315w CMH. They work fine and dandy.

lazi

12 hours ago, buddy13 said:

or any lights?

My best yields under hps were actually without the net, but when it comes to CMH a scrog wins hands down after several grows of each now. :yep:

• Like 2

Scrogging, by its very nature is always going to yield more than your traditional Christmas tree grows, no matter what light you use.

The lights are closer to the buds, and there are more budsites for the lights to act on, and more budsites the same distance from the light, so penetration isn't an issue, so its always gonna maximise your yield.

• Like 2

Collecting data though you guys might make use of these.

Its a maxibright focus kit with remote ballast and a brand new bulb. (350w at the wall)

14" is the best height for these in a 80x80/90x90

large.5e2086adedaa0_315wcmh80x8018.pnglarge.5e2086ad3e2cb_315wcmh80x8014.png

These graphs only apply to this specific reflector.

• Like 4

On 13/01/2020 at 8:05 PM, Amnesia said:

My best yields under hps were actually without the net, but when it comes to CMH a scrog wins hands down after several grows of each now. :yep:

If you had scrogged your best though, what would you have hit then.

Btw 20 oz is 1.4 gpw with a 400w light so id say this is your best gpw...:yep:

25 minutes ago, Ghillie_G said:

Evening, Would a 315w CMH be too hot in a 60x60x160 tent? Or would I be better running a 150w HPS?

:yinyang:

It would be toasty, but manageable with good air flow. I've use 2 and sometimes 3 in a 1.2x1.2x2

Temps with two I have the window shut, heating in the house on, never gets above 27c. 

@FatBoy77, thanks man, can I ask, would you recommend operating a ballast with that or could I get away without? I’m new to indoors so my technical knowledge is basic,

No worries man, we all start somewhere. Welcome to your favourite hobby.  Cmh bulbs need a ballast, slightly different from hps too.  Best bet for you is to buy a complete unit.  That would be the reflector shade, bulb and ballast.  I can recommend maxibright, never used the others but there are quite a few about now.  

Can I ask if you've thought about led? If I was buying lights now, especially for that size tent, that's what I'd be doing. 

If you do go cmh and only get one bulb, get the Philips agro. 

Edited by FatBoy77

Ok sound, so does the 150w hps need a ballast too?..LED I’ve seen these vipaspectra 300w, that looks a reasonable option/ good price?Heard someone else on here mentioning it too,

8 hours ago, Ghillie_G said:

Ok sound, so does the 150w hps need a ballast too?..LED I’ve seen these vipaspectra 300w, that looks a reasonable option/ good price?Heard someone else on here mentioning it too,

Never used a 150w hps so not sure, but probably. For your space I'd be going for 220w led, the site sponsor has some nice looking kit from Oz. I love cmh, mainly for the high CRI, but these led's match that. Not sure about the uv claim as I didn't think that was possible, but very cool if it is now. 

Just like to say on the maxibright daylight bulb significantly reduced my stretch by half in the first 2 weeks of flower. Worth investing if you have a strain that takes off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirtybertie said:

Just like to say on the maxibright daylight bulb significantly reduced my stretch by half in the first 2 weeks of flower. Worth investing if you have a strain that takes off.

Cmh start to cost more than led when you factor in two different bulbs. 

2 hours ago, FatBoy77 said:

I was comparing it to my Solis Tek veg bulb. Just find it makes it bush out more especially in scrog.

9 hours ago, Dirtybertie said:

8 hours ago, FatBoy77 said:

Swerve the veg lamps. This whole "blue for veg red for flower" thing is pretty redundant when it comes to full spectrum lighting sources - the reality is we should all be opting for the "redder" full spectrum lamps, as they're  tweaked for plant growth where as the "blue" lamps are literally just shop lighting or something, even these maxi-rebranded-sunmaster CMH lamps. The "great" thing about the latter lamps is that they've literally just taken out the peaks in the specturm and pushed them into the red and/or blue peaks, throwing the whole thing out of ratio. Its akin to using a MH and HPS set up, and is just designed for you to spend more money, so yeah they offer a higher yield per watt than the philips lamps, but the reality is it grows subpar cannabis much like sodium lighting and LED lighting does. It really isn't all about the yield. (oh and whilst I remember, as for the stretch thing use the proper lamps and don't veg as long)

The other thing to note is that the only thing the 942 philips lamps (and the maxi-rebranded-sunmaster lamps to a degree) has over the 930 agro is a higher peak of blue and a higher peak of UVB, those spikes don't really give us ANY benefit in the veg cycle and the peaked UVB in the flowering cycle isn't that defining to warrant the yield loss over the 930 lamps.

So whilst the 930 lamps don't output as much UVB, they offer more PPF per watt over the 942 whilst still supplying all the same parts of the spectrum, those huge blue spikes aren't as useful to the indoor grower as those big red spikes are.

and whilst I appreciate the thread has gotten long, these are all things that have already been discussed in the thread. Its sad to see that this thread has turned into asking the same questions over and over.

• Like 5