315w CMH. They work fine and dandy.

lazi

Just now, ratdog said:

i bet that cost a pretty penny

and all the ugly ones I dug out the back of the sofa to pay for it lol Even with a very very generous discount I remember it was in excess of £700 to replace 8

• Like 4

Just now, GSZZ said:

and all the ugly ones I dug out the back of the sofa to pay for it lol Even with a very very generous discount I remember it was in excess of £700 to replace 8

i thought as much, i'm hoping my detour into led will save me some for a bit

• Like 2

@ratdog without a shadow of a doubt you'll feel those savings mate. Setting up a little something something at the end of the next month and it just doesn't make sense to put anything else but LED in it! 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, buddy13 said:

did you go for the same bulbs when you replaced them?

:cheers:

Yes I did although not at first, I tried those 930 maxibright lamps for a cycle and they performed quite well but when it came to turning them back on 50% of the lamps failed.

• Like 1

So your going down the LED route matey ?

be interesting to see but Im sticking with CMH at the moment.

atb GSZZ

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Joint hogger said:

So your going down the LED route matey ?

be interesting to see but Im sticking with CMH at the moment.

atb GSZZ

I think I've been running CMH exclusively for 5 years now! Now that I am getting back into a position to set something back up at home it makes sense to go for LED as I'll be buying everything new, when you take the PPF, longevity, warranty and not having to replace lamps/reflectors into consideration its a no brainer!

• Like 7

On 12/25/2020 at 11:27 PM, finku said:

I've read a fair few comments on the Maxibright CMH ballast buzzing, some on initial startup, other continually. Does anyone know if the Lumatek CMH ballast is the same or silent? I really need things to be silent where possible.

Hey @finku

I double checked the Lumatek 630wCMH ballast for noise - as far as I can tell it was silent on start up, warm up and running - I couldn't hear anything and there was no vibration or humming.

I've been very impressed with this light for the last 4 months of using it, its working great alongside some budget LEDs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, QuintinQuick said:

Hey @finku

I double checked the Lumatek 630wCMH ballast for noise - as far as I can tell it was silent on start up, warm up and running - I couldn't hear anything and there was no vibration or humming.

I've been very impressed with this light for the last 4 months of using it, its working great alongside some budget LEDs.

Thank you!

I have a Lumatek 315W and i find it slightly noisy, with a relatively high frequency hum. It makes less noise than my exhaust fan in its diy isobox, but it definitely make some noise.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, purepotstill said:

I have a Lumatek 315W and i find it slightly noisy, with a relatively high frequency hum. It makes less noise than my exhaust fan in its diy isobox, but it definitely make some noise.

Ballast noises do my head in. I've two adjustawatt that have their own fans. I'm going to box them up and include them in veg to flower room ducting. 

On 28/12/2020 at 10:31 PM, purepotstill said:

How hot does it get?