Wildlife on weed

Punta Roja

your winding me up?

Nope. She actually got a cat a while back but didnt bother taking it to the vets, it had about 25 kittens over 3/4 years with a feral tom cat, i looked after all of them until she decided to give them out to friends like toys :wallbash:

The cat started to bleed after her last litter so i took her to the vets as a stray and got her spayed and sorted :yep:

Here she is...

gallery_57119_4209_183231.jpg

Edited by resinous palms
  • Like 12

got her spayed and sorted :yep:

Can you do that with ya neighbor as well mate ?!

Well done with getting the poor Cat sorted tho!

• Like 3

Nope. She actually got a cat a while back but didnt bother taking it to the vets, it had about 25 kittens over 3/4 years with a feral tom cat, i looked after all of them until she decided to give them out to friends like toys :wallbash:

The cat started to bleed after her last litter so i took her to the vets as a stray and got her spayed and sorted :yep:

Most of the time Res I take what you say with a pinch of salt mate but if you are infact being genuine? [i know you love Cats] Fair play...

• Like 1

20 ft from my plants today was this load of squigglers (Squiggelaria ickius).... :rofl:

gallery_62927_3328_133476.jpg

Funnily enough, I was wading through some nettles to get to a plot yesterday and nearly walked into a cluster of the exact same creatures. I'm a nature lover but I'll admit, it did make me recoil a bit. :D

Anyone know what they are exactly, what butterfly/moth do they turn into? I'd be really interested to know.

I found out what those are; they're Peacock Butterfly Caterpillars.

So, they go from this:

Peacock_butterfly_caterpillars_on_nettle.jpg

To this:

peacock_butterfly_050813.jpg

Amazing eh? From something so ugly something so beautiful emerges. :D

• Like 12

I found these very rare Sub-Species specimen on my seedlings today, you just never know what wildlife your gonna find.........

Lepidoptera Origarmus 'SubSpecies Flutterby'

med_gallery_79495_6264_58951.jpg

and a.....

Bovidae Origamium 'SubSpecies Mini-Antelope'

med_gallery_79495_6264_70909.jpg

:bong:

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 8

Back on track..

gallery_68771_5887_146939.jpg

Melanic (black) Harlequin ladybird (Harmonia axyridis spectabilis) on Big Devil automatic

• Like 4

I think ii identified it as Guerrilla blackback 'Bad Penny' (i could be wrong), but a very rare sight indeed, a wonderful secret insight of the nightly activities of this interesting species, absolutely fascinating, David Bellamy would be proud im sure. I hear guerrillas are rapidly on the increase here in the UK, could there be more sightings popping up here and there? With such good growing skills as proven in the picture it might not be a bad thing at all, after all, we are one big family :wink:

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 1