Black Jack, Mohan Ram and Blow Mind Autos in supersoil under LED

Fragg

lol no chance mate bud I do like to keep a good diary of my grows ;) I like you i'm talking to the plants telling them we are in for the monthly prize and they have to be nice and grow fast :) we are all in with a chance mate, after last month i'm philosophical about it and will take whatever the result is on the chin lol it must be really hard to judge, glad its not me ;) look forward to seeing your updates, more cracking pictures I hope :)

• Like 4

@Fragg top notch growing mate. Lovely and healthy and by the sounds of it, very vigorous ;) Well done on your nomination pal.

Edited by jadenugs
typo
  • Like 3

@jadenugs hey buddy thanks for the support and nice to see you out of the Dinafem section too, those bloody Spanish breeders....oh wait :)

Yeah very happy to get nominated I honestly didnt expect it as she's just a wee lass atm :oldtoker:

• Like 5

On 21/02/2017 at 3:45 PM, ska said:

@Fragg Looking lovely and growing fast in here, congratulations on your nomination :)

:smokin: 

Cheers @ska I reckon its her being vigorous that got me the nomination, I have done that much to her so its all in the genetics tbh :yep:

On 21/02/2017 at 4:55 PM, mygreenmojo said:

Hey'sup buddy, Congratulations on your Feb Nomination :realcool:

Peace:hippy:

Thanks for the encouragement chief! :oldtoker: Not alot I can do about her to make her compete with the flowering beauties she is up against but I'm just flattered to be nominated and consider myself a winner already :yahoo:

• Like 6

Black Jack Auto Day 26 and LST Update

Hey uk420ers I hope everyone has battened down the hatches in readiness for the incoming storm, the Daily Fail is telling us about 12" of snow incoming so I have been cleaning up the BBQ in readiness :rolleyes:

First up I'd just like to say whilst I'm very flattered my little gal made it to the grower of the month competition I don't honestly think she can compare with what my competitors are up to :yep: There really isnt anything I can do to change that so will just continue this diary as per normal. So I'll load up a few bowls ready for my Vapexhale Evo of the last of my Sweet Trainwreck I've had curing for 80 days :smokin:and then sloooooowly, I mean methodically, sort my post out :)

She is just about to enter the stretch phase of the grow, a period of several days when growth rapidly accelerates just ahead of the bloom phase. I can tell this firstly by looking at her but also because I keep an eye on her growth via Excel and its charting feature and can tell that she has had several days putting on 2cm a day and is just about to go whoooosh :) Below is her growth chart to date and I will repost this graph once her upward growth has ceased.

large.58ae0107f0064_SweetSeedsBlackJackAutoday26growthchart.jpg

Tonight she had 2l of plain bubbled rain water only and then I decided tonight was her lucky night and it was bondage time! The benefits of LST are threefold: firstly to expose more bud sites to the light than if you let the plant develop naturally, secondly to stop the main stem being the apical bud so that the plants energy is distributed more evenly and finally it makes the plant 'fight back' and release hormones which increase the plants vigour so really its a win win win :)

I want to catch her now as its easy to manipulate a fast growing plant and she will enter flower once its done so I want the top bud sites as even as I can by that time and with as many as possible exposed. I aim to end up with a roughly rectangular plant once I'm done too, as the flowering tent I made is square and holds 2 plants all the time.

In some of the pics below you will notice her main stem is already a little lop sided. I like to spend a few mins bending a stem, just to be on the safe side, so I bend it and if stiff squeeze the stem at the point of the intended bend. In her case she was supple so I just bent her over in the direction I will pull her down in a few minutes as you will see :)

Lets get on with tonight's show starting with an overall sideways on shot. She is one phat bush and keeping the T5 close has kept her low, 26cm, in early veg which is my aim. Her leaves now extend well past the edge of the 20l airpots :guitar:

large.58ae100b2ec9b_SweetSeedsBlackJackAutoday26overall.jpg

Next up we have another overall impression but from overhead this time, the top is slightly bent now as you can see :yep:

large.58ae100c3b4d8_SweetSeedsBlackJackAutoday26overhead.jpg

and now a bit more pushed over....

large.58ae1009f262e_SweetSeedsBlackJackAutoday26overall2.jpg

This next image shows how lush her leaves are at this stage and its the 3rd set of 9 bladers coming I think now too :yahoo:

large.58ae101022d58_SweetSeedsBlackJackAutoday26sweettop.jpg

So lets have a proper butchers at the leaves in all their glory! :toot:

large.58ae100db76d7_SweetSeedsBlackJackAutoday26sweettopzoom2.jpg

and another as I dont have any bud to show off as yet lol

large.58ae100f01270_SweetSeedsBlackJackAutoday26sweettopzoom.jpg

Next I whispered gently to her "LST to set you free?" and with that pulled her down 90 degrees :hippy:

large.58ae10089036c_SweetSeedsBlackJackAutoday26afterLST.jpg

Here she is all pulled down and the end of my pipe cleaner attached to a string I run around my pot for that purpose and it also doubles as a place to hold stakes if required

large.58ae100774e26_SweetSeedsBlackJackAutoday26afterLSTcloser.jpg

I will add more ties and tuck leaves over the coming days and continue the process for probably about a week.

In summary I'm more than happy with the vigour of this sweet young lady and she seems perfect to me! Therefore she still gets my 10/10 mark just 2 days shy of her 4th week from germination :yahoo:

It will be time to introduce the Mohan Ram to the perpetual grow soon so I will be back with more on her :)

That's all for now folks but finally a big thanks to Sweet Seeds for the nomination I'm so stoked I feel I've already won!

Stay frosty and keep it green all :oldtoker:

• Like 17

Get in there Fragg! Lovely bit of bondage to start the morning off you kinky bugger! Good shots toonof how you bend her right over. Your results speak for themselves mate :) 

i like your growth graph, glad your doing a wee bit of work and got to show off your LST style :) i'm sure she will respond well to it, they look happy and healthy mate, all the best ;) 

• Like 6