower phase is now in full swing and that screen is going to get filled in rapid time :)

A beautiful looking tent getting ready to put on a serious flower show :)

I've got my popcorn ready  :yep:

Super update and I'll drop back in on the next  :)

Until then keep up the great work  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

Late To the Party:smokin:

your setup is awesome and cant wait to see your end results, i have grown critical + 2.0 (from seed) myself and the yield crazy and nice smoke indeed.

Staying Tuned!

• Like 3

Nice set up and plants dude, I love how green your leaves look.

I will be watching with interest for the rest of your flowering period.

• Like 3