Critical Mass CBD, Fun Fun Fun

sy100276

It is good to reminisce sometimes @@botanics. Thanks for popping in.

Today is number 16 in the lives of these beautiful plants.

As it was the day for a drench, and the pots were light. So they were given a good drink with 0.5ml/l rs,0.5ml/l cat, 0.25ml/l bs. They were left in the run off for a good 30 min. Then placed back into the dry trays in the cab.

They do look a touch pale, I think that all the feed in the soil has been used. So I will get to the local garden centre and grab a fresh bag in the morning and get these potted on asap.The smallest one,is still lagging behind the others,not to sure what to do with it to be honest. I will check the roots tomorrow,and take it from there. Don't really want to loose it,but we shall see. The others are pretty much identical, and I am very happy with them.

Well my friends,that's all for this update.

Enjoy the weekend.

• Like 3

Can I ask mate do you make your own super type soil up?

Things sound to be progressing very well. Thank you for the update :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark thanks for the kind words my friend. I don't make up my own soil, just standard jacks magic soil for these babies.

Not much to report as yet. Because it is early 7.30am to be precise there is not much to report. Sometimes I wish iI drove, as carrying a 50l bag on a bus is a ball ache,but I am not prepared to ask anyone for a lift as that would be a security risk.

Sadly.I can't.upload any pics till the morning. But I will take some today, to show the fun that is potting up.

Think I better have a brew and calm down.

• Like 2

Good morning, hope all is well and green.

I was up early today,as I wanted to be at the shop for when it opened @ 10am. Got there,only to discover it opened at 11am, so I have gone for a stroll as I don't want to seem too eager/strange. Although buying a big bag of soil in October might be perculiar to some. When I return,I will get them potted straight away,as I had a quick root check last night,and although most.......I would say good to go.

The temps are 79.4f with humidity @ 45%. They have been rotated this morning,although positions will change from this afternoon.

Until next time, enjoy your Sunday.

• Like 3

Yes, I have returned with a brief progress report.

After lugging the soil to the bus stop, I did take a big bag to put it in. Stopped a few times as I am getting old and am not as strong as I had thought I was. Next time I will be getting a taxi with it,a lot easier. Any how,there I was sat at the bus stop feeling happy with my purchase. When a car pulled up,it was only a friends husband offering me a lift. So I jumped in and stuck my soil on the back seat. Luckily enough I had tied it up. I then said thanks for stopping, as I didn't really fancy lugging a big sack of spuds on the bus. I said I bought them in bulk to save cash. Good job he didn't want to get some himself, that would of been tricky. Anyhow he dropped me to my door, so that was a right bonus.

All the young ones have been moved into 3.5l square pots. I could not bring myself to let the runt go,so it is still in with a shot. I used jacks magic soil, with a good sprinkle of granules in the bottom of the hole that recieves the plant. I planted them a little low as hieght might be a prob even with hardcore topping. So they were maybe 1" lower than usual. They were watered in with about 5.5l of water with and added, 1ml/l cat. 1ml/l rs. 0.5ml/bs left alone for a good half hour and then placed back in the cabinet. The t5/has been adjusted, and is now maybe an inch from the tops.

Well that's all really, I will post the pics that have been taken tomorrow.

Time to have a smoke and relax.

• Like 3

Hiya Sy, good to see another CBD grow, I've got a Critical Mass on the go,it's from a cutting.

I noticed you're doing an organic grow, have you tried mycohrrizal fungi?, Rootgrow/Funky Fungus.

Dabbed on the roots when potting on makes a real difference in my experience, with or without rock dust.

The combination, rock dust mixed into your compost and fungus on your root system work wonders.

Good luck with the grow. mentiras

• Like 3

@botanics@mentiras thanks for that. I use plant magic granules whilst putting up.

If I can use miccos along side the granules, think I will be at the garden centre come next pot up.

Many thanks.

• Like 1

Hello again, as I have been quite busy the last few days, been unable to post any pics.......until today :yahoo:

Here we are at day 16

cm d16

cm d16

cm d16

cm d16

cm d16

cm d16

cm d16

As mentioned is previous posts, I thought they looked a little pale, so on day 17 the were potted on.
The soil

soil

Plant ready to be re homed

cm d17

And her roots

cm d17 (roots)

Alll 4 re potted

cm d17 re-homed

Close ups

cm d17

cm d17

cm d17

cm d17

Back in the cabinet

cm d17

Today is day 18, in the lives of these babies. I was planning to top them whilst the were repotted. But in my mind they were just not quite ready. I think I will wait till maybe the 5th node before the scissors come out. :smartass:

I have not taken any pics of things today, but I will take a few tomorrow so you can see how things are going.

Any comments welcomed as always, thanks for reading.

• Like 3

Now that a dedicated grower. Going on a mission for soil, love it. It sounds like youve had a very productive day :). Things look to be progressing very well and thank you for the picture update :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

Looking good bud :yep: How do you find those T5's for vegging though @@sy100276 ?

(You see, I built my CFL panel light because I wanted a larger area covered than the 2 foot T5 but the 4 foot was too wide etc so had to custom build it, but I don't know mate, like I have the capacity for 8 lamps etc and when I built it was looking at totalling 200w for the area but the wiring will handle a Kw no bother but always loved tubes for veg and I still think their better than CFLs for spread and use, either that or I'm thinking of 250w Halide)

What do you reckon bud?

• Like 2

I personally see very little difference between cfl,s and t5s you can get both very close to the plant canopy and both imo do very well. I think it is down to personal preference, Can I ask what watt is 1 t5 strip?

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

@@botanics thanks for stopping by. Not used cfl lights,but I find I get good growth from the t5. I will be using a MH in the coming weeks (once the tent is empty)

Things are moving in the right direction, sadly last night I was on mission upgrade. Didn't get to bed until 4am, so I plan to take it easy today. They are due a feed in the morning, so I will take some pictures then,and get them uploaded.

Well I am going to have a mid morning smoke.

I am thinking maybe another 10 days or so,and then they will slip in to the tent.

Edited by sy100276
  • Like 3

All ticking along nicely here Sy

Soon you will have many jars of happness - especially with the new toy's!

ATB - iBD :yinyang:

• Like 2

Thanks iBD, good to see you as always my friend, soon there will be some buddage to burn. But have a biscuit by all means.

How is everyone today, I do hope all is well?

Due to circumstances beyond my control (bloody waiting for postman) Next time I will go for next day delivery :russian:I have been unable to get to the public access interent at the library. But all systems are go, and prepare for a few more pics over the next few weeks.

Here we are on Day 22 from the first day they pushed that soil and broke the surface :yahoo:

plant 1(cm d22)

cm d22 plant 2

cm d22 plant 3

cm d22

cm d22

I did miss a close up shot of number 4, apologies.
I have not fed these babies since I gave a good drench when the were re potted. I felt the pots today and they are still quite heavy. The temps are a steady 80.2f, growth seems to be good, and they look as though they have settled in to the new pots. There is some leaf yellowing on the very first leaves (single blade), so I think that I will give them a little tidy up, in order for the plants to relax and to stop trying to heal itself. This will more than likely happen tonight, when the have the 9pm rotation. I find moving them about every 12 hours has worked well.
Well that's about all for this episode, I will be back later to describe the snipping action, I am also thinking that in a week the first cut will be made. As I am pretty sure that even now at day 22 they could cope with the first topping, but I was really waiting for a few more days, maybe at the next drench? We shall see.......
Take care, and stay happy
:oldtoker: :oldtoker: :oldtoker: :oldtoker:
  • Like 1