Remo Chemo in DWC

zen-ken

So the rebuild is in full swing.....it looks fantastic and there seems to be no leaks.....so far.

I have suspended all the air pumps from the ceiling with rubber washers......spray bar installed....chiller installed.  :yep: 

pump still has not turned up (next day delivery my arse) :wallbash:

I am also one elbow short :wallbash:gutted ....have ordered the elbow and some new airline to make the order up.

Wednesday should be go day.....i hope the girls are going to be ok till then....they did not like being left with no water for so long despite my hand watering efforts and now they are sat....half full....with just water and air feeling sorry for themselves.....got too late to top them up :ninja::ninja:

If i get them to flower it will be a miracle lol

:skin_up::skin_up::skin_up:

• Like 2

F@@k me......posty was early this morning.......and whats that she has in her grasp.....my pump

the build continues........

• Like 2

So....I have reset the system.....some kinks to iron out (the new pump is too powerful lol and can only be adjusted when not used with the hose tails....I have a plan to sort that tho and the missing elbow)....the plants (so far) have picked up straight away :yep: 

Ill give them a couple of days to recover/show any stress from my trying to kill them and start on training them.

On a side note @badbillybob.....those sprayer heads are savage....if they weren't so noisy I would ditch all airstones immediately and just use the spray bars.....the water penetration and disruption is fantastic.

I like you however I cant deal with the noise.... so one in the header is gonna have to be enough....(its more falling than spraying but before I put more holes in it I totally saw the effect you can create)

• Like 3

large.remo(veg).jpg

So..... my repeated attempts to kill off these remo has failed.....they are hardy girls these :yep:

• Like 4

These girls really need flipping.....just want everything to settle down from my f@@k ups and will switch...

Was thinking I may just cut the first inch or two of the top and then start netting.......should have made sure the system was ready back in march really :wallbash::wallbash:

Ignore the big leaf with wind burn.....she got a bit close to the fan 

:yep:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 1

The root ball is like a football already :thumsup: :thumsup:

Its very difficult to say how the plant magic DWC is doing vs other nutes I have used as there is no control to check it against (never done this strain before and the system has changed a little)....I am finding them very stable and easy to use tho.

One thing i will say is I believe the addition of silicon into this schedule (never used it before) is producing less brittle plants if that makes sense so would recommend silicon as PH adjustment all day long.

The cal mag plus is standard and I wouldn't want to be without it.....my tap water is 0 E.C

I like the root stim.....smells like skegness..still have to go a long way to beat the old 'silver bottle' house and garden roots exhilarator....that stuff was the nutts.

The PH is 6.0.....the E.C 0.6 

:skin_up::skin_up:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 4

looking really good Ken, loads of DO from the sprayers eh? that's the stuff, and the plants look to be really happy, which is always a good thing.

Glad the cal mag sorted out the discolouration from earlier. I'm also a fan of silicone and never grow without it, its benefits include greater tolerance of environmental stresses, improved growth rates, and promoting natural fungucide defences within the plant. the increase mechanical strength of the epidermal cell walls helps to strengthen stems  and improve the bud count in my opinion. 

Your feeds are spot on at 0.6, so many people over feed in hydro, but, as you know, less is more, and they look fine and healthy.

Do you top them at all? I would be tempted to top them, leave a few days/week, depending on how quick they recover, then flip em, your tent will be rammo, but it might be too much, you will know better than me.

These Remos chemos look hardy don't they, must have a fair old bit of indica in them just going by the leaf shape.

I love indicas, hardy stocky bud factories they are, not fussy bitches like some sativas can be.

Things are on the up mate.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3

Now that everything is back up and running I would veg for 7-10 more days then flip these girls to bloom :bong:

Considering the issues you've had you can not tell by the pictures. From my perspective things are looking fine :)

Nice healthy plants and by the sound of things a super healthy rootzone  :yep:

Steady growth and glad the issues are now resolved  :)

As always thank you for the diary update and added pictures very much appreciated!

Until next time :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Im loving the leaf structure .....lovely round fat arsed leafs bigger than my hand and i am very glad they are mostly indica as Im sick of running out of space doing the sativa doms.

(As much as I love that OG dom HGK cut).

They smell lovely already....peppery and earthy.... and now things are settling down they will be getting there first haircut Monday probably....

I may have to move the E.C up a notch as they are getting a little light....they can keep the humidity to 40% on there own now so will knock out the humidifier very soon .......nicer problems to have :yep:

much love guys and thank you for checking in and as always your advice is golden :thumsup:

My best to you and yours 

Ken

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 3

wow....they had eaten 0.2 E.C in 24hrs    :thumsup:

I have moved them back up again......0.8 E.C 5.9 PH

:hippy:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 2

large.remochemo.jpg

So i thought whilst I was reading the boards.....Id go and have a look at me chronic......F@ck.....I may have to flip these on monday...look how much the f@ckers have grown in 36hrs after an iccle trim.....the ugly leaves are just wind burn and not concerning me.  they are reaching high for the sky :rockon:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 4

Tops off...a good old hack at the bottom and 12/12 Monday with fresh water methinks....I'm probably panicking for no reason as these are obviously indica and not the stretchy DNA girls i have been doing

Just really aware that normally I would have liked to have flipped before they got this big.

Gonna cut a good two inches at the head and install me net...coming tuesday I think as well as a couple of small tweaks (gonna add a filter and a small restrictor to slow the flow) 

Will start supercropping as soon the runners come up....looking to create a "bowl" as this seems to work best with my Grostar parabolic.

My thoughts on remo so far.......very impressive :yep:

• Like 3

They have definitely kicked into overdrive mate  :)

Lovely, lush growth and certainly showing some vigour  :yep:

Let's see what these ladies can do in bloom. Time to flip that switch my friend  :headbang:

With Remo being indica dominant the stretch is manageable but still expect 1-1.5x stretch :)

Bring on the flower show  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3