Black Jack, Mohan Ram and Blow Mind Autos in supersoil under LED

Fragg

@StonerCol appreciate the kind words mate and hope you enjoy the show!

ATB man :oldtoker:

@jadenugs thanks for popping in buddy, I imagine it isnt that different to your experience mate given we are of an age :) Very hashy is what I'm after, the wife's face always lights up before she declares "hmmmm just like hash of our youth" so thought I'd find more strains like that for her ;)

Been looking more into the Evo mate on your recommendation and apart from being pretty damn sure I'm gonna break the glass on top when wrecked it looks the best option for taste and usability when there are more than a couple of us toking. Did you shell out for a hydratube and if so what did you think of it?

ATB as ever mate :oldtoker:

• Like 4

Nice start to this diary.  I had a good experience from Black jack auto -  I was not expecting such good smoke from an auto when i did them. Not as sweet as i usually like the flavour to be, but more sour, spicy with some floral and incense undertones.  Very nice!  All the best!

• Like 5

I grew the Mohan. It didn't like the heat much and i had a slow growing plant. Didn't yield much either but the smoke was top notch when cured properly.

MistY

• Like 4

@AustrianTokker thanks mate, yes I was super impressed by the Jack 47 so thought I'd try the Black Jack and from what you are saying I've made the right choice :)

Thanks for popping in! :oldtoker:

@MistYGr33n dont have a problem with heat under LED in Jan/Feb thankfully so should do OK but thanks for the headsup! I've been wanting to try her based on other people's reports for quite some time now :)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fragg said:

@AustrianTokker thanks mate, yes I was super impressed by the Jack 47 so thought I'd try the Black Jack and from what you are saying I've made the right choice :)

Thanks for popping in! :oldtoker:

@MistYGr33n dont have a problem with heat under LED in Jan/Feb thankfully so should do OK but thanks for the headsup! I've been wanting to try her based on other people's reports for quite some time now :)

Thats what got me, the reports. Still have some seeds left. Got cooled lights now so should be fine next time. Good luck brother.

MistY

• Like 4

@Fragg I like your ital stylee and have always wondered if those worm farms are a good idea for our needs, I did think they would be.  Your Red Poison shot is mouth watering yum.

• Like 4

@DomTong thanks man, one for you then :oldtoker:

Worm farms are well worth it mate, setup costs are minimal and running them is a piece of cake and you get rid of unwanted kitchen waste plus the benefits just keep on coming :) Give us a shout if you have any questions on them and I'll be more than happy to help :)

• Like 5

Day 4 Update

Well a quick update today, as we left her last time she had just been covered with river sand for sciarid protection and also to stop water evaporation from my soil surface. The following day she was 2 cm tall and by today massive 3cm tall :guitar:

I put a tray next to her today filled with water which evaporates off and is then blown over the seedling with a PC fan I have hanging from the side of the T5 by wire. The idea is to increase humidity in what is a normally super arid loft. I think the loft boards just suck up any moisture around the parish so light misting and a tray for the first few days of life I find tends to help them get a grip on life.

It's always a nervous first few days with seeds but the best policy I find is to do as little as possible to them at this point plus if they are going to fail I'd rather they did it in the first few days rather than several weeks into the grow as its easier to fix supply issues early on by sowing another bean :) 

Without further ado lets have at look at her 4 days after the bean cracked...

large.589e0459392fa_SweetSeedsBlackJackA

and another but more overhead. Not sure why the tip of the leaf is pointing down but not bothered in the least I'm just happy growth is progressing daily and she looks healthy :yahoo:large.589e0457ee04c_SweetSeedsBlackJackA

She has had no water or feed so far as the pre watering takes care of that for several days. Seedlings drink next to no water and I will be losing more water to evaporation than anything else at this stage :) The daily growth is encouraging though and an early sign of vigour to come... I hope! The mistings will continue and I will keep a tray of water for a few more days.

That wraps up this early update, just showing she is off without a hitch :)

Thanks for reading folks :oldtoker:

Edited by madgiz
pics
  • Like 8

@Fragg yes mate I ordered the turbine glass and the flavour is good but I wouldn't use it to share a bowl with the missus as most of the flavour is taken on the first hit. Just finish it then load again before passing on lol

I got the basic mouthpiece as well, just in case I break the turbine but it's 5mm thick so it might take a few knocks over or drops on a carpet or wooden floor but I wouldn't want to drop it at £160 to replace.

The young seedling looks happy mate ;)

• Like 4

@jadenugs thanks for that mate did you need to order a standard mouthpiece as well as the Turbine or does it come by default? Think I fancy a mini turbine one and that way its a bit less top heavy for knocking over whilst overly baked :naughty: 3 weeks no fags tomorrow so I'm winning slowly, just need a vape now :)

• Like 3

@Fragg no you have to buy it seperate. About 15 quid. I never knew they did a mini turbine until recently and wished I'd got that instead for the exact same reason lol Well done with the cigs mate

• Like 4

13 hours ago, mygreenmojo said:

Nice close-up pic's them be,

peace

Thanks mate tbh I was surprised as it's just a small compact a customer left behind a few years ago but it seems to be adequate :)

• Like 3