Growers Ark Coco Schedule

ELO

Funny, my grow history sounds very similar to yours. Started in soil with chemical/semi organic feeds, then tried coco and loved it. But then I wanted to try organics. Ended up staying with it for years, until, like you I fancied trying something different. So went back to coco, and haven't looked back since. And to be honest, I haven't found the difference in taste and smell from organics to be that great. I also like doing multi strain grows, which is a lot easier using coco. In soil,as u kno, you have to wait for the plant pot to dry out between feeds. So with 5 different strains, you basically have 5 different feeding schedules! 'Ain't nobody got time for dat!' And with coco, I can feed them all at the same time. If 1 looks a little hungry, I give it a little boost of fishmix, which i find always helps feed a hungry plant,and its available immediately. They love it as a foliar feed. Imo, foliar feeding is one of the best things you can do for your plants. I foliar feed them once a week whilst in veg, and sometimes up until a week/ten days into flower,at the latest. Be interesting to use GAs' Traces in with my foliar feeds, to see how they do.

My apologies, sometimes I just carried away. I don't post for ages, then I bore people stupid with acouple of humourless essays! Oh well, done now!

Cheers peeps, reds.

• Like 7

Does anybody formula from the back of the nute bottle if it's on there? NPK etc... Post pics of the numbers for me please, these nutes sound ok. The only weird part is the trace mix as a couple people have mentioned.

Interested to see what their formulation is like though compared to the like of plant magic/ canna/ advanced etc.

Edited by Peter Petrelli

The only weird part is the trace mix as a couple people have mentioned.

Interested to see what their formulation is like though compared to the like of plant magic/ canna/ advanced etc.

Why is it weird? In what respect? :unsure:

Growers ark used to make the coco nutrient for plant magic.. :yep:

@@reds when you say fishmix what is it you refer to ? cheers

Grouty

he means biobizz fish mix bud, great for veging plants, you wouldn't want to spill a bottle though it is what it says it is, I find their alg-a-mic very good also, tbh all biobizz products are great, PM just have them piped with soil supreme, granules and bio silicon

I never foliar feed bud, maybe ill give it a try with some universal traces once I'm ready, pretty sure you can use root tonic as a foliar feed too, it smell nearly as bad as fishmix lol

Does anybody formula from the back of the nute bottle if it's on there? NPK etc... Post pics of the numbers for me please, these nutes sound ok. The only weird part is the trace mix as a couple people have mentioned.

tbh I had a quick look the other day, and it didn't say where I could see on the bottles, now its either me being a blind fucker, they don't disclose or they have a secret flap like biobizz do lol @@Owderb, can you shed any light :)

ATB GREEN

If you're going to use a Wilma, IMO, I'd use the 60/40 mix of clay balls and coco. 100% Coco isn't the best medium to use for a recirculating set up. It holds on to/releases certain nutes which then would get recycled back through the coco, messing up your ec/pH. Better still, I'd use just clay. But personally, I prefer to to use coco and run to waste. A lot less hassle.

Anyway i can set up mu Wilma to run to waste then buddy?

yes bud, on the top tray there is a drain hole which just allows the nute solution to drop back down to the res, if i remember correctly the hole is arond 1 inch diameter, you could use some silicone sealent to seal a funnel to the underside of the tray under the hole, push a hose onto the funnel and direct into a seperate bucket to empty, and would cost a quid for a funnel and you prob have a meter or 2 of hose and a bucket lying around the house, there are obviously more 'asthetically pleasing' ways but this would be the cheapest and simplist :)

​ATB GREEN

or buy a water butt, pump nutes from that and let it drain to the bottom tank and empty

Edited by greenfingers1987
  • Like 1

now its either me being a blind fucker, they don't disclose or they have a secret flap like biobizz do lol @@Owderb, can you shed any light :)

ATB GREEN

Try the first one :)

Owd

@@Peter Petrelli

Can't find my grow bottle but the bloom nute formula is :N4.1%, P2.5%, K3.8%. Thats the hard water version. Id imagine the soft water version varies slightly. Can't go far wrong with these nutes. I've found them a pleasure to work with.

• Like 1

ok so this is the soft water formula for grow- N-3.9% P-1.9% K3.4% Bloom- N3.9% P-2.5% K-3.8%, so looks like the only difference between the 2 NPK for bloom is more N, but there are no NPK ratios on the first feed which i thought was odd as surely its just a weaker base nutrient like formulex and the same on the universal traces but this is just trace elements and not a base and obvs the boost it os 0-13-14 :)

ATB GREEN

• Like 1

Hi @@VRG

I don't know of any other nute company that does a 2 part with a separate trace mix It sounds similar to GH's Grow Micro Bloom, but clearly it's not. From what I understand the trace mix isn't necessary unless you want to reduce the feed of the a&b.

I'm wondering what they couldn't have added to the a&b and why.

Funny you say that, coz when I first heard about these GA Traces, that's what I thought! When I first used GA coco nutes years ago, I can't remember seeing them on the web site and the grow shop I bought them from certainly didn't stock them. In fact the shop only sold the base nutrients. None of the benes/additives from the range. It was way up north from me, and was the only place I could find that sold GA nutes. Don't know why I didn't buy straight from GAs own website!?! I think I remember something about their website being down when I tried. Anyway, in future I'll be buying direct. And 5L bottles as well!

• Like 1

@@Peter Petrelli these guys are on another level tbh, its hard to compare both the quality of nutrients and service on offer from GA with anybody else.

To answer your question.. the coco specific nutrient from GA is designed to be used at 3-5ml/l so if you feed at those levels all your required traces will be present.

If you want to feed less nutrients but more often like some of us like to do you might find yourself running at a much lower EC say 1.2. For a 1.2 EC your going to be adding < 3ml/l of nutrient meaning you will be short on traces. To my understanding Its just not possible to make a bottled nutrient with adequate traces that can be run anywhere from 1-5ml/l. GA offer the extra traces to give growers more flexibility on how they want to feed their plants.

Hope this helps, VRG