My dinafem discovery and subsequent delight

blackpoolbouncer

Thanks mark.looking at her she may have less left than i thought, maybe two weeks tops perhaps, the bud are really coming along but the calyxs have got some swelling todo yet. Time will tell, she will be ready when shes ready and not a day before or a day after. I dont know when it germed and im in no rush to crop so im not influenced by when it should be ready, just looking for when it is.

• Like 1

So up tonight we have a side shot of her on one side and again of the other side. To be honest i would have liked quite a bit more stretch like the blue widow, although the plant is very wide as you can see from the above view in relation to the dr80 in the background, it is very short at only 24 inches high including pot, actual plant is only 18 inches tall. In hindsight the xxl would have been more appropriate but believe it or not i was slightly concerned about headroom when i ordered.

Ideal for a grower with limited headroom to grow this strain in this fashion I reckon.

temps all good, min 26 max 29.3 at canopy. Shes getting thirsty amd took another 4.5 litres today, 3.5 ml pl bloom 2 ml pl calmag. If she responds well to this she may get the next feed at 4 ml pl and that will probably be the same for the following feed and then tapered down again over probably 5 or 6 more drinks and then we will be at harvest day, its hard to imagine from the pics but these are some solid nugs forming, the pistols are hiding the calyxs a bit in the pictures but the calyxs areforming very tight amd dense

IMG 20150825 214549830

IMG 20150825 204500539

IMG 20150825 204431646

IMG 20150825 204415661

• Like 10

So up tonight we have a side shot of her on one side and again of the other side. To be honest i would have liked quite a bit more stretch like the blue widow, although the plant is very wide as you can see from the above view in relation to the dr80 in the background, it is very short at only 24 inches high including pot, actual plant is only 18 inches tall. In hindsight the xxl would have been more appropriate but believe it or not i was slightly concerned about headroom when i ordered.

Ideal for a grower with limited headroom to grow this strain in this fashion I reckon.

temps all good, min 26 max 29.3 at canopy. Shes getting thirsty amd took another 4.5 litres today, 3.5 ml pl bloom 2 ml pl calmag. If she responds well to this she may get the next feed at 4 ml pl and that will probably be the same for the following feed and then tapered down again over probably 5 or 6 more drinks and then we will be at harvest day, its hard to imagine from the pics but these are some solid nugs forming, the pistols are hiding the calyxs a bit in the pictures but the calyxs areforming very tight amd dense

Nice detailed update as usual mate. Things look great temps look bang on and the plant is certainly filling out :)

Keep the updates coming mate..

All the best

D-M..

• Like 2

Been wanting to keep a diary for timing since I started growing and to document previous exploits, I find this quite liberating and socialto share what I'm doing and just to have a ramble, a memoir so to speak.

Thanks for checking in as usual mate, nice to get some feedback and at least a second opinion from someone to pull me up on stuff I've fucked up should this arise. Your support is fantastic mate so hopefully I can start taking some better quality photos and do the buds justice. My auto BK now cured a bit looks exactly like the marketing photo of the photo BK on seed websites and the description is pretty bang on, some nugs are extra bluberry tasting which leaves a coating on the roof of my mouth like a teaspoon of honey almost, very strange but exquisite at the same time, kinda like a blueberry shisha pipe but more complex

Temps 26.2 min, 28.3 Max, no watering tonight.

• Like 5

IMG 20150826 230126858

IMG 20150826 224326586

IMG 20150826 224102733

IMG 20150826 224034339

cheese on left looking strong, crtical got too big for her boot so ive given her something to lean on, nothing fancy, just some rawl plugs, obviously in horticultural brown, red ones would not have done.

buds on the white widow are fattening up nicely

peace :jester:

• Like 4

cheese on left looking strong, crtical got too big for her boot so ive given her something to lean on, nothing fancy, just some rawl plugs, obviously in horticultural brown, red ones would not have done.

buds on the white widow are fattening up nicely

peace :jester:

When you pot the critical up just plant it deeper in the next pot :) some seedlings do stretch like made. The ww sure is developing nicely you can see it transforming daily :)

Nice update as always

D-M..

• Like 2

Sorry for the gap folks, my internet has been running slower than dial up this last few days while the bt engineers are fucking about putting fibre in. Fingers crossed for some good speed soon though. Only managed to upload one photo tonight and we have the cheese on the left and the critical on the right standing up all on her own now. Not much to report other than there coming on nicely and will get potted on in a few days.

On another note i got a detailed water report showing that my water can range from anything from very soft water to moderately hard which confirms what Ive thought for some time with it coming from multiple sources. This year ive even noticed mag defs in some bedding plants which ive never seen before. It plays fucking havoc with a grower but it is something ive come to expect and as long as its kept an eye on and adjusted according to what the plant has done since the last watering tells me whether to up, maintain or drop the dose. Its not rocket science when you can identify your obstacles you face as a rule and counter measure them. That means for people with dubious water or water you dont know the contentof it is so important to recognise this. I learnt this fast on my first grow and although the final yield was good, the plants leaves looked awful.

not many photos so a long very stoned ramble about water. fucking water. Its litterally declared not fit for human consumption at the minute. No joke!

IMG 20150830 000947884

IMG 20150830 000947884

• Like 6

extra post to add... sorry for double pic post, again tablet is shit.

Just to clarify, i mean the water in parts of the north west for those who the news didnt reach

• Like 1

That must be a nightmare mate, constantly trying to figure out which water you've got all the time :doh: WW is budding up well though :yep: loving this tight training, the opposite of my leggy girls at the mo lol

• Like 4

@@botanics, it really is mate. doesnt seem to fuck the job up too much though. A bit of extra spindleyness would have help a lot on this girl, id have liked an extra 6 inches to gives the budsites chance to clear the canopy completely, but hey, you live and you learn. I dont think this is gonna be an issue for the two girls making an entrance. there gonna be trained slightly different because theres two and there gonna get big methinks/hopes. not had a crammed flowering tent for a while, although saying that its rammed in there now with the ww, two seedlings and two mothers in there.

• Like 3

So my internet connection is still awfull so just a front and back shot of our lovely widow. As you can see were looking like she should come to the end nicely with the older fan and shade leaves showing an n deficient plant, you can also see some damage from my water issues playing havoc but its nothing im remotely concerned about.

She seems to be happy and has filled every inch of spare room in my tent. Shes getting a hungry girl now and has had a 4mlpl feed of OT bloom and 1.3ml pl of cal mag.

About a week ago some pistils were turning brown and i thought she was gonna be earlier finishing, im happy to see it seems to have changed her mind and is continuing to chuck out new white bits.

So.....we will see how she looks in a couple of days and either up the feed one last time to 4.5 ml pl or start tapering it down

IMG 20150830 222128667

IMG 20150830 225249029

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 13

So my internet connection is still awfull so just a front and back shot of our lovely widow. As you can see were looking like she should come to the end nicely with the older fan and shade leaves showing an n deficient plant, you can also see some damage from my water issues playing havoc but its nothing im remotely concerned about.

She seems to be happy and has filled every inch of spare room in my tent. Shes getting a hungry girl now and has had a 4mlpl feed of OT bloom and 1.3ml pl of cal mag.

About a week ago some pistils were turning brown and i thought she was gonna be earlier finishing, im happy to see it seems to have changed her mind and is continuing to chuck out new white bits.

So.....we will see how she looks in a couple of days and either up the feed one last time to 4.5 ml pl or start tapering it down

Things are looking great and yes WW is a very greedy strain, have known her to require 2x the strength of nutrients compared to other strains but she does reward you well with a killer end product..

I really love how you structure your plants so this is going to be a fun one to watch from the start

All the best and thank you for such a detailed update

D-M..

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words mark, always nice to get a pat on the back. And thank you again for the chance to grow out yet more of your seeds. Best seed company about with a good ethic.

Soooo

The cheese and the critical jack are ready to move into the b & q buckets tomorrow lunch as you can see. Had to give them a drink tonight which would have been ideal to pot up but I didn't get home till late so they will wait another few hours and get potted up tomorrow.

Also a few shots of the ww yesterday that I couldn't upload.

Something different is gonna be taking place with the two little uns so stay tuned everyone.....

• Like 2