315w CMH. They work fine and dandy.

lazi

Just now, Punk#1 said:

@catweazle1Nah mate not interested in dimming, its perfect as-is. Cheers for that, Saved me 20 quid i'll buy you a pint :thumsup:

Yep. I'll hold you to it. :) Post is free.

• Like 1

Jeezy Peeps...what a thread, just read from start to finish, bit of a turn near the end though. 

There's me thinking I'll be having a couple of those 315's but it looks like I'm heading over to some led threads :headpain:

I've not grown for a good few years, I have a nice wee 600 hps set up stashed away at a friend's but I think I'll be looking at  buying a full new set up as i'm not wanting them to know I've fired back up.

I'm a bit sick at having to replace my Air force fans and controller:wallbash: but if I want to be super stealthy it's gonna have to be

I’m trying to get my head around this, think I may be missing the obvious;

will hopefully be able to get a grow on soon (later than sooner). Last couple of grows I used 4 lec cmh in a 1.4x1.4 tent. Had a lot of temp issues. I’m now thinking for the next grow of either getting two tents or one 1.2x2.4 and use the 4 lights in there and scrog.  Realise it won’t cover the whole 2.4m. I'm wondering how this will effect the yield. I’m guessing there will be more but smaller buds. Will the density be affected? 

4 x 315w cmh will do 2.8m fine? You were running ~630w per square meter (a bit more than necessary) and with that you will have 437w per meter (should be near perfect with multiple lights). You should get a better return and only slightly less density.

• Like 1

Got my maxibright focus reflector today, it's fuckin great!

For the size of my tent, 80x80x200, the light spread and evenness of the light all around my tent is fantastic! So much better than that adjustawank I had.

Such a simple design too.. Honestly I'm well happy for it for 60 quid

• Like 1

Well my lunate ballast didn’t fire up today, using a digital timer, but pressed on via manual override on the timer itself and fired up so not sure if I’ve got a timer issue or an intermittent ballast issue.

im not using a contractor, the timer is rated for like 13A 1300w or so. But it came on when I pressed the override button anyway.. strange

• 3 weeks later...

Sure this has already been covered but to save trawling, anyone run cmh bare bulb? Thinking of dangling one through some LED bars. Figured if I have to add Watts for heating those Watts may as well produce light too. 

Might the heat from the cmh cause probs for the leds if placed too close? 

Cmh heat is in the 100s C - like around 250C?

4 minutes ago, KayDog said:

Might the heat from the cmh cause probs for the leds if placed too close? 

Not a clue dude, tis why I'm asking.  But you make it sound like a bad plan... 

I use CMH and LEDs strips either side of a 90W X 80D X 180H and had no problems but massive improvement in the lower buds in a 2 plant scrog. I would say go for it as long you can keep the temps good.

• 4 months later...

So, I said I was gonna skip this gen and wait until LED was a bit cheaper, but a mate upgraded first and so I've just got a maxibright kit w/ philips lamp for a nice price.. Thing is it comes with the horizon reflector which I'm thinking will be shit for the intended use (alongside a 600w hps in a dr120).. Guessing both the supernova/daylight reflector and the focus would be better.. Is it worth going for the focus (an extra £20 on the supernova), or would I be ok using the horizon and just running it nice and close?

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, uBercaMeL said:

alongside a 600w hps

I think that is what the horizon reflector is made for, well running in the middle with a 600w either side. I've got the focus but it runs on it's own in the veg tent. It's strange as even really far away i'm getting nice internodal distance. It's only far away as I have plants in finals and then seedlings in there too so there is a massive height difference even with them sitting on pots. I'm very impressed with it, no doubt i'll get some for the flower room sometime too :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, much appreciated @KC I figure the focus might be worth it but maybe I'll try 1 run with the horizon and see how well it fairs. Gonna try it solo in the veg tent now and see how bad the spread is :D

30 minutes ago, uBercaMeL said:

So, I said I was gonna skip this gen and wait until LED was a bit cheaper, but a mate upgraded first and so I've just got a maxibright kit w/ philips lamp for a nice price.. Thing is it comes with the horizon reflector which I'm thinking will be shit for the intended use (alongside a 600w hps in a dr120).. Guessing both the supernova/daylight reflector and the focus would be better.. Is it worth going for the focus (an extra £20 on the supernova), or would I be ok using the horizon and just running it nice and close?

Cheers.

If i was growing in a tent id go for a daylight but if i was growing in a attic id be going for the horizon as they are alot smaller, i got plenty of horizons and have always had good results with them  

• Like 1