315w CMH. They work fine and dandy.

lazi

The focus is a better reflector than the daylight but imho, despite its good reflectoion rate, its built cheap & theres quite a few sharp edge's.

I got two to try them out as they were £80 cheaper than a pair of Dimlux alpha 98 reflectors that I have in another tent but I wish I'd got the Dimlux reflectors instead,

they've got a higher reflection rate & are a quality piece of kit imho. the Dimlux reflectors come with a E40 lamp holder so if you want to run PGZ18 CMH lamps, you'll need a screw in adaptor for the different lamp.

e2a

gallery_36349_2174_43493.jpg

gallery_36349_2174_33938.jpg

gallery_36349_2174_107233.jpg

large.59a44c218cb9f_Philips942Mastercolour.jpg

gallery_36349_3573_88644.jpg

Edited by Joint hogger
  • Like 6

Unsurprisingly the spread from the single horizon in a dr90 is really poor..

Nice one @Joint hogger They do look very nice but are more than I paid for the whole kit, LED is barely any more at that point. My local shops stock the other 2 and usually do discount and I'm hoping to sell them the horizon to mostly cover it..

Tempted to buy the alpha optics liner only, and bodge it to the horizon frame.. Or maybe I should just buy an adaptor and run it in a parabolic..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2020 at 7:17 PM, uBercaMeL said:

So, I said I was gonna skip this gen and wait until LED was a bit cheaper, but a mate upgraded first and so I've just got a maxibright kit w/ philips lamp for a nice price.. Thing is it comes with the horizon reflector which I'm thinking will be shit for the intended use (alongside a 600w hps in a dr120).. Guessing both the supernova/daylight reflector and the focus would be better.. Is it worth going for the focus (an extra £20 on the supernova), or would I be ok using the horizon and just running it nice and close?

Cheers.

I’ve got the horizon and focus.

horizon is best hung between lights, it kicks a lot of light sideways.

focus I find works best over a single plant in a smaller area

i personally use a daylight twin bulb shade, perfect in a 4x4 area

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've read a fair few comments on the Maxibright CMH ballast buzzing, some on initial startup, other continually. Does anyone know if the Lumatek CMH ballast is the same or silent? I really need things to be silent where possible.

17 minutes ago, finku said:

I've read a fair few comments on the Maxibright CMH ballast buzzing, some on initial startup, other continually. Does anyone know if the Lumatek CMH ballast is the same or silent? I really need things to be silent where possible.

I run a Lumatek 630CMH - I'm pretty sure it's almost silent - I'll double check it tomorrow and confirm.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, finku said:

Have 2 Maxibright ballasts an they do buzz and hum on start up there is a very very faint buzz when they're running. But unless you have you ear up against them you can't tell, anything other than that I'd say is not normal. They also run hotter than I'd like but after 3 years in operation they've never caused me any issues.

Edited by NezA
Spelling
  • Like 2

Personally I was always in the run them till death camp but I know that goes against popular belief.

A quality bulb like philly green master should last a minimum 3 years imho. 

But I know hardly anyone agrees with me on that :yinyang:

• Like 6

The box states 20000 hours for the Phillips ones but surely it's how many times it strikes which will determine the life? I know digital ballasts are a bit easier on the bulb and all that but I suppose we'll have to see.

Mine's running 24/7 at the mo  (which means it should last 2.3 years) If that's true then 100quid ain't so bad

• Like 3

12 hours ago, finku said:

Lumateks?

Maxibrights mate.

As far as life of bulbs I think my 930 elite agro is 4 years old and I've nearly finished a crop under it and the plants have still grown and yielded well. I did have a master colour 942 pop on me last year though. 

I must put my hand me pocket and grab a couple of new ones :crybaby:

• Like 3

I ran the same lamps philips 930 agro for exactly 3 years pretty much none stop 12/12 before I started to notice a consistent drop in yield, it was about 5 oz at first, then about 15 and then I was something like 30 oz down, swapping the lamps took me back to normal numbers.

• Like 5