Growers Ark Coco Schedule

ELO

The bottles of Traces are cheap enough which is cool coz if it was an American company selling them, you can bet they'd be x4 as expensive! I've never used them as I've only heard about them recently, but what I can't get my head around is the advice on their use. If you use 2mls of Grow, you're then supposed to add 3mls of Traces, so that it always adds up to 5ml. Likewise, if you use 4mls of Bloom feed, then you add 1ml of Traces, making it up to the 5ml mark. Does that mean your plants need the same amount of trace elements, no matter how old they are or what stage of growth they're in! And as one of the golden rules of growing is 'KISS', can't they be added to the A&B? I've tried to get my head around the ratios being used when you use different strength feeds, but then I start getting a headache!

On a different subject, can anyone give me some info on their Bio Boost? Like, is it cool for coco? What ratios/make up? Is it similar/GAs version of PM Platinum? The website was a bit vauge on the matter.

• Like 2

Nice one, VRG. By the time I typed the above post and managed to send it(using my phone) you already posted way before, answering most of the Traces queries! Clears it up a bit now. Cheers.

So Traces would be useful for people in hard water areas. I'm 4wks into flower now, and giving them 2mls/L of Bloom feed which gives me an ec of 1.4. And 1 of them looks a little too green! My water starts at 0.7

@@reds

Might be because it's buffered with nitric acid. I've noticed it before on nute sensitive strains that even running quite low (1.4-1.6 background .6) it can cause a bit too dark leaves or a bit of curling under!

• Like 1

@@Golden Syrup

That sounds about right, coz after 24hrs, my pH is out of range. When I've used Nitric acid before, whilst in veg, it gets the pH down but can't hold it there for too long. I use Phos acid now and it can maintain it a lot better.

Traces were also made because folk had different backgrounds and make up of their water so some folk were fine on low ec's where as others were suffering

The Bio boost is fine for coco and is made to use all the way through flower where as the Boost it is made to be used at week 4 for 3 weeks on a 9 week strain

Owd

• Like 1

Traces were also made because folk had different backgrounds and make up of their water so some folk were fine on low ec's where as others were suffering

The Bio boost is fine for coco and is made to use all the way through flower where as the Boost it is made to be used at week 4 for 3 weeks on a 9 week strain

Owd

Got me some bio boost an am 10 days into flowering, currently on 1ml bloom with 2ml grow per litre (E2a: this gives EC1.2 with 2ml each of root stim an traces in there too so am cagey about adding more nutes atm), is now a good time to start with the Bio boost? (how much and when to increase?)

Am in coco hempies atm, strain is blue cheese, blueberry cheese cake and a local 'Jacks' cut that tastes suspiciously like 'Blues' only more floral than tangy like some blues strains are. Currently following the schedule at the start of this thread and also using traces too.

So far so good but really wondering when to start the bio boost as one of these plants is a light feeder.

Edited by Indicaderek

Like I said mate its made to use the day you go 12/12. I think they recommend 3ml/ltr on top of your bloom food but what I'd do is add 1.5ml/ltr on top of your food and see how the plants react. If they look fine then go to the advised 3ml. If they don't like it then you just back off on the base food. Thats what I would do. If after adding 3ml/ltr they still look hungry then you up the base food. Its all about pushing your plants and reading them

Owd

• Like 1

Thanks @@Owderb am just off to mix some nutes, states 2ml litre on the bottle so will half that to start and see how they go until end week 2-3 before I up it a little more. Plants need a little flush too as run off EC is on the way up so looks like they are in for a good drench.

Will post up the EC once done for others as an FYI.

Hello ,

Just finished my first run with the coco range hard water version, and have been impressed with how good my plants looked right the way through. Got some good advice from them too about ph levels in coco. Cannot fault it. I shall be ordering some more very soon.

Well pleased.

twoscoops

GA Bio Boost, 1ml per litre gives me between 40ppm to 50ppm or so equivalent to 0.08 EC to 0.1 EC.

If using Bio Boost I would give the bottle a real good shake before use as I can see some kind of undissolved solids in mine when measuring it out with my pipette. Surprised this stuff is such a low EC really.

• Like 1

I'm 2 ish weeks away from the end and plants look excellent, 10 times better than they did with Hesi nutes, just going to start lowering the bloom nutes this week then next week use the flush it then I'll probably got another 3-4 days with just water maybe push them to 9 weeks so they'll have a week on just water as well as the previous week of flush it, never took this particular killers by 8 weeks 3 days so wouldn't mind seeing how she is with a little longer.

Will definitely be using GA again that's for sure :yep:

GA Bio Boost, 1ml per litre gives me between 40ppm to 50ppm or so equivalent to 0.08 EC to 0.1 EC.

If using Bio Boost I would give the bottle a real good shake before use as I can see some kind of undissolved solids in mine when measuring it out with my pipette. Surprised this stuff is such a low EC really.

It's good stuff :v: I usually top out at 1.6 ec with this and the base feed, so about 1.4/5 base feed with bioboost on top brings it out at 1.6. I've never used it directly from the start of flowering though, I usually add it for a few weeks in the middle of flower, weeks 4 - 6/7 or something maybe works awesome - let us know how you get on I might try it from the start of flower!

Will do @@Golden Syrup, only added it yesterday at day 11 of flower, maybe just in time too as flowers are popping out allover atm. As its so low an EC I will likely give em the whole 2ml a litre next week.

Diary linky in my sig if you care to nosy, will update pics tomorrow or Monday, any tips on my first scrog would be handy too as these cheese are a bit stretchy and am unsure when to switch the lamps from Mh to a Hps :)

• Like 1

Giving this a go on this coming run. Only thing I've got to say so far is the root tonic smells of ass real bad so don't be spilling that shit lol

• Like 1