The Devil's Arse Welcomes Dinafem Critical+2.0

twoscoops

Twoscoops indoor diary

Hola and welcome all to my first Dinafem indoor diary. A big thanks to all involved in putting this competition together and I wish everyone the best of luck :lucky:.

Backstory:

I took a 24 cell tray of Critical +2.0 clones 6 weeks previous using Canna coco pro medium, Growers Ark First Feed (2.5ml / L) and Root tonic (5ml / L) and then placed them in my Secret Jardin Dp90 propagation tent under a 96watt 4 x 2ft tube T5 Lightwave fluorescent light on a 18 / 6 light schedule.

Here is a photo of the medium / nutrients I used for propagation: 

large.5aa84a7da1130_DinafemCritical2_0by.jpg

Once the clones had roots I selected the best 9 and potted them up using Canna coco pro medium into 10cm square pots.

I sat them inside my Vitopod heated propagator set at 24c, still under my T5 light and feed daily with Growers Ark first feed (5ml / L) and Root Tonic (5ml / L).

Here is a photo:

large.5aa84a3b51a12_DinafemCritical2_0bv.jpglarge.5aa84a5502549_DinafemCritical2_0bw.jpglarge.5aa84a7088402_DinafemCritical2_0bx.jpg

So that's the backstory of taking my clones, selecting the best nine and potting up and cleaning / getting ready 'The Devil's Arse' grow tent ....

Scoops :oldtoker:

Edited by twoscoops
  • Like 8

Time to meet the Critical +2.0 team :

large.5aa84ab1c030c_DinafemCritical2_0cb.jpglarge.5aa84ac56cc75_DinafemCritical2_0cc.jpglarge.5aa84ad52e64f_DinafemCritical2_0cd.jpglarge.5aa84ae5826ae_DinafemCritical2_0ce.jpglarge.5aa84af6a1f89_DinafemCritical2_0cf.jpglarge.5aa84b09190f2_DinafemCritical2_0cg.jpglarge.5aa84b1787e25_DinafemCritical2_0ch.jpglarge.5aa84b277200d_DinafemCritical2_0ci.jpglarge.5aa84b37cbbad_DinafemCritical2_0cj.jpg

Group photos :

large.5aa84a8de984e_DinafemCritical2_0bz.jpglarge.5aa84a9c57f68_DinafemCritical2_0ca.jpg

Root photos :

large.5aa84b479016c_DinafemCritical2_0ck.jpglarge.5aa84b5ba18b6_DinafemCritical2_0cl.jpg

Most important part, help yourselves to tea / coffee / beers / biscuits and cake :) 

large.5aa84d45d4df5_Teancake.jpg

• Like 14

Firstly thank you for documenting your first Dinafem indoor adventure on the UK420 platform,  this is going to be fun :)

Secondly 9 very healthy looking cuttings, well rooted and ready to party and show the world what they can do :bong:

Finally needless to say I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  ;)

Best of luck with this critical+ grow. You are going to do great my friend!

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Hello, quick update I managed to repot the plants into the tent this afternoon and this is where it begins :yahoo::

I will try and document as much information & photos as I can.

Growing Phase:

Light schedule : 18 hours on & 6 off.

Grow room :      2m x 2m x2m Budbox Tent Aka 'The Devil's Arse'.

System :            Flood and Drain ( 11 Litre punch pots ).

Medium :           Gold Label 60 / 40 Mix and Canna Aqua clay pebbles for drainage (3 inch at bottom of the pot).

Nutrients :         Growers Ark coco A & B tailor made, Growers Ark Root Tonic, Growers Ark Universal Traces. Shropshire seaweed & TNC Mycorr Max.

Light (s) :          600 watt Metal Halide for the first two weeks of growing phase.

Extraction :        Phresh Hyper Stealth Fan (1206 m3/hr) 200mm diameter with Hyper climate controller.

Circulation :       12 Inch Ram floor fan.

Other :              Digital temperature and humidity meter.

Below is a photo of Growers Ark nutrients:

large.5a062c40ebd8e_NutrientsGrowersArk.jpg

Below is a photo of the mediums used for repotting:

large.5aaaee09857ce_Growingmedium.jpglarge.5aaaee2dd3401_TNCMycorrMax.jpg

I like to rinse the Canna Aqua pebbles off under the tap to get rid of the dust / debris :

large.5aaaee2032d59_Rinsingpebbles.jpglarge.5aaaee15abaae_Rinsingpebblesclearwater.jpg

After the pebbles are nice and clean its back into the tent to start re-potting the plants.

Scoops :stoned:

• Like 5

Back in the tent the 11 Litre plastic punch pots were filled with 3 inch of Canna Aqua pebbles at the bottom for better drainage.

Next I filled the 11litre pots up with Gold label 60/40 mix growing medium. when potting up I always like to sprinkle a little TNC Mycorr Max into the pre made hole before inserting the young plant, see photos below:

large.5aaaee2dd3401_TNCMycorrMax.jpglarge.5aaaedfc6963c_DinafemCritical2_0cu.jpg

Some lovely roots on these young plants :

large.5aaaeded53a39_DinafemCritical2_0cs.jpglarge.5aaaeddc0c467_DinafemCritical2_0cr.jpg

Here is a few photos of the plants all ready :

large.5aaaed75ed9dc_DinafemCritical2_0cm.jpglarge.5aaaed90e8113_DinafemCritical2_0cn.jpglarge.5aaaeda9d2287_DinafemCritical2_0co.jpglarge.5aaaedbe9f11d_DinafemCritical2_0cp.jpg

Thanks,

Scoops....

• Like 8

I purchased a new 600 watt metal halide bulb to get them going and its just in a standard euro reflector.

Now time for a feed:

I like to hand feed for the first week, so I gave them the following feed / strength :

Growers Ark coco Grow 3ml / L

Growers Ark Root Tonic 5ml / L

Growers Ark Trace Elements 2ml / L

After mixing this in my tub, the E.C was showing 1.2 -1.4 and PH reading was 6.0 :yahoo:.

I gave each plant 300 ml of this and here is a photo of the girls under the metal halide bulb:

large.5aaaedccd6c4c_DinafemCritical2_0cq.jpg

• Like 9

@*DJ*

Hello and thanks for popping in :) , grab yourself a brandy or three squire.

I plan to veg them a good three weeks at least maybe four if they need it with this cold weather we have been experiencing. 

At the moment the plants are under a 600watt metal halide bulb on 18 / 6 light schedule.

As they get bigger I will nudge the pots outwards so eventually the plants will fill the floor space and by that time I will be increasing the light to two x 600watt metal halides :yep:.

So when the areas covered and they look healthy and happy, I will then flip them to 12 / 12 bloom phase.

I might start pinching a few tops out soon if they pick up abit, I want them as big sideways as they are tall :guitar:

Once I get the area covered I might put my super duper homemade 'hot pink' scrog net over them, it's a sight to behold lol ..

I will update any growth / changes on here as much as I can, so I can get some good advice along the way too.

Thanks ...

scoops :) 

• Like 5

Nice, nice, it's all looking very spic and span in here, :yep:

all ya need to do is splash some fish mix about that super clean looking tent, add a few fruit flys and it will look just like mine :wassnnme:

top of of the range mate,

dj.....

• Like 5

Nice rig up mate, you rate the growers ark line up I take it? Was thinking about using my next grow. Those cutting looked like little shrubs! Good stuff

• Like 3

@*DJ*

Hehe lol ,

Aye the tent does look clean, and I don't want to be spilling no Growers ark root tonic in there, that stuffs like concentrated raw sewage :soap:lol .

I did notice some little fly thing buzzing around the other day so I hung some yellow sticky traps to see if they catch any 'space invaders'.

cheers ..

scoops :) 

Edited by twoscoops
  • Like 4