My dinafem discovery and subsequent delight

blackpoolbouncer

White Widow Auto

wwidow 1st lst day

IMG 20150811 230313151

IMG 20150811 230306150

ww budding

Right, time to get organized with a proper diary if a bit late and of an unknown start at that due to me once again not noting germ date so im open to guesses, im going for 38

Its only a quick photo update as its almost bedtime, firsty a shot of her yesterday after she got tied down. The stretch is realy starting to kick in now so it gonna get exciting quick

second is of her today after readjusting its guide ropes

Third is a side shot showing the mushroom shape i try and achieve, im hoping for a bit more stretch and depending how far she will go before the outer buds stop climbing

And finally showing her starting to show her hairy bits

Peace and a deep sleep to all

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 12

White Widow Auto

Right, time to get organized with a proper diary if a bit late and of an unknown start at that due to me once again not noting germ date so im open to guesses, im going for 38

Its only a quick photo update as its almost bedtime, firsty a shot of her yesterday after she got tied down. The stretch is realy starting to kick in now so it gonna get exciting quick

second is of her today after readjusting its guide ropes

Third is a side shot showing the mushroom shape i try and achieve, im hoping for a bit more stretch and depending how far she will go before the outer buds stop climbing

And finally showing her starting to show her hairy bits

Peace and a deep sleep to all

Things look great and thank you so much for the picture update :).. will pull up a chair for this one :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

Blue Kush outdoors...

gallery_84917_11322_381018.png

...should be ready well before the end of September. I'm expecting the first big growth explosion to start soon.

• Like 12

Looking spot on mate, like you said, she should start going for it now, bring on the buddage

• Like 2

IMG 20150813 173448891

Another day later, im hopefully gonna try and get a photo a day.

temps got a bit worrying hitting 34 degrees at canopy level this afternoon but with me checking them every few hours im quick on sorting it out. No biggie

Will be giving her her first feed of bloom tonight methinks at 0.5ml pl and cal mag at 1ml pl. At the minute its drinking 4 litres every 3 days which I am expecting to get up to 5 to 5.5 litres in full bloom.

I find with this compo ill be needing to ramp up the feeds fast once they have spent it so if it takes this ok the next feed will probably be 1.5ml bloom pl, then 3ml the feed after about a weeks time

• Like 5

white widdow

so heres todays picture.

from now on ill spend quite some time constantly tucking leaves exposing all budsites to as much light as possible, hopefully it will grow to a nice little bush over the next couple of weeks. If id have known id be devoting this much space id have ordered the xxl version, oh well, ya live ya learn, must order both next time.

Also tonight I am about to pop a seed in some water, maybe 2, lets keep this party rolling :oldtoker:

Edit to add, feed 0.5ml pl bloom, 1ml pl of cal mag, she drank a bit more than i expected, nearly 5 litres with a little run off after 20 minutes of slow watering a little at a time. I treat my girl good, no need to make her rush her tea

• Like 9

Thank you for your such daily detailed updates we very much appreciate it. It sounds like you are treating our genetics very well. All looks great. Temps are a bit high but you sound and look to be on top of it ;)

Keep the updates coming :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark nice to see you round mate, the leather recliners always reserved. Thanks for the kind words, there well recieved.

It feels quite liberating showing off my girls to folks in the know. The only people who know i grow have little to no growing skills/interest and good buds wasted on them, so its nice to open my little caravan of love up to all you nice folks and get some feedback

temps have been getting a little crazy today. 34 is at the very top of the highest bud point at the canopy with the least air movement. temps at pot level have hit around 27 at the worst point but this was only for a couple of hours, if temps get any higher i kill the lights for 10 mins with a cfl running and start the hps back up again. i feel this is better than letting them cook all day, a quick "reset" late afternoon on really hot days cools everything down in one go and means i can carry on and maintain temps on average between 26 and 29 at canopy level even on scorching days. i want all the stretch she can offer at the minute so the light is about 2.5 foot from canopy.

The rains have broken and normal service is resumed.

• Like 8

Well, see I haven't been on here much this week and missed the opening titles to this show, couple of spare seats though so will go and stick my jacket over one :yep:

Done a sweet job on the BK auto mate, fair play ;) really had that girl in control.

And now White Widow! I love Widow lol I've run DP's Widow quite a few times and she used to be powerful a few years ago, so will be watching with interest at the Dinafem phenos, as I'll be in the market for some White Widow seeds after chrimbo.

Good :lucky: with her mate ;yep:

• Like 5

@@botanics come on in, the kettles always on mate. :chef:

thank you very much dude, she was a delight to grow.

I love a bit of widdow too, im hoping this will transport me back to when i was 15/16 buying this. havent had it for nearly ten years i bet but its always been a fave. this girl doesnt look to be

IMG 20150816 102546911

IMG 20150816 102543942

as bushy as the bk, perhaps down to not being an xxl auto and is a quick girl.

Quick update, fed last night, 5l with 1.5ml bloom and 1ml calmag per litre. temps have been bob on over weekend, 29.1 max and 24.8 min at canopy top. not much to report really, shes just getting on with it.

Missed crackin the beans the other night so im off to do it now

• Like 9

You really do get a lot of fkower tops forming so will be very interesting to see how you do a grow from the start. Loving the mushroom type structure you can see nearly every flower top is getting equal light distributed. Your doing a great job with our genetics. Keep up the great work and detailed posts. We at Dinafem love them..

All the best

D-M..

• Like 7

Thanks mark, I try and aim for 20 or so flowring tops in full light. Im looking fowrard to tryin an xxl auto as Using my technique i reckon with the additional stretch 50 flower tops in full light should be doable maybe more if all the lower budsites shoot up. its all about the bend and tuck.

Fed last night after these pics. 2ml bloom an1 ml cal mag per litre and i gave them 5 lites. temps have been 30.1 max 26.5 min at canopy since last update

IMG 20150818 122907592

IMG 20150818 122837322

IMG 20150816 102546911

peace out
  • Like 12

Also to add, after these were taken i readjusted some ties further sending her outward and a load of leaf rearanging.

pics of her spread limbs tonight. Im training it more to be an oval mushroom shape as ive got a couple of small mothers in the dr80 with it on one side. Its spreading nicely and its almost touching the sides now, Might have to get put in diagonally and let it go a bit wider. Not quite as bushy as the blue kush. with a bit more training that could have been a beast

• Like 3

Im loving these very detailed updates very much appreciated.. It will be a pleasure to see what you will do with our xxl range..

Your temps all look fine and would love to see the pictures after you have applied some bending

All the best

D-M.

• Like 2

@@Dinafem-Mark well you wont have to wait long. A cheese xxl and a critical jack have cracked tonight so they will get potted up into 0.5l pots before going onto there finals in ten or twelve days (12l buckets with holes drilled) not cos im cheap, because there the most suitable for me i find.

Although the girl was bent further outwards the pic doesnt really show it cos theyve stood up quicksharp but shes getting wider. There is more focus on letting it grow up together now, im happy with budsites and its time to get stuff growing up so she will be left be of a fashion, still leaf tucking every day. I try to tuck all the leaves in a kind of weave in accordance as to which ones i want on top to recieve most light and tuck this under wherever theres a bud, kinda forming umbrella like features under the flower tops, as you can see from the top, not much light gets wasted on my compost.

Also today a flash side shot, gives an idea of how I do what Im doing.

IMG 20150818 225537901

IMG 20150818 225210707

IMG 20150818 222205472

IMG 20150818 222040476

• Like 12