Growers Ark Coco Schedule

ELO

Glad to know I am doing it right too , just started using these coco nutrients ,

I am 4 weeks into veg and they look great - nice and healthy , been using traces to make up to 5ml / l .

( 3ml / l a& b + 2ml / l traces ) 5ml.

I have the hard water version which is great at lowering my ph and holding it there .

So far so good .

twoscoops .

• Like 5

Ah right got it, makes sense :yep:

@@Owderb do you use these all the way through flowering?

As I noticed @@VRG stopped using them at week 4 even though he was only using 2.7ml/l of Bloom feed.

Edited by ELO
  • Like 2

Ah right got it, makes sense :yep:

@@Owderb do you use these all the way through flowering?

As I noticed @@VRG stopped using them at week 4 even though he was only using 2.7ml/l of Bloom feed.

You stop using it when you start using the pk.

At this point the plant wont be taking it up anymore, if fed correctly the plant will be wanting more p&k

• Like 1

Ah got you :yep:

I think its mainly because at week 3 the plant should be well out of the veg state.

Same reason you stop the rootstim at the same time.

I personally havent used the extra traces.

I just use first feed untill they start looking hungry which is about week 2 of veg then use the grow for the last 2 weeks and first 2weeks of flower.

Ive never tried the grow:bloom combo in flower, I usually just swap from one to the other at the same ec.

Will be giving it a bash though

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just gone on to 12 hours flower with the lights , but I am following the feed schedule mentioned earlier and still using :

Grow A & B 3ml / l

Root tonic 3ml / l

Traces 2ml / l

Plants look really healthy so far and coming on nicely

twoscoops

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What difference will using the UT make? I've never used it with GA coco nutes and have always had amazing grows. In fact,the first time I ever used GA nutes, it was with PM Root Stim,Granules and PM Platinum and I pulled 24oz oftop grade from a 600w light. So, myQ is are they really necessary? And if you do need it, then surely the A&B aren't a complete nutrient. I'm not being funny or anything, Im just curious,coz when I first started using these nutes afew years ago, there was no mention of using Traces. And I've never had healthier or happier plants. I've just thought, is it for in soft water areas coz of cal/mag issues? My water is very hard. It comes out the tap in lumps!

• Like 1

@@reds Universal Traces are for if you want to feed at less than full strength Grow or Bloom to ensure the plant receives the correct amount of trace elements etc. So if feeding 5ml/L of Grow or Bloom no need to add Traces, if say feeding 3ml/L Grow, you would add 2ml/L Traces to make up the 5ml/L concentration of traces....if that makes sense.

:v:

• Like 4

Thanks for the reply,Dev. And that does make sense. What doesn't make sense to me is that, by that reckoning a seedling or newly rooted clone uses the exact same amount of trace elements/micro nutrients that a plant in full flower uses! Just sounds odd to me. Also that the GA coco range is more of a 3 part nutrient, rather than just an A&B 2 part feed. Is this how this range works, as after a few years of using it, this has just come to my attention. Tbf, I haven't been on the boards for a while, but even when I first researched this range, I never came across an official feed guide. It was bad getting my hands on the stuff. But as I said before, I've never had plants just look so happy thru the whole of veg and flower. And it brings my pH into range once I'm using over 2.5mls/L without having to use pH down which I haven't found with other mute ranges. Is adding the UT a new thing? Have they changed the composition of the coco feeds so that you have to use UT?

• Like 2

Sorry, Cal/Mag are secondary nutes and not trace elements, so forget my query about whether UT was for soft water areas. My bad. Night, night.

Think traces have been around for a while mate and I guess the feed would be classed as a 2 part feed because the traces are optional incase you want to feed their base nutrient at a lower concentration.

Regarding your first point Growers Ark have First Feed A + B to use to feed young plants. This feed has a slightly different makeup so the young plant gets the correct amount of all nutrients and traces.

Know what you mean regarding feeding schedule but when I ordered from them (direct from their factory in Sheffield, just go on their website) they sent me a little booklet of various instructions for all their products (and some free stuff!). Actually thinking about it I'm sure all that info is also on their website.

Edited by Devcal
  • Like 1

Hello ,

I am using the GA coco hard water version nutrient range , I am 15 days into bloom and so far my plants look really healthy.

Really pleased with these nutrients as they are controlling my ph better in my reservoir.

So far so good ....

twoscoops