Remo Chemo in DWC

zen-ken

So the water change is upon me and installing the new pump is a go (if it doesnt work im fucked - the joys of RDWC)

Not happy with my e.c for the first week and tbh it has been a bit high

I will be introducing the magna-cal at 0.25 ml/litre this week

root stim is stay at 3.5 ml/litre

Hydro silicon at 0.3ml/litre

DWC nute to take up to 0.8 e.c and Nitric acid to take the ph back to 6.0 (about 0.8ml/litre a + b - i think)

I will be expecting some massive growth spurts now as the plants overcome the lack humidity 

• Like 1

On 31/03/2018 at 0:02 PM, zen-ken said:

now in my new space i cant keep it up lol

Better in the grow room than the bedroom mate lol

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

E.c is good for this stage and I'm sure we will see much more vigorous growth in the next few week's  :)

Hope the pump change went well my friend. In rdwc this is essential lol

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Bless my local grow shop.....he gave me some cheap pk9-18 platinum cause of my cancer

feeling the love.....gonna change the water now.....the neighbours are out :ninja:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zen-ken said:

Bless my local grow shop.....he gave me some cheap pk9-18 platinum cause of my cancer

What a nice gesture  :)

It does my heart good to know their are still good people about :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Water change complete :ninja: :ninja: replaced the old shite pipe work with shiny new green alien pipe. :yep:

Pump is working.....but as with all Chinese knock offs... it leaks....there is always something

Nothing some PFTE tape round the thread won't solve....I hope :hippy:

One of the girls really drooped on the change and perked back up straight away when the water returned.....gonna have to keep my eye on her

One is a very different beast to the rest....different colour and everything....roots looking very good all round

Looking forward to the addition of the cal mag and it addressing the deficiencies creeping in.

I want these addressed before i consider flipping.

:skin_up::skin_up::skin_up:

• Like 2

The bonus of the leak is it creates a Venturi effect in the pipe....the header pot is foaming 

the downside is obvious :wallbash::wallbash:

I have to admit this has given me renewed interest in my venturi project as the effect is quite staggering

This coupled with the fact the pump is only on level 2 of 10 leaves a lot of room to increase the pressure.

The quest for dissolved oxygen continues 

:yep: :ninja: :yep:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

E.c is good for this stage and I'm sure we will see much more vigorous growth in the next few week's  :)

Hope the pump change went well my friend. In rdwc this is essential lol

All the best 

Mark..

As you recommend.... the E.C is around the mark for the age of the girls isn't it so I have continued at this strength for the next week and will raise on the next change.

Root stim at 3.5ml

Mag cal at 0.4ml

Silicon at 0.3ml

DWC a + b at 0.5ml

Nitric acid to ph adjust

E.C 0.8

PH 6.0

:yep:

• Like 2

disaster again :wallbash::wallbash:

couldn't control PH.......strange thinks I

pump has a stupid lock out feature and keeps turning off....great for pond....shite for me :wallbash:

gonna try adding a venturi to increase the back pressure but i cant help thinking man just wasted 80 quid on a pump.

• Like 1

and even with tape and new rubbers it still leaks....morale of the story....dont buy chinese knock offs lol

• Like 1

wow....bad to worse....ive now broken the chiller now....

so no pump...no chiller....the fun continues....i will not be beaten.

• Like 2

all replacement parts ordered and now I have to wait and pray.

will need to do another complete rebuild whilst trying not to kill my girls.......wish me luck....i will be back on when I am successful.

• Like 1

Yeah man...its being a bit of twat....leaks, failures and problems

then to cap it off....the misses said "try restricting the flow with a bypass" .....bollox says I ....that will never work.....it did....I hate her being right .....sends the wrong message lollollol

my problem was changing the return to a bigger pipe size years ago when i couldn't get spares to accommodate a bigger pump....been battling ever since with the dam thing trying to restrict flow so the pumps don't fail by drawing to much air.

(why didn't you use two small ones...one for chiller, one for recirculating? cause I'm an idiot and thought one pump to rule them all :oldtoker: lol)

The new Jabao is ok (leaks aside) very powerful and will be recycled into my next @badbillybob RDWC inspired design including the pond Venturi I got thats too big for this system :wallbash:.

Lucky for me years later.....Alien now does the spares/attachments for my system so I can downsize the return to 19mm and run it straight through the chiller. They are in transit.

(what I was trying to do in the first place).

I have found a website that does Hailea chiller union nuts and hosetails (20mm so the pipe may need some persuading with boiling water to fit) they on there way from Germany.

Unlucky.....I have already ordered another pump an Ehiem compactON 2100 but as this will fit in the header pot nicely I will use it.

I can also now move the header pot outside the tent so it will work out better all round when complete (and a lot tidier, less leecy,plants better spaced, more room, no leaks,simpler )

This has however presented me with an interesting opportunity for the return......

While throwing out my left over pipe junk in preparation for new.....I was inspired again ....just make a spray bar for the chiller return and you will get free DO in the header tank.

So thats what I have done.....By early next week I'm hoping the pump was an 80 quid mistake and I can get back on track.

The Magna cal is helping and I think with the bypass in place I can trick the pump into working long enough to get through the weekend.

praying to mary jane she is the mood for my constant fuck ups.....

lollollol

• Like 2