green poison fast version nft grow

spankydemonkey

ok, so i've been growing in nft for over seven years, did a couple of soil grows recently just for a change, but imo you cant beat nft, plus the veg times in soil is way to long, so heres how i grow in nft.

the grow will be two gt 604 nft tables with seven plants in each and two 400w lights one light above each tray, i may even jump up to 600w bulbs as i have dimmable ballasts.

nutes and additives i will be using:

gt ionic grow and bloom

atami rootbastic

liquid seaweed

liquid silicon

liquid oxy

so heres 16 baby cuts that was taken from my bonsai mothers thats fully rooted in jiffy peat pellets.

cuts are 2 weeks old.

gallery_35372_9228_131719.jpg

heres a close up of one of the cuts showing how well its rooted.

gallery_35372_9228_125508.jpg

nutes mixed up using ionic grow one part nute at 0.7 ec, added abit of atami rootbastic, and ph set to 5.5.

cubes soaking.

gallery_35372_9228_162242.jpg

one just been transplanted to a 3" rockwool cube.

gallery_35372_9228_15101.jpg

job done for now, all plants are in there cubes

gallery_35372_9228_168408.jpg

ok thats it for now, i'll keep an eye on them for now and soak the cubes when needed to the same solution mix as stated above, so an update should be up in around seven days when the cubes should have plenty enough roots to go into the trays.

Edited by spankydemonkey
  • Like 11

nice start spankydemonkey :yep: used to enjoy growing in nft myself mate, done so for years till i switched to coco - keep meaning to go back to it sometime. also got a green poison fast version not long sprouted so will be watching this one with interest ;)

all the best with the grow :v:

• Like 3

Hi spankydemonkey, nice start ;)

Thanks for sharing another great work here in the Sweet Seeds subforum.

I'll keep passing by, good luck with the rest of it ;)

Jaypp

• Like 2

thx guyz, now i got people looking in, i better make sure all goes well now the presures on. lol lol lol

• Like 3

I've seen a lot of people doing nft recently. Looks like you got a recipe for some fat stinky buds there mate. All the best and I'll be watching.

• Like 3

thx guyz.

ok just over a week as past, and all cubes are rooted well, heres an example of how they are rooted.

gallery_35372_9228_68901.jpg

putting them on the tables, heres one in its place.

gallery_35372_9228_14735.jpg

when i originally cut the corex sheets for the nft tables, i used the cut outs as cube covers, you can just cover them with duct tape if wanted.

gallery_35372_9228_238765.jpg

showing the cube cover fitted, used abit of duct tape to hold it in place.

gallery_35372_9228_240214.jpg

ok all have been put in the paces, then other two i have left over i usually keep for a week, just incase one of the cuts on the table fells, you tehn got a replacement to fill the hole.

left hand side and right hand side both done.

gallery_35372_9228_32018.jpggallery_35372_9228_30252.jpg

ok for mixing the nutes, basically i use a 80litre plastic dustbin, and fill it to the top, and use a air pump and airstones to mix the nutes as i add them.

the plants are young, you dont need to fill the nft res to the max yet, so 30 to 40 litres per tray is plenty enough for now.

gallery_35372_9228_309833.jpg

the mix

i added ionic grow to reach 0.7ec(plants are still young, so you dont need a high nute level), added 0.1ml per litre of rootbastic ( atami recommend 0.1-0.3ml per litre as its highly concentrated), and added 0.5ml per litre of liquid silicon and ph down to 6.0ph.

filled both tanks with approx 40 litres each.

so every day i'll go and check each tank to make sure the nute/ph levels stay pretty much same, and adjust accordingly when needed.

basically thats it for now, its the early stages, so not alot really happens for now, so guess i'll be back with an update in another weeks time.

Edited by spankydemonkey
  • Like 8

Hi spanky!

Nice one, thanks for sharing. They seem to be doing good, got some very nice roots already ;)

All the best with it and sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 2

i was'nt going to post until friday, but i thought i'll show you 3 days later pics.

left side

gallery_35372_9228_32018.jpggallery_35372_9228_149738.jpg

right side

gallery_35372_9228_30252.jpggallery_35372_9228_171526.jpg

Edited by spankydemonkey
  • Like 6