Lemon Zkittle & Bubba Island Kush in the Night Garden

botanics

In the Night Garden...

Welcome to this, a first for the Night Garden and that being a Dutch Passion grow :thumsup:

Years ago and before I gave up growing for a good few years, Dutch Passion were my go to breeder.  I was so taken by their White Widow that I wouldn't deviate from it but for the odd occasion here and there.  At that time regulars were the go to seed as I didn't really subscribe to the feminised and then burgeoning auto market which was relatively early on in development.  Times change and of course and I've been growing again for a couple of years, indeed it is welcome return to be growing some Dutch Passion smoke.   The chosen strains are new and the first is Lemon Zkittle, with the second being the Bubba Island Kush. 

Without any further ado I'd firstly like to offer my gratitude to Dutch Passion and Tony for the opportunity to try out these strains, it's great to be growing some Dutch Passion ganja once more and long overdue so looking forward to it :notworthy: .  They were sent out and delivered in quick time, well packaged and also Dutch Passion threw in a few packs of skins (they're excellent wraps btw  :yep: ), plus some branded planted markers to identify the different plants, many thank guys :v:

Right then, I'll crack on and get this diary kicked off :yep:

large.5a60cd8dd7364_LemonZkittleandBubbaIslandKush-Sowing003.jpg

First thing I've noticed that's different from old is the packaging.  Swanky new tins to ensure the beans are well protected from damage during transit and not just a paper packet..cool little tins too  :yep:

Plant markers to be used for the run and also the skins which are great to use

large.5a60cda048829_LemonZkittleandBubbaIslandKush-Sowing004.jpg

The Lemon Zkittle seeds, all are uniform in size, very dark and well matured, all hardened off tidy too

large.5a60cdaceba8e_LemonZkittleandBubbaIslandKush-Sowing005.jpg

The Bubba Island Kush were not so uniform, a couple, as can be seen, are slightly larger and they are all paler with mottling more prominent, they were all hardened off with no give.

large.5a60cdbab282f_LemonZkittleandBubbaIslandKush-Sowing006.jpg

Some may know that recently I decided to run a perpetual type system because I keep running out of smoke :rolleyes:  This means I pop a couple of beans every few weeks and then do all my vegging under the reflector I put together, running 8 x B22 coupling fittings.  That reflector became the top of my vegging box which is strapped to my bloom box for the purposes of running the one extract fan for two and performs lovely, however it's not large and neither is my bloom cab. 

Well when I was giving this grow a think over, I decided to go back into my 5L pots for the finals, truth be told the 7.5's I'm finding a bit tall and with the stretch my lamp is too close to the buds for 400W and hence the switchback to the smaller pots as I found them great in there but it means running two more plants and so I've put two of each into starters of coco (I'm finding a starter of coco better for initial rooting and quicker to the next pot over compost).  From there, they'll go into my next pots which will be compost (reused as I'm waiting for the new stuff to come in), they are 6" and the finals will be the 5L tubs. 

All the vegging will be done under my LED/CFL combo (6500K LED & 4500K/2700K CFL) and they do ok in there, will get a full veg and when the time comes for it, will go into bloom, the room SHOULD be available lol

For now though, the pots are in the prop and sitting on top of my veg box with the constant warmth underneath providing a stable temperature for them to germinate.  In a few days with some luck I'll be reporting in on some sprouts, until then though, thanks for watchin' :v:

• Like 21

That's a speedy turn around mate! I only just saw the name zkittles (I'm clearly not in any kind of loop when it comes to news) and now you have them in coco!!

They sound tasty, so I'll grab a pew and wish you a speedy germ...

:v:

• Like 2

Good luck with the grow dude, loving the plant labels.

I also finish in 5 litre pots these days just for a tad quicker turn around.

atb

Edited by golf.007
  • Like 4

I was just mentioning in another thread how I'd love to see a diary on Zkittles and hey presto ! 

Brilliant stuff , I'm going to stay uptop for this and pull up a comfy spot my friend . 

:yinyang:

top strains mate. as you know i am growing the exact 2 strains out in a diary too. 

be good to compare how they are growing. and phenotypes. il pull up a chair for your grow mate

i got some of them dutch passion rolling papers too, i love them, there easy to roll with, and are nice and thin. :skin_up:

all the best with them. :yinyang:

• Like 2

@Slugums

Yeah they sound interesting mate...tbh though I'm not up to speed on all the gear about as I can't keep up with it all lol 

:cheers: Slugums, good to have you in here bud, some Remo in the jar if you fancy it :naughty:

@golf.007

Thanks bud, yeah they're cool little markers fair play...I find the 5's great too tbh but wanted to run a couple less plants, have enough room for 30 L of medium in there max so went up to 4 x 7.5's but they get too tall in them, better with 6 x 5's, although that does get tight  lol

@Breezus

Glad to be of service mucker and welcome to the grow...Remo is dry enough and oooh it's decent, good weed it is :v:

@smokie1 b c f c

Aye bud, I've already been into your diary and following, thanks mate, will be really interesting to see out results with these strains and compare how they do, reckon we're in for a treat with these 

Those skins are silky smooth eh...so easy to build a perfect spliff with, lovely papers :yep:

• Like 4

Botanics mate............ the  "ZKittle"........ from what i have heard, is very potent, the team say, one of the most potent they have seen, that is saying something, when you consider the potency of the DesFran "WhiteOut" !!......... Las vegas lemon Skunk !! like the sound of that Boto mate......... Bubba, this bubba, bubba is Kushed up !!........... subed in Boto,tanics mate, with 13k of posts, you can teach me something !!............

it is the 20th anniversary of the sativa from DP, the Power Plant, first released in 1987 !!.......... drop into the site, there a special blog about it........ and the anniversary............ good luck with the dames Botanics mate............ Automaster

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Breezus said:

I was just mentioning in another thread how I'd love to see a diary on Zkittles and hey presto ! 

Brilliant stuff , I'm going to stay uptop for this and pull up a comfy spot my friend . 

:yinyang:

That avatar is almost as twisted as mine !!.......... Zettle harmony !!............. and a few space cake, vape juice vapes... AM

17 minutes ago, AutoMaster said:

Botanics mate............ the  "ZKittle"........ from what i have heard, is very potent, the team say, one of the most potent they have seen, that is saying something, when you consider the potency of the DesFran "WhiteOut" !!......... Las vegas lemon Skunk !! like the sound of that Boto mate......... Bubba, this bubba, bubba is Kushed up !!........... subed in Boto,tanics mate, with 13k of posts, you can teach me something !!............

it is the 20th anniversary of the sativa from DP, the Power Plant, first released in 1987 !!.......... drop into the site, there a special blog about it........ and the anniversary............ good luck with the dames Botanics mate............ Automaster

Funny!! There i was hearing almost the same about the Bubba Island Kush!! Supposed to be uber potent...looking for ward to seeing them grow!!

On 19/01/2018 at 8:08 PM, doobie01 said:

wishing you all the best with your grow mate will be lurking in the corner quietly lol

Is a good idea !!......... however, the pots the beans where put in, where left open, with no clingfilm over to retain consistent moisture "At The Soil Surface" where the beans sit 10mm below. The 1st 10mm of soil @26c dry's out quite quick. The cling film cover, as outlined in the Dp germination blog; Ensures a stable humidity at the soil surface. 

They have been down for 5 days now in open pot. if kept damp every day after dehydration of upper soil layer, they should still come up !!. I found, after i started using the clingfilm over the pot top, my germination was 100% every time i put a DP bean down. The DesFran beans 2no i just germed, where over 2yrs old !!.............. but under the clingfilm, germ-ed in 3 days !!

How is the germ going botanics ??............... i bean i pot uncovered germ pot !! Tricky !!.......... how many up at day 6 botonics man ?? AM. The condensation, is from a 3c drop in temp post lights out 18/6, UV & IR are detected by the seed under the soil, and give direction to emerge. post germ hardening off after the film is removed, with seedling/hatchling at 30mm. AM

gallery_80973_7264_164369.jpg

• Like 4