Wildlife on weed

Punta Roja

LITTLE SHITS!!

Lygocoris pabulinus 'Common Green Capsid'

These are a pain, they suck the sap from new growth so when the leaves grow bigger they have tiny holes which then rip as the leaf stretches, they just make the plant look tatty and can cause abnormal leaf shape, aswell as new growth they like to drain plant buds and flowers, but with Cannabis's natural resin protection they seem to avoid the buds, good Ganja girls :skin_up:

I do wonder though if the holes may allow for more speckled light on the parts behind the leaves?? Just tryin to look on the positive side :unsure:

med_gallery_79495_6264_94881.jpg

med_gallery_79495_6264_46434.jpg

The damage they cause....

med_gallery_79495_6264_193480.jpg

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 7

Haven't been able to ID this one, but it looks great like something off Mad Max.

gallery_68771_5887_42609.jpg

ATB

PR

• Like 7

That looks like the brown capsid bug, same as my images above, you will probably notice little holes in the leaves of your plants, that's the culprit, they like nettles so i seem to have a few hanging around, im not sure if it's worth trying to control them or just leave them be, but they are a pest :unsure:

Nice pic man, looks like he had a turtle waxed shell for the occasion, or some polished mahogany shell with a nice gold stamp :blues: smart looking bug, bit of a show off balancing on the tip of the leaf! But thanks to you he's now a uk420 star, or is he really a villan :wassnnme:

Am enjoyin everyones pics that keep rollin in, top stuff folks!!! My favorite thread :wink:

:bong:

• Like 2

That looks like the brown capsid bug, same as my images above, you will probably notice little holes in the leaves of your plants, that's the culprit, they like nettles so i seem to have a few hanging around, im not sure if it's worth trying to control them or just leave them be, but they are a pest :unsure:

Nice pic man, looks like he had a turtle waxed shell for the occasion, or some polished mahogany shell with a nice gold stamp :blues: smart looking bug, bit of a show off balancing on the tip of the leaf! But thanks to you he's now a uk420 star, or is he really a villan :wassnnme:

Am enjoyin everyones pics that keep rollin in, top stuff folks!!! My favorite thread :wink:

:bong:

Sub you are spot on, it is a Capsid Bug.

I had a lot of attacks from them last year but ...Capsid free so far this year.

ATB

PR

• Like 1

Regarding those peacock butterfly caterpillars - I went to a plot today where I saw a cluster of them before and fuck me, there are literally hundreds of them! They're just clustered up in a big writhing, scary black mass everywhere I looked! I really hope they don't start munching my plants, hopefully they only eat nettles otherwise I'm fucked. :D

On the plus side there should be thousands of beautiful butterflies around the area of the plot throughout summer. I can't wait until they start to pupate, I'll go back and find some to take photos of - If I'm lucky I may catch one emerging from its chrysalis. :D

Edited by Guerrillero
  • Like 3

You should be safe Guerrillero, I went to a plot a couple of weeks back and spotted a load of em on a couple of nettles right next to a nice diesel auto I got, had me a bit concerned :!: went back today to do a bit o pollen chucking and they had'nt touched it, just busy munching and webbing their next nettle victims!

Bet their poos would make good top dressing, gonna have to walk my dung beetles down there, make the scummy cunts earn their keep :guitar:

• Like 3

Pffft. Wait till you see this. Technical name: Blurry thing.

gallery_56998_4122_70203.jpg

lol lol

Fuck I need a camera. lol

Ladybird grub big ugly thing compared to dainty ladybirds

• Like 2

Got another picture of the cricket. Not seen one like it ever since...

gallery_27825_5757_80739.jpg

A caterpillar in camo for a few years back - had to remove him as i didn't want him munching on the plants, but he was not easily identified as you can imagine.

gallery_27825_5757_73004.jpg

gallery_27825_5757_100085.jpg

AT :oldtoker:

• Like 7

Just checked out a few of my plants and 4outof6 have the first little signs of CATERPILLAR

leaf folding.look out for the curled misshaped leaves,rip em open and you see web in side.

These little shitz caused a lot of damage to last years Plants and BUDZ.

I had caterpillars dropping out of budz for at least 2 weeks after they were dry.

ONELOVE

Edited by jkhuk
  • Like 1

Found this Bee hanging from a Speed Devil.

I watched as it struggled to climb up the leaf, it looked exhausted.

gallery_68771_5887_25140.jpg

gallery_68771_5887_46658.jpg

As it rested I thought I'd give it a bit of sugar water.

Out came it's proboscis and it slurped away.

gallery_68771_5887_82010.jpg

It rested for about half an hour, then it's body started pulsating, after a bit it's wings fired up and it stayed there reving away.

Then it flew off.

ATB

PR

Edited by Punta Roja
  • Like 15

Where's mummy?? gallery_79224_6394_254102.jpg there's a big ball a baby spiders inside the web at the top, when my grow buddy tried to have a look, mummy showed up pretty quick!

Edited by Ilike2grow
  • Like 6