green poison fast version nft grow

spankydemonkey

Ok mate, thanks for the pics and the little update!

Seems like they are adapting well to the new conditions. Keep us updated :yep:

Sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 2

I am amazed at how fast the grow in nft.

I will wish you luck but i dont think you will need it :clown:

yeh they dont hang about in nft m8.

Ok mate, thanks for the pics and the little update!

Seems like they are adapting well to the new conditions. Keep us updated :yep:

Sweet smokes!

tommy

yes they are adapting well, after 14 days of veg, all plants should be over 12" tall by then.

• Like 2

ok, these pictures was taken friday, so 1 week of veg so far.

drained both tanks and refilled the trays with fresh nutes, ionic grow at 0.8ec, 0.1ml per litre rootbastic, 0.5ml per litre liquid silicon, ph'd down to 6.0, filled trays again with 40litres and added 20ml of liqud oxy to both tanks, also from now on i add 5ml of liquid oxy to each tank every day as the water temps are around 23c with this time of year.

i'll probably up the nute level to around 1.0ec within a few days.

left side right side

gallery_35372_9228_167068.jpggallery_35372_9228_144806.jpg

a root shot

gallery_35372_9228_26901.jpg

another comparison at day1 and day7, good bit of growth, there bushing out quite nicely.

left side

gallery_35372_9228_32018.jpggallery_35372_9228_167068.jpg

right side

gallery_35372_9228_30252.jpggallery_35372_9228_144806.jpg

thats it for now.

• Like 9

Subbed iv just been getting my enviroment perfect before my babies go in, love your set up wish i had that much space

• Like 2

Subbed iv just been getting my enviroment perfect before my babies go in, love your set up wish i had that much space

thx m8, yeh getting the enviroment right is probably the hardest part of growing i reckon. the room is custom made and is out in my shed in the garden, its about 5feet wide by 7feet long, i made it longer so i can go in and shut the door behind me, imo theres nothing worse then trying to work in small spaces.

• Like 2

The setup looks fucking quality bro. Out of all the hydro systems I've seen that NFT one looks great. Simple and effective. Is your shed insulated? Or have you just mylar'd up the inside? also with that much space, what light(s) are you using to cover the area?

• Like 2

The setup looks fucking quality bro. Out of all the hydro systems I've seen that NFT one looks great. Simple and effective. Is your shed insulated? Or have you just mylar'd up the inside? also with that much space, what light(s) are you using to cover the area?

nft is really easy i think, it does need checking daily or every other day atleast, if you like to get all hands on, then its a great system for that. after years of using, its best to keep it as simple as you can as it can be quite an unforgiving system.

the room is pretty well setup, the grow area is basically just over 5ft x 5ft, but can be partitioned off the make it smaller if needed, the rest of the space is so i got room to move, it also comes in handy when chopping the plants down as im inside so no smell leaks.

i got two 400w bulbs in there, i do have lumatek dimmable ballasts, so can go upto 600w if needed.

its a free standing room built inside the shed,so a room inside a room basically, i built the framework out of 2x4, then insulated with 50mm kingspan between the frames, then lined the all room with 18mm mdf and diamond reflective sheeting over that. i also extract outside of the shed, as the shed on one side is about 5" away from a 6ft garden wall, the hot air is extracted out at the bottom of the shed where its by the wall so pretty stealthy really.

• Like 2

nft is really easy i think, it does need checking daily or every other day atleast, if you like to get all hands on, then its a great system for that. after years of using, its best to keep it as simple as you can as it can be quite an unforgiving system.

the room is pretty well setup, the grow area is basically just over 5ft x 5ft, but can be partitioned off the make it smaller if needed, the rest of the space is so i got room to move, it also comes in handy when chopping the plants down as im inside so no smell leaks.

i got two 400w bulbs in there, i do have lumatek dimmable ballasts, so can go upto 600w if needed.

its a free standing room built inside the shed,so a room inside a room basically, i built the framework out of 2x4, then insulated with 50mm kingspan between the frames, then lined the all room with 18mm mdf and diamond reflective sheeting over that. i also extract outside of the shed, as the shed on one side is about 5" away from a 6ft garden wall, the hot air is extracted out at the bottom of the shed where its by the wall so pretty stealthy really.

Mate, it sounds fucking quality. I'm moving house in 2 months and as such my grow space is going to change. I'd love to have a stealth shed like that. How much did it cost you to bang it all together?

• Like 2

Mate, it sounds fucking quality. I'm moving house in 2 months and as such my grow space is going to change. I'd love to have a stealth shed like that. How much did it cost you to bang it all together?

i did'nt add the costs up when i built it, probably 2-3 hundred at a guess. dearest stuff is the kingspan.

i obviously already had the lights and fan and filter and other stuff already.

• Like 2

another weekly update.

plants have completed 2 weeks of veg, and they've grown well.

so now 14 days veg have gone, its time to put them into flower, so today is week 0 of flower.

at 10 days into veg all plants was topped.

gallery_35372_9228_34566.jpg

left side and right side tray, as you can see lots of growth in just 2 weeks, all plants are around 13-15" tall.

left right

gallery_35372_9228_116279.jpggallery_35372_9228_91609.jpg

and heres another shot of the roots to show how the roots have grown so far.

a comparison

after 1st week after 2nd week

gallery_35372_9228_26901.jpggallery_35372_9228_28101.jpg

so this week, again drained both tanks, refilled the res's again with 40 litres each.

ionic grow added to reach 1.1ec, again added 0.1ml per litre of rootbastic, and added 0.5ml per litre of liquid silicon, filled both tanks and added 20ml of liquid oxy to each tank, and im still continue to add 5ml of liquid oxy to each tank every day. and checking each tank every day and adjusting ec/ph as needed.

Edited by spankydemonkey
  • Like 7

2 weeks veg and the flower time is bound to give you a good crop in under 10 weeks, probably a fair bit less if this is cuts from your last green poison grow. nice one mate, be good to see how they turn out with a short veg time :yep: got to love nft for its fast rooting, thats some difference for a week :yinyang:

• Like 2

Looking gd mate been pondering on wether to go hydro for next grow tired of watering already and only on my first grow. Gna keep an eye on this for tips and how the system performs

• Like 2