My dinafem discovery and subsequent delight

blackpoolbouncer

@@Dinafem-Mark well you wont have to wait long. A cheese xxl and a critical jack have cracked tonight so they will get potted up into 0.5l pots before going onto there finals in ten or twelve days (12l buckets with holes drilled) not cos im cheap, because there the most suitable for me i find.

Although the girl was bent further outwards the pic doesnt really show it cos theyve stood up quicksharp but shes getting wider. There is more focus on letting it grow up together now, im happy with budsites and its time to get stuff growing up so she will be left be of a fashion, still leaf tucking every day. I try to tuck all the leaves in a kind of weave in accordance as to which ones i want on top to recieve most light and tuck this under wherever theres a bud, kinda forming umbrella like features under the flower tops, as you can see from the top, not much light gets wasted on my compost.

Also today a flash side shot, gives an idea of how I do what Im doing.

Things look great mate and very detailed information thank you very much. The plant looks super healthy, multiple budsites are forming so this should be a good show. Really like the plant structure very cool :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

Not much to report really, lowered light a little, thats about it, just some daily pics is all

:jester:

IMG 20150819 230828511

IMG 20150819 230531842

IMG 20150819 225902136

IMG 20150819 225949842

IMG 20150819 225934564

edit to add. Some strange kind of infestation has occurred in one of my trays, i have tried sticky tape but this only seems to aggravate the situation. For anyone else suffering a similar problem my fool proof advice is one application of dreamies outside the grow room door, works every time but is not a permanent solution
Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 18

Looking great mate. When I saw infestation I thought the worst then saw your cat lol..

Thank you for the update I have found its always best to keep pussy happy lol

All the best

D-M..

• Like 3

Hope the frequent updates aren't a chore mark

Not at all mate rather a pleasure :) keep them coming..

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

^ @@iamafunkimunki ? thought you might like this ;)

lol I do.

Thats the doppleganger of our Dennis. Not sure I've had him as my avvy picture as yet.

I will upload one just to show how much a like they are.

Lovely looking cat.

Nice plant as well mate..

• Like 6

Believe it or not I have 7 more guard cats, theres no squirrels pissing on my plants, only last night did one chase a squirrel out of the living room. My mrs is crazy cat lady, im crazy weed guy

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VMKwcSGjaiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edit to add. ???? wtf

• Like 5

IMG 20150820 225738054

IMG 20150820 225734742

So today was a good day. Not much to report on the WW, she was fed ten mins ago, 4 litres of 2.6 ml pl bloom, 1 ml pl of calmag.

Buuuuuuut......

IMG 20150820 225736327

IMG 20150820 225739743

We have two new ladies who have joined the party, since taking this both have shed there shell so are in the shade of the white widow out of direct light for a day or two. Smoked too much blue kush last night when i potted them but I reckon ive got it right which is which.note to self, write on pots first like always usually do in future. They are nestled in clover multi purpose enriched peat based compost and this will be the same compo ill pot up into 11l in ten days ish. I grow thousands of plants each year(not canna) and im yet to find a plant that doesnt like it

The lady in second place is the cheese xxl iirc and the girl with no reservations is the critical jack, space will be getting tight so the cfls ive not used for a while need modifying and putting into a small cab to move the mums over into

Peace

• Like 8

So today was a good day. Not much to report on the WW, she was fed ten mins ago, 4 litres of 2.6 ml pl bloom, 1 ml pl of calmag.

Buuuuuuut......

We have two new ladies who have joined the party, since taking this both have shed there shell so are in the shade of the white widow out of direct light for a day or two. Smoked too much blue kush last night when i potted them but I reckon ive got it right which is which.note to self, write on pots first like always usually do in future. They are nestled in clover multi purpose enriched peat based compost and this will be the same compo ill pot up into 11l in ten days ish. I grow thousands of plants each year(not canna) and im yet to find a plant that doesnt like it

The lady in second place is the cheese xxl iirc and the girl with no reservations is the critical jack, space will be getting tight so the cfls ive not used for a while need modifying and putting into a small cab to move the mums over into

Peace

Im really liking these daily updates and you can see the plants actually producing flowers on a daily basis..

Nice too see that you have added 2 new strains to the mix :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

Got that girl well under control mate :yep: I've always struggled with the bondage business, never wanted to abuse them too much but you've got loads of bud sites, a good shape for light and a tidy size for the boots, I'm liking it :yes:

• Like 4

@@Dinafem-Mark Thanks mate, gonna be a squeeze so am thinking of knocking up a framework for these, we will see.

@@botanics thank you kind sir, it really doesnt put them under very much stress. all i do to tie them down is a bit of garden wire bent to have a hook on each end and gently entice the braches over, theres no savagery, its more like flower aranging to get a nice bouquet for me. The first day the side branches get bent is while there still very young and supple and small, the rest of the training is done really just to keep them goin in the direction they are growing anyway. rather than one fower top per branch I end

day3

Cheese xxl and critical jac day 2

up with a row and no air bud. For anyone interested in my methods dont hesitate to ask as im trying to run this as a kinda guide to anyone who wishes to to get self reliant or can learn anything.

First up is a 24 hour difference of the seedlings. One is already showing a tap root out of the bottom, bright white. All good stuff.

• Like 7

Sorry for the messed up post, im posting from a tablet and it has been taken over by a poltergeist im sure which leaves me unable to do anythin

IMG 20150821 225854360

IMG 20150823 184756014

white widow

g about it.

onto the lovely White Widow. After going away for the night and not coming home till tea time, the girls had a bit of a roasting with canopy temp peaking at 34. She was well ready for a drink so she got a cooling drink

Also noticed a mag deficiency on my very first leaves with a bit of cal def too, more mag tho so ive upped the cal mag in the feed to1.6ml pl and see how we get on, bloom at 3.25ml pl. Apart from the very first 2 leaves and one small portion of the second fan leaf were all still looking green and healthy. I am plaugued by unreliable water which comes from different sources of varying softness with a massive amount of chlorine in so one or two blemishes here and there dont worry me, caught early and kept up with maintainance doeses every feed is key to stopping my plant looking like death from cal defs

• Like 8

This will be a great thread for members to follow along with to see how you get such a nice even canopy. The white widow look like she is filling out very nice and im sure you are on top of thr cal/mag deficiency :). You sound as if you know this plant very well and that shows in your work.. Nice job and thank you for the update..

All the best

D-M..

Thanks Mark, your a bit like my mate i used to meet every lunchtime for a joint :oldtoker:

First up a shot of the seedlings 24 hours on, had a small drink of plain tap water, theyve been bathing under the 400w hps for two days now in full sun and loving it.

IMG 20150824 222855424

Next up the WW, even with a fairly strong feed of bloom last night some of the oldest fan leaves are starting to lose there vibrance and dark green luster. Considering the strength of feed, especially with the cal mag with extra n in it, im taking this as a sign that the plant is begining to mature so I will be continuing as normal with bloom. With probably 20 days left max probably less if she continues to fill and ripen as fast as they have in the last 24 hours, if i continue to up the feed probably once or twice more then it will get tapered accordingly to leave me with a fairly yellow N deficient plant. I gave up chasing green leaves way into flower, i dont feel its what the plant wants to be N rich up to the end and it produces a more flavoursome and finished taste.
I know some guys like to use grow way into flower but lets not forget how fast this girl is, Iirc this is a 60 day plant or something silly so it aint like ive got weeks and weeks left
Peace :jester:

IMG 20150824 222649683

IMG 20150824 222706453

IMG 20150824 222625915

• Like 7