White Widow

CK.

med_gallery_69331_4345_2904.jpg

C.A.B.A. Cup 5th Edition Best Weed and Best High Indoor.

White Widow is a classic, a winner of countless awards with a reputation as one of the most powerful strains ever created. Our geneticists have worked intensively on this potent and vigorous strain to optimize and then stabilize the best features. The result is a legendary and highly desirable variety that is covered with crystals and delivers generous levels of excellent quality bud. The Dutch Passion White Widow strain is extremely consistent and easy to grow with any grow method. The quality and consistency is particularly pronounced in our feminized version which has become a best-seller and a standard that other seed companies strive to match. Dutch Passions White Widow was perfected many years before most of today’s seed companies were even established. That’s why many true White Widow aficionados don't mind paying that little bit extra to get genuine 1980's F1 White Widow genetics, with the authentic smell, taste and unmistakably extreme high. Today many commercial seed companies offer White Widow seeds but many of these are distant imitations of the original.

Our original White Widow displays all the genuine hallmarks. The powerful and pungent aroma, the incredible vigor that came from crossing the Brazilian and Indian parentage and the crazy powerful high that is feared and adored. We declare it to be one of the very few authentic versions on the market and know you can never be disappointed by it. Our customers love Dutch Passions original White Widow reporting great results indoor, outdoors (in warm climates) and in greenhouses.

gallery_69331_4345_60263.jpg

White Widow ~ Day 0

Welcome one and all to Dutch Passions version of White Widow!

Some of you may know I've been growing DP strains from seed for some time now and after this grow I'm moving onto growing from clones as I've selected a few superb mums and wanted to find one last supermum to add to the collection, I've always wanted to grow "WW" (as it will now be referred to) So our UK420 friend DP Tony generously offered to supply the seeds in return for one last diary :notworthy:

I remember when I first started smoking weed in the 90's names like WW, Skunk, Jack Herer were all the rage and still now they fly off the shelf, I think it would be crazy not to try it so here I am giving it my best account, skin up theres Orange Bud, Outlaw, AutoMazar and StarRyder in the jars and the kettles on.. Enjoy :yep:

First off I'm changing my germination method from Jiffy's to John Innes seed sowing compost..

gallery_69331_4345_130748.jpg

Reason being I only used the Jiffy's as they are fluffy and easier for the seed to break the surface but have no feed in em so I always pot them on as soon as they sprout, putting them straight into soil will save that step and as this stuff is super fluffy it's a case of two birds with one stone ;)

gallery_69331_4345_114682.jpg

Watered in with 70ml of solution each, made up of 2ml Maxicrop Seaweed @ 2ml per litre.

gallery_69331_4345_346468.jpg

They are in my trusty veg cab made from an old toybox with one 24w t5 light, soon as they get their first set of leaves I'll turn on the other two strips :B):

gallery_69331_4345_372398.jpg

gallery_69331_4345_235401.jpg

I'll update in a few days with (hopefully) a 100% Germination so send them your best luck and do a little canna dance for em :wassnnme:

CK :yinyang:

• Like 13

WooHoo look at me first in for once with front row seats and salivating at a white widow grow :yep:

All the very best with these old time classics mate, you will really have one hell of a stash once these babies are done!!

AstroNut :alien:

• Like 1

Nice setup but i was reading somewhere white widow is the original name for widow until everyone started copying the name and the name got changed to black widow or something like that.

• Like 1

Dutch Passion have some lovely White Widow seeds. I really liked mine from the other grow. I had one that was close to being a keeper, but just not quite. It is on my to grow again list though.

I hope the new strategy works for you and gives you what you are after. Good luck with it all!

• Like 1

Astro, 7, ReVo & KBR.. Cheers for the comments lads :yep:

Just been up to check temps.. 17.4c bit low for me so I've turned the heat mat on, should be nice n warm now :smokin:

Nice setup but i was reading somewhere white widow is the original name for widow until everyone started copying the name and the name got changed to black widow or something like that.

White widow was developed by shantibaba while working for green house. When he left to form Mr Nice he took his parent stock with him and renamed the strain black widow.

• Like 2

White Widow Possibly the greatest strain of all time

I very much doubt that but it WAS a good one years ago but has been totally ruined now by nasty copies

I hope you have better luck with yours as I was asked to get a mate some regulars last year

Nothing come close to being a keeper but was only 10 seeds mind

He thought them very poor and quite leafy and the smoke wasnt too great neither

Owd

• Like 5

here we go again! :yahoo:

atb with these mate!

always wanted to do the ww

:yinyang:

Cheers AP, lets hope we get a good start eh :yep:

White widow was developed by shantibaba while working for green house. When he left to form Mr Nice he took his parent stock with him and renamed the strain black widow.

Never knew that mate, thanks for the info :yep:

I very much doubt that but it WAS a good one years ago but has been totally ruined now by nasty copies

I hope you have better luck with yours as I was asked to get a mate some regulars last year

Nothing come close to being a keeper but was only 10 seeds mind

He thought them very poor and quite leafy and the smoke wasnt too great neither

Owd

Hi Owd, so the one you're thinking of is that the shanti one nobody mentioned or is that another nasty copy too?

I've not got as much history or experience as you so I'm easy pleased, I'm sure I'll find one that jumps out, we shall soon find out eh?

Cheers for the comments guys :yinyang:

e2a: pot temps never dropped below 19.8 last night :)

Edited by CannabisKing
  • Like 1

Dutch Passion have some lovely White Widow seeds. I really liked mine from the other grow. I had one that was close to being a keeper, but just not quite. It is on my to grow again list though.

I hope the new strategy works for you and gives you what you are after. Good luck with it all!

Hey mate, I just looked through ya diary and you had both DP and mr nice WW on the go at the same time, how did they compare, yield smoke etc.

Cheers :yinyang:

• Like 1

OK, this is just my opinion that I got from growing 7 Dutch Passion White Widow Seeds and about 11-15 of the Black Widow from Mr Nice.

Two completely different strains if you ask me. Dutch Passion gave me what I expected from a Widow, the classic Widow look (the white frosty buds), taste and stone. Grew like I expected too. The buds taste a bit more 'plain' from Dutch Passion, but to me, that is what a Widow should be. The Black Widow grew more Sativa like and many gave almost spear shaped buds. The taste was funkier from the Black Widow, but in a blind taste test I would not pick it out as a Widow. The Black Widow buds were very green, but had a good layer of crystals.

If you ask me, you made the right choice. Who cares about if its 'the original White Widow', its quality of buds you get.

Black Widow A 22.8g

Black Widow B 15g

Black Widow C 9.3g

Black Widow D 21.1g

Black Widow E 16.6g

Black Widow F 22.6g

Black Widow G 16.6g

White Widow B 8.3g

White Widow C 20.7g

White Widow D 13.3g

White Widow B was very close to being a keeper, just not quite.

White Widow Harvest Shots

Black Widow Harvest Shots (Small Pots)

Black Widow Harvest Shots (Larger Pots)

Edited by KingBlueRizla
  • Like 3

Alight CK hope your well, im gonna tag along to this one, love your diary's pal

must say i love white widow, it was the first plant i ever grew, did the ones from female seeds, but loved them, a pleasure to grow and a knock out stoned effect to smoke

all the best for the grow matey

• Like 2