Lemon Zkittle & Bubba Island Kush in the Night Garden

botanics

Update

Okay so it's about time I updated this diary then and got a few snaps at different stages and we're past the stretch as all is calmed down a bit :sweaty:

Yeah, bit of gangly girl this one and did go for it a tad, so much so, I supercropped her after a couple of weeks and she loved it.  Responded by throwing much of the remaining stretch into the secondary shoots and so the supercrop had the desired effect of keeping the canopy low enough and producing more bud sites.  I've also trimmed the canopy through too. in order for a good light penetration as I switched the lamp over to sodium and upped the power to 400W for a good show.  She's a big old girl and I'm well pleased with how this plant has come around after getting such a battering early on with cold and lockouts....excellent stuff and says much about the genes :v: 

Feed wise, she was running a little too hot for my liking, no burn as such but I just think she was a bit dark and so I've been running her on 1.2 EC with no bother and happy with it.  She's also now on bloom formula for the main show and enough with the words for now, pics time :yep:

Here she is at ten days and still being trained LST to open her out

large.5ae11809b6941_LemonZkittle10DaysBloomandCreamCaramelDrybud002.jpg

Same time but from the top and the LST opened up her canopy, helped of course by being the only plant in the box and free reign

large.5ae1181df3180_LemonZkittle10DaysBloomandCreamCaramelDrybud001.jpg

Took this at after the super crop and coming around sweet

large.5ae1182c3434c_LemonZkittle18DaysBloom005.jpg

And the same again from the top

large.5ae11839d3c98_LemonZkittle18DaysBloom004.jpg

At 21 days she calmed down and done with the majority of the stretching and the next two are before the thinning work was completed

large.5ae1184762704_LemonZkittle21DaysBloom001.jpglarge.5ae118553b7d5_LemonZkittle21DaysBloom003.jpg

These next two are after the thinning and a few suckers, older leaves here and there and under canopy were cleaned up.

large.5ae11863575dc_LemonZkittle21DaysBloom004.jpglarge.5ae11870ebf8f_LemonZkittle21DaysBloom005.jpg

There's plenty of openness throughout this canopy after this thin out and I don't intend to trim anything else unless required, just a matter of making sure she's happy and looking after the bloom from here on in.

Until next time, thanks for watching :v:

• Like 9

looking sweet as, now there blooming mate it gets more interesting i think. 

your pheno looks like the one of mine that i took a clone off. my one's are at day 24 flower today. 

all the best with the bloom stage botanics. bring on the zkittles buds. :hippy:

• Like 1

Thanks lads :v:  @smokie1 b c f c @G_lab

Smokie, she's a goer int she eh, was a bit worried :fear: thought she'd end up in the lamp lol  But I think all will be ok...gonna go back to my 5L's though with this coco, they do much better in it, I'm finding, when things are on track

All the best with yours too mate, I'll pop in and see how you're doing with it because last time I looked, you were smashing it...yeah man, bring on these Zkittles, see if they knock us over instead eh!

• Like 1

yeah both our zkittles dom looking girls are looking very alike mate. im sure itl be fire smoke. 

mine are at day 24 flower, i put some pics up today, youl see what i meen about them yellowing. but there doing good now im adding grow, with the bloom. im giving them 1ml myco chum, and 3ml of p/m ot1 organic boom per liter. and they have took of with buds all of a sudden :smokin:

yours is looking lush n green bro. 

• Like 2

@botanics Done well to control the stretch, mine were a pain, even after tying outwards to Caine's and supercropping they were straight back up after a a few days, if I took out the bend I honestly think one of mine is pushing 6 feet in length. insane.

Great update though, looking very very nice, especially as you nearly lost em, will keep checking in .

• Like 1

@BullBill

Well, she did go a bit more mate and will see when I put the next update up...meaning to do it like but just lumped with work :headpain: 

Aye, so I had to knock the power down because she'd have burned being so close to 400W.  Shame like 'cos it'll hit the flower show for sure and already has but is what it is and rather that than burned buds...needs a solution though I reckon and another storey is required to the cabinet ;) 

Thanks bud for the compliments, got more beans here though and will run other one again as I promised a Bubba Island Kush diary too :yinyang: 

• Like 2

Very nice work mate. Been very interested in this strain during my break. Chuffed to come back and find your growing it out. Eagerly awaiting a smoke report. 

GV.

• Like 2

@GreenVision

Hi bud, good to see you about the place :cheers:   I'm busy, busy, busy at the moment :headpain: so updates in here are sporadic unfortunately...however got some pics and this Zkittle; I'm getting excited about bud :naughty:

Update

Right folks, not much words and a few pics I've taken recently.  Zkittle is good, she's drinking a fair old amount (between 2.5 and 3 litres a day) which is more than any other I've had in one of these 7.5 L tubs, plenty of flowers coming...and the glitter :D

She is also loving the food and I'm running her now on 1.45 EC and seems ok with it but unfortunately she is only getting 250W :( I had no choice as she is such a good plant that wanted to keep going and got too close to the lamp for 400W...I did try it for a few days but she was bleaching out and I would have burned the tops off...Anyhow some pics  :yep:

large.5af3f8cdb283f_LemonZkittle31DaysBloom002.jpg

large.5af3f8db60d6c_LemonZkittle31DaysBloom004.jpg

large.5af3f8e8a72fa_LemonZkittle31DaysBloom005.jpg

Lovely aromas developing and stinking of grapefruit on a stem rub, developing everyday with more complexity and started out with lemons originally...thanks for watching :v:

• Like 11

she looks superb mate. as you say lots of resin on her:smokin:

roll on the lemon zkittles buds and smoke reports i say, cant wait to sample some of mine, know say your the same now there looking like they are.

mine are drinking loads too.

untill the next update mate. 

peace.:smoke:

• Like 1

Yh looking nice mate. 250w should be fine imo. If over one plant even at 0.7 gpw that's still over 6 oz from a plant and that's a result by anyone's standards. And the plant looks like it wants to give, 7.5 pot ain't tiny, I recon your set for a good result. Don't think 400w would have done much more for u tbh. 

Either way they lookin tasty.

GV. 

• Like 2

On 31/01/2018 at 2:31 PM, botanics said:

the lemon put in at the same time hasn't showed yet and I reckon that's a no go too

I have to report the truth !!........... i put 4 lemon zkittle down, out of a 5 pack needing 3no to germ. Using my tried and tested 100% germ method !!........ clingfilm over the pot top, as posted on this blog previously. All 4 at day 7 have failed to germinate, at 20 to 22c. All the other beans, night queen 3no, power plant 3no, outlaw 3no all germed as usual by day 3-4 max........ no damp offs, i dont get that with my germ method....... the lemon zkittles have failed to show.  Got one left to put down, hardly seems worth it :(........ aint got time for post now the others are at 40mm above soil........... will have to put some manimal dow "DesFran" !!......... i day germ !!  AM

• Like 1

@dirtdog

Cheers mate, its the Maxicrop...I do like seaweed and VeloKelp ran out :v:

@GreenVision

I'm hoping it'll pull well mate, she certainly wants too and stinking up now too...lovely aromas, fair play,,,thanks mate for the encouragement, was a bit gutted about another grow going into the lamp :wallbash:  things are gonna be changing as they grow much bigger in the coco I'm noticing :v:

@AutoMaster

Sorry to read of your woes mate...dug them out yet to see if the shell is intact ?

• Like 2