Lemon Zkittle & Bubba Island Kush in the Night Garden

botanics

33 minutes ago, AutoMaster said:

How is the germ going botanics ??.

They were all pushing through yesterday mate and by this morning one of each had unfolded lovely.  The other two though didn't make it unfortunately...one of them started to push through but stopped and the other topped itself so end of that one too...I'll put some more beans in later and get a couple more on the go.  The ones that are up however are in with my SF Lemon Kush vegging, I'll get a photo up this evening of the new sprouts for folks :yep:

They have been down for 5 days now in open pot. if kept damp every day after dehydration of upper soil layer, they should still come up !!

I puts them in a propagator mate, cover on, vents closed and don't germ in low humidity environments, will do the same as your clingfilm :yep: 

Edited by botanics
  • Like 1

You don't need a prop for seed. Maybe why ya lose seeds all the time and constantly have bad starts.

There's just no need for props and all that malarkey.  Save That for cuttings not seed.

Edit.. Starting seeds with out a lid is hardly starting them in low humidity.. They are underground in a naturally high humidity environment. I dunno why you would think otherwise.. 

Edited by Daze
  • Like 1

lol I don't 'lose seeds' all the time as I know where the seeds are due to me placing into the medium,, they therefore cannot be 'lost' :yep:

(couldn't help myself, you walked straight into it Daze :doh:

And 'bad starts' is a subjective viewpoint...all in all, on balance and considering the variables that seed bring to the fore, i haven't done too bad at all.  Some don't make it, tis natural selection 

Edited by botanics
  • Like 3

Aye...still busy busy I see.

All the best with this lot mucker,hope ye find somethin real nice.

Al just sit quietly at the back here and watch things unfold.

All the best.

• Like 2

Update

Afternoon folks, one of the new beans planted the other day has just poked through the surface so thought it timely for a progress report on these in here. The other is yet to show at the moment.

Of the first batch begun a week ago, they've been up now for a good few days and the taproots has hit the bottom of the starter pots, so on track.  Not much top growth of course because it's early yet and they seem ok enough with a lighter feed of these Remo Nutrients so far, numbers below.

0.5 ml/L Grow

0.5 ml/L Micro

0.5 ml/L Magnifical

0.5 ml/L VeloKelp

Of the other two started the other day they will also be put on the same levels and I will keep them all on that for a while until I see some growth and go from there.

Temps are tidy and the box is running at 24 C, which I'm happy about and they are on 24/7 lighting for the time being and I'll knock that to 20/4 in a week or so.  Currently running 3 x LED's at 6500K, 2 x CFL's at 4500K and 1 x CFL at 2700K, with the total load at 96W and hydration wise, they are getting it when required.

There's not much else to update apart from a few photos so here's the Lemon Zkittle germed the other day

large.5a6c88e2bd972_LemonZkittlesandBubbaIslandKushPostGermination006.jpg

The Bubba Island Kush

large.5a6c88d3d7ff6_LemonZkittlesandBubbaIslandKushPostGermination005.jpg

And the one that's just sprouted today

large.5a6c88c107cc7_LemonZkittlesandBubbaIslandKushPostGermination003.jpg

So that's it for now, will be back in a week and thanks for watching :v:

• Like 7

Hey @botanics good to see new strains being tested. Its sure hard to keep up with seed companies makin new product. Im interested t see how the Bubba Island goes cos of the short flowering time advertised.  I generally follow recommended length of flower using clones if not seed plants, prefering the cooking shorter than longer meself

Have enjoyed reading your dinafem grows and others. Your set up looks nice and safe  Good luck with all dude  :skin_up:

@autodog

Thanks bud for the support :v:  Aye, truth be told though, I'm having a bit of a mare again getting enough germed...The one that showed the other day was flat yesterday, propped it up but I don't hold much hope for it :nea:  Was a BIK too, the lemon put in at the same time hasn't showed yet and I reckon that's a no go too so I might put some in, I dunno yet tbh because I don't want to cock upmy perpetual system I've got up and running.

Thing is see, full moon and all that supposed to be all things good for germing beans but I find that when I put them in around the full moon time, I always have troubles! :wallbash:  

lol Awkward fucker I am see, gotta be different like :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

Botanics bro............. day 14 since the beans where wetted in soil............... it looks like, i may have been right re the surface soil drying out, and bean dehydrating......(Once That Happens Usually a No Show)..... i see only one of each came up then boto mate......... you have 3 of each strain left, you got those under cling film ? at all, at the mo mate ???...............

Have you got cling filmed over, the remaining 6 mate ??, you will get 6 ! we all live and learn bro, but at 10 quid a bean, every one has to count, right ! (If Bought)

it took ten days for the two that made it to come up yea...... was it 24c at the floor level where the pots are mate ??....... i germ at 26c, under film, aint had a failed been in a "Blue Moon" !! since i learned from Henk.

As i say, we all live and learn........ only giving you the advise "Henk" gave me !!, when i lost a few beans in small un covered germ pots. I use 5ltr now........ more stable soil temp etc...:)

Trouble with small pot, they change "Temperature" rapidly. And stable germ temp, is as important as stable moisture at the soil surface yea... on 18/6 which gives, "A Diurnal Photo Rhythm" which programme's the bean. Ready for the 18/6 on hatch !! no plant gets "24/7" light in this world !!

Try to replicate sub equatorial diurnal rhythm's, in you grow space. Beans pre programmed to sync in to this rhythm on hatch yea, over 150,000,000 year of programming !! AM

Henk, didant mention anything about the pull of the moon on tides, affecting his beans as yet though !!, if anything a bright light a night will confuse them !! god luck with next germ Boto mate, hope advice brings up all 6 of the remainder...... AM

Edited by AutoMaster

9 hours ago, AutoMaster said:

only giving you the advise "Henk" gave me !!, when i lost a few beans in small un covered germ pots. I use 5ltr now........ more stable soil temp etc...:)

Trouble with small pot, they change "Temperature" rapidly. And stable germ temp, is as important as stable moisture at the soil surface yea... on 18/6 which gives, "A Diurnal Photo Rhythm" which programme's the bean. Ready for the 18/6 on hatch !! no plant gets "24/7" light in this world !

:g: This is interesting mate because I've been considering using a larger pot for germination lately  ;) I have enlarged it from what it used to be by using these pot noodle pots as they are deeper, but I'm hearing you with the stability within the medium and lessening temp fluctuations...this makes perfect sense as indeed they like it stable for the start.

My temps were good and 24 C so not worried about that...the prop lid was on and vents shut with moisture levels consistent inside, I know for sure it wasn't due to medium drying out...perhaps I pushed them a bit deep, although I don't know how long they've been wintered either and didn't get any time in the fridge before sowing which may or may not be a factor.

The one that came up the other day though has flopped and died...this is down to my error I think...got too warm after me putting extra lamps in and put it too close to them early on, stunted it and weakened it.  The original two are coming on now and will put update up on the weekend with those but might start another couple as well at the same time...will try your method and see the craic :yep:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, botanics said:

how long they've been wintered

Morning boto mate; thx for reply......... The term is "vernification" also known to horticulturists as;

Vernalization (from latin vernus, "of the spring") is the induction of a plant's flowering process by exposure to the prolonged cold of winter, or by an artificial equivalent.

After vernalization, plants have acquired the ability to flower, but they may require additional seasonal cues or weeks of growth before they will actually flower. Vernalization is sometimes used to refer to herbal (non-woody) plants requiring a cold dormancy to produce new shoots and leaves, but this usage is discouraged.

I have never employed verification of the canna seed. The reason is, it delays the rise of ethylene the flowering hormone, triggered by higher P & K in feeds, and the shorter photo period. In addition i never store my beans, in a fridge. The bean pack from Dutch passion, is a genius bit of kit. As it is hermetic, and at the right RH when sealed, and has a UV IR barrier.

A half used pack, seeds then at the vulnerability of a thermal & RH diurnal rhythm. I just lock them down, in a 100ml screw top "Kilner Jar" giving hermetic seal. I add to the jar, 1no "Boveda Pack" RH regulation pack, regulating the RH in the jar to "62%".

The two year old DesFran seeds, i just germ-ed under film, from such a storage method...... just germ-ed strong and fine. granted, it is one of the most mental, 'primordial", ancient, high vigor strains of pure Sativa, there is. Second to 'Punta Rojo" !! as with all high sativas, unlike indica, it likes to have it up in the 32c range, this is a boon for HPS summer growers, who otherwise would experience wilt in indicas etc... in addition, dont drink like fishes !!...... much more evolved to use water to its best effect.....

Boto, good luck with the remainder my man,.......... i just got the zkittle myself, as its 60% + sativa dom. However, DesFran took 15yrs to get to the current falia. And remains the Koenigsegg Agera RS, of the pure 100% sativa strains. greater than 20% "Delta 9" on the chromo !! not for the faint haerted, i digress from germination !! good luck with them, rizotonic vibes to your Zkittle !!  Automaster

• Like 3

Update

Afternoon all, update time :yep: 

Was intending to get this done the other day but six nations on the weekend and what not changed things.  Anyways, the two that I have left are doing tidy, they have roots at the drain holes but I'll give them a few more days just yet to ensure plenty for the pot up, probably leave it until the weekend tbh.  When that happens, I'll put them into my six inch pots and will continue with the coco with them because my Caramels are taking off with it in bloom.

Feed wise, things are low and I haven't increased dosages from the last update.  Hydration is when necessary and temps are good with lamps on at a sweet 24 C...my off temps did dip yesterday however and went down to 18 C as it's gotten a bit colder, plants are good though and seem happy enough. They're on 18/6 lighting and running at 72 W until I pot them on and then I'll also increase power at the same time, but I won't be pushing them too hard as they've got a at least another five weeks until I have the space to bloom them ;)

Couple of pics below and once they go into the new pots we'll some more growth to photograph and fill out the updates a little, but for now, until next time thanks for watching :v:

large.5a78497de2a24_LemonZkittleBubbuaIslandKushandSkunk1budsatchopday002.jpglarge.5a78499068998_LemonZkittleBubbuaIslandKushandSkunk1budsatchopday001.jpg

• Like 6

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 2:31 PM, botanics said:

@autodog

Thanks bud for the support :v:  Aye, truth be told though, I'm having a bit of a mare again getting enough germed...The one that showed the other day was flat yesterday, propped it up but I don't hold much hope for it :nea:  Was a BIK too, the lemon put in at the same time hasn't showed yet and I reckon that's a no go too so I might put some in, I dunno yet tbh because I don't want to cock upmy perpetual system I've got up and running.

Thing is see, full moon and all that supposed to be all things good for germing beans but I find that when I put them in around the full moon time, I always have troubles! :wallbash:  

lol Awkward fucker I am see, gotta be different like :rolleyes: 

Good to see the seedlings emerge into veg mate, lookin nice....with using lunar cycle to sow seeds, maybe the new moon might be worth a try instead of full moon. All kinds of weird stuff going at full moon, too much wailing and witching :police: Ha ha . Its all a laugh though. I just sow shallow in a 3 " pot of coco, pre wetted, un ph'd and clingfilm, 24/7 under a t5 flouro and at 22-25c at any phase of the moon. My veg cab temps are a bit low for this at present and I just have clones just warm enough to survive the winter. Anyway, i aint giving out advice, just stoned rambling, enjoyin an early spliff of stinky Blueberry while its nice and quiet. Have a nice day:oldtoker:

@botanics looking good mate,it seems zkittles are bloody everywhere at the mo and they look nice grown out for sure, but they're not on my radar for wallet issues lol

You mentioned about your low lights of temps,I know there's so many ways of adding a little warmth but it's either expensive or to big for your space which I know is relatively small.

Thing is I've been working on a small diy radiator as a knock on from building my kit.

It's simply a quality storage tub with a good seal about 12" by 6" at its smallest,but could be bigger or smaller dependant on the size of aquarium heater.

Mount the heater onto a piece wood, to keep it away from the plastic, and glue it to the base of the tub, fill it with water leaving an expansion space and lid goes back on but not sealed until youve tested the temps. It takes a day or two to suss the right temp but once your happy seal it up with duct tape and sealer around the power lead and your done.

They do give a nice stable heat that's gentle but definitely there at lights off but not so much it gets  to high during lights on.

You could even squeeze a few small ones in,maybe under each pot for instance if you use small heaters/tubs.

I considered making pipe versions but it got a bit to faffy,its doable though.

Just putting it out there mate, but I'm looking forward to your zkittles being done for sure, so will be calling In as you go.

Good luck mate.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 3