green poison fast version nft grow

spankydemonkey

Amazing speed and they look cracking - i've just popped three myself :yinyang:

Ye course i'll expand; basically the silicon is used by the plant for strengthening cell walls but it's not a beneficial beyond that. The first two weeks of flower, and obviously during veg, are when it's 'needed' by the plant. Using it after that is a bit pointless although it will increase your yield slightly. Cos it ups your EC and alters pH it's better left out. Plant feed companies would love you to use silicon all the way through a grow, i'm sure, but it doesn't flush out so easy as other minerals as it remains in the cellulose of the plant, so you end up smoking the stuff. I realise there's stuff such as acid in the mix for pH purposes so a person could say, cos hydro isnt organic, 'So what?' - my answer would be that silicon is in no way a beneficial for your lungs and it costs money, so why use a product that is 'designed' to aid the veg and early flower cycle?

Check out a feed schedule or two bro, save your money and your lungs :yinyang: Or not ;)

atb for the run in, carpo :oldtoker:

PS i'm talking about liquid silicon, it's available in powder form also; check out Hemperors auto-pots with the pebbles and coco - i don't have any info on the difference but Hemp uses it all the way through, as it's in the bottom of a pot, if you see what i mean :yinyang:

after you mentioned about the silicon, i did a search for info on it, its used everywhere including in agricultural crops and that, and i cant find any info saying its dangerous to humans, all the risk assessments say it offers no risk to human health.

it made an interesting read about it though.

• Like 3

Hi @@spankydemonkey, were all the cuts taken from one mother? (Looking fantastic mate, very clinical)

yes basically oak, i grow one plant from seed, then top it and take a couple of cuts as soon as i can and make them into bonsai mothers, the 2 mothers gives more then enough cuts for each grow. it takes a few months to get them up and running, but i have several other mothers of various strains, so i have a good chioce.

i really hate variation lol , i prefer all plants to be the same in nft.

i got some black jack f1 lined up for my next grow.

• Like 2

Yes mate I'm with you for keeping them all the same (Good way to keep them all uniform in growth rate)

With a name like F1 I should imagine they are quick finishers?

• Like 2

Yes mate I'm with you for keeping them all the same (Good way to keep them all uniform in growth rate)

With a name like F1 I should imagine they are quick finishers?

yeh all the f1 versions are supposed to be quicker finishers then there standard types.

like these gp f1 i have is ready in 6 weeks, where my original gp mother i have is a 9 week finisher, so as you can see theres quite abit of difference.

• Like 3

@@spankydemonkey

What mothers do you have monkey? are you a sweet seeds aficionado? :D

I will be do that i think next, grow one mother plant out and then take cuts from her to run im my amazon so the plants are uniform in needs.

• Like 1

@@spankydemonkey

What mothers do you have monkey? are you a sweet seeds aficionado? :D

I will be do that i think next, grow one mother plant out and then take cuts from her to run im my amazon so the plants are uniform in needs.

i do chop and change abit, i do have some keepers, the ones i've kept are , for around 6 years i've had a local clone only strain called black kush its been around since the early 90's, i can get hold of this cut anytime if needed, so dont really need to keep it. i got the original version of green poison, i've had probably 4 years now, i got a femaleseeds.nl bubblegummer which i've had for around 5 years. these are all very good strains.

other strains do come and go when i want to try something new. i have a bonsai femaleseeds.nl iced grapefruit that i've always wanted to do, so will run it one day, i got bonsai mothers of sweet seeds black jack f1, cream caramel f1, sweet special f1, thats all planned over the next year. and i got some killer kush f1 seeds in the fridge to do.

im thinking of getting rid of the slow version green poison and replacing it with the fast version. and i also got various seeds in the fridge that i've had for years, they may be germed one day.

black jack f1 is next to do, and will be coming soon.

Edited by spankydemonkey
  • Like 2

That's a very nice selection of moms mate, very envious of them.

Im considering Sweet Special F1 as a future grow, would love a bit of colour to lift the spirit in winter or early next year. Have you ran her before?

Green Poison F1 is also tempting, 6 weeks is a winner in my book. Looking forward to what kind of weight you get at the end.

I lost a few special moms in my time and I have never got my act together since I started growing again to keep cuts as I flower.

I too have a few seeds that I need to germinate on future or give away, there is always something new that's tempting! lol

Looking forward to the Black Jack diary, will follow when you put the new diary up ;)

• Like 2

thx dost, no i've not run the sweet special yet, i got blackjack f1 to run next as said, then cream caramel f1 after that, then see what happenes from there on, maybe sweet special or killer kush.

but yeh its nice having a selection of different strains. i would deffo give gp f1, its a lovely smoke.

yeh will do a diary of the black jack for sure, i got 16 cuts rooting out at the moment.

• Like 1

Looking great in there, spanky :yep: I'm definitely convinced to give these a run again :D reading through this I'm tempted to get some pm hydro silicon. But for x amount for just 500ml, seems a bit of a fleece. Weather you use it throughout growth or just in veg (I know it's been discussed here and I'm not trying to spark that up again), is it really beneficial as in do you see a difference with and without, I also wonder if it'll be compatible with ionic coco nutes? Pushing up the pH kinda puts me off a little too as it'll need brining back down again more than likely :unsure: looking very nice indeed though

:smokin:

• Like 1

thx chester,yeh go for them again m8.

if you are using ionic coco nutes, then you can use either the gt liquid silcon or pm hydro silicon both are compatiable with each other, although a litre of liquid silicon is around the same price as the 500ml hydro silicon. a 250ml bottle of liquid silicon is £3.10 to buy.

https://www.hydroculture.co.uk/liquid-silicon

yes i do think i see a difference, the plants are more green and healthier later on, of course you can get away without using it, but if you do obviously you mix it in with your nutes then ph down afterwards then add it to the coco pots.

you could always buy a small bottle, and use it on half the plants in the grow, and see what you think of it.

• Like 1