Dutch Passion Grow - 4 strains

MrSparkles

Hey Sparkles....Sorry i've missed this mate.

Love the strains you have chosen mate (i remember smoking orange bud in Dam and it was a real cracking smoke fella) As for the Mazar that is one of Penny Arcades regulars and favourites so it must be a cracker too.

Nice to see everything looking real healthy and growing rapidly mate...super job so far man!!

WOW, BHO report on each strain...let's hope you harvest enough lol

ATB Man and keep up the good work

Astro :alien:

WOW, BHO report on each strain...let's hope you harvest enough lol

ATB Man and keep up the good work

Astro :alien:

Haha cheers Astro buddy,

Good to have you. Yea BHO report may have to be done with just the one spliff on each lol.. I recon bit of popcorn and trim should give us a gram of each :)

ATB,

Sparkles

Guest nelly123

Hi sparks, coming along nicley indeed m8, you not that far behind me into flower with blueberry, if yourz is drinking that lot you gunna have some masive buds man thats for sure, all the best with em pal. Nelly :skin_up:

Thanks Nelly & NJD,

Yea I am hoping with all the nutes, water and TLC these girls will perform. They are taking alot longer to bud than my first grow, (When Tony sees this it would be nice to know if its just cuz of the strains ect..?? :) )

The Orange Bud is the only one that kind of resembales what i expected at this point loads of hairs a calyxes, the others all have hair and calxyes but for example the Ultimates in places have 1 calyxe and the two hairs thats it :unsure:

No pics of the bud sites just yet I will try and get those on here in the next 48hrs. For now a quick overhaul update:

Day 42 - Day 14 of flower

Girls have grown a lot over the last week, seemed to have slowed down now thank god :russian: . Blueberry is the only real worry on height now but after a bit of fiddling in the next couple of days we will be all sorted. The auto pots whilst providing a cracking result are a tad temperamental. Some keep stopping then with jiggling, repositioning and crimping to free up crud they start again. This is why Orange Bud has gone from being the tallest pant to the shortest lol (And also maybe why she has flowered slightly faster than the others?) Is it possible that keeping them dryer at the start of 12/12 makes them bloom faster?

Some of the lower leaves were all starting to die so I have provided supplementary lighting, I hope this will also fatten up some of what would have been popcorn buds :yahoo:

Overhaul:

gallery_8950_4257_318839.jpg

Support lighting:

gallery_8950_4257_374856.jpg

Gunna provide stakes and extra support tomorrow. Being the stupid twat I am I brought the same size stakes as for my last grow. 50cm.. Well that’s not going to help plants ranging from 115cm-148cm (Blueberry :D ). I have stabilised the temps massively in the tent now, using a rad heater my temps now range from 27-28 at night and 28-30 lights on.. I have read that Bud production is massively influenced by the difference in temps from night to day.. The less of a drop the better the production..

ATB,

Sparkles

• Like 2

Monsters lol

Love the lower lighting, should prove worthy :yep:

Ya gonna stick with them autopots fella?

I love the idea of topping the res up once every 4-5 days and leaving them to it but like you say its no good if they keep blocking etc

Heres hoping them buds pop out soon for ya :lucky: :lucky:

CK

hi man. Looking good. Just a couple of suggestions

a) That Blueberry hasn't stopped stretching yet, you are likley going to end up having to start tieing that down to the rim of one of the plant pots on the left. Do it bit by bit. I cant see a way round that

b) those lower lights are not efficient in that position. The light comes out mainly along the 'long-side' of the tubes. That light is wasted on the stems. I would flip the lights horizontally so that some of the lights is going up to the plant. OR if there is space in the middle you could push them up higher into the plants still in that vertical orientation so that all 360 degrees of space is used.

keep feeding them and good luck !

• Like 2

Monsters lol

Love the lower lighting, should prove worthy :yep:

Ya gonna stick with them autopots fella?

I love the idea of topping the res up once every 4-5 days and leaving them to it but like you say its no good if they keep blocking etc

Heres hoping them buds pop out soon for ya :lucky: :lucky:

CK

Hey CK,

Yea I hope so, the lights are more to stop the lower leaves wilting and dying that anyhting else but I am hoping it will help yield lower down to.. As Tony has just said it will help to change the orientation if I want to maxmise the energy going in so I will have to look into that at some point this week.

I will stick with the Autos for now but will need to get a better water supply, the plants like it where its coming from but a lot of lime scale build up.. I think thats my problem to be honest..

Cheers CK, hopefully next few days the buds will have something to shout about :yahoo:

hi man. Looking good. Just a couple of suggestions

a) That Blueberry hasn't stopped stretching yet, you are likley going to end up having to start tieing that down to the rim of one of the plant pots on the left. Do it bit by bit. I cant see a way round that

b) those lower lights are not efficient in that position. The light comes out mainly along the 'long-side' of the tubes. That light is wasted on the stems. I would flip the lights horizontally so that some of the lights is going up to the plant. OR if there is space in the middle you could push them up higher into the plants still in that vertical orientation so that all 360 degrees of space is used.

keep feeding them and good luck !

Thanks Tony,

Not stopped stretching yet aye :blub: Is that why calyxe production is slow on top? I wil tinker and pull her about a bit to lower the height a bit I just hope she slows down. I have noticed her slow over the last couple of days in all fairness but maybe wishful thinking.

I know about the lights but better than noting for the moment. I am planning to get down the hardware storre so I can Jimmy some support to have the lights horizontal or alot more so at least.

As always thanks for droping by mate.

Sparkles

the plants like it where its coming from but a lot of lime scale build up.. I think thats my problem to be honest..

There must be something you can add to the res to stop this dude :book:

:smokin:

You may find it is bettet to manually 'jug' a couple of litres per day of feed into the tray yourself for the roots to soak up. The disadvantage to some of the auto gravity top-up system is that they can be temperamental to the inevitable build up of crud in the tray from roots, clay pebbles ect. I wouldn't skimp on the feed for plants as hungry as that, it will stress them, consider feeding them little and often manually, enough for the roots to soak up in an hour or two. Maybe every day. Do you use Hydrogen Peroxide in the water?

Another option for the lower lights are reflectors, angled upwards.

The Blueberry will stretch further I am afraid, I think it is an inevitability that you will have to start training her, just go easy bit by bit to the left.

And good luck with it all. By the way is your fan outside the room with filter?

Looking nice mate, I did 8 ultimate at the end of last year and they filled my loft with the amount of strech from them i had six canes in each pot to lash all the branches to but its worth it in the end with the big yield you get at the end mate and don't be to hasty to chop cos they put loads of weight on in last 2 weeks mine went 13 weeks of flower befor chop not the 10 weeks like what DP say. Breta filer will get rid of your lime skale its a slow way to fill a res so put aside a bit of time. Good luck mate

• Like 1

You may find it is bettet to manually 'jug' a couple of litres per day of feed into the tray yourself for the roots to soak up. The disadvantage to some of the auto gravity top-up system is that they can be temperamental to the inevitable build up of crud in the tray from roots, clay pebbles ect. I wouldn't skimp on the feed for plants as hungry as that, it will stress them, consider feeding them little and often manually, enough for the roots to soak up in an hour or two. Maybe every day. Do you use Hydrogen Peroxide in the water?

Another option for the lower lights are reflectors, angled upwards.

The Blueberry will stretch further I am afraid, I think it is an inevitability that you will have to start training her, just go easy bit by bit to the left.

And good luck with it all. By the way is your fan outside the room with filter?

Thanks Tony, I dont think feed is to low in my opinion, we cleaned out the trays when we flipped, not to much build up. I use Hesi nutes which dont seem to clog its more the limescale from the tap if let an inch of water from the tap evaporate there is a load of white crud in the bottom from just that amount so I will fix that shortly..

Nutes they are getting 5ml per liter of Hesi Bloom, 1 drop of superVit per 4.5 liters in the tank.. The Root complex (Not really using now), PowerZyme and Big Bud at present are top fed every other day.. I am not using Hydrogen Peroxide, just an air pump in the tank and into the botom of the pots into an air dome..

Wish me luck with the training, as you know I really didnt want to train these girls.. If i knew this was going to happen I would have just LST'ed anyways, but oh well.. If you have any tips on makeing sure I dont snal her the stem is really thick please let me know??

The Ruc fan is inside the tent and leading to the big ass filter outside the tent. Why do you ask chum..

Cheers

Hi Mr S, you might want to try to find a thread on here about tieing them down. There are different ways, but little and often is the key.

Some people drill a hole in the rim of a neighbouring plant pot. Thread some soft string (so it doesn't cut the stem) and tie to the plant, fix it to the rim. if your root ball is wrapped around clay pebbles you may be able to 'push' the plant over a few degrees so she is a few degrees off vertical. That risks root damage if you do it wrong so you may not want to risk it but I have seen people do it.

As for the fan - some people think the best order to put them in is filter first, then fan in the middle then air-cooled-light. This way the fan is getting cool air drawn thru it rather than hot air. Some people say this will allow the fans to last longer.

Anyway - it is looking good and with an aircooled 600w fan there you should get some really dense nuggets of bud in the end, keep it going !

Day 44 - Day 16 of Flower

So I have started to tie down the blueberry, need to get a drill so I can secure wire and string better will do tonight.

For now just some quick shots of the girls main sites, as previously mentioned developing slower than expected but i think they are on their way :)

Blueberry

Main Sites: As long as I can control her I think she is gunna PRODUCE!!

gallery_8950_4257_38715.jpg

Top: Even with the bending she is still about 6 feet tall.. From only 28 days veg, is it me or is that a bit spesh!!

gallery_8950_4257_9521.jpg

Mazar

Top: Not very developed for 16 days in.. Bit of heat stress me thinks as lower set of leaves are a good colour.

gallery_8950_4257_15353.jpg

Orange Bud

Top: Most developed so far, after all my worries that she was going to be the trouble maker she stopped stretching first and is looking Gorgeous :D

gallery_8950_4257_221531.jpg

Ultimate 1

Tops: All Ultimates are a bit under developed for 16 days as well but all hair hairs as you can see so hopefully they just take a while to get going.

gallery_8950_4257_80033.jpg

Ultimate 2

Top:

gallery_8950_4257_48689.jpg

Ultimate 3

Top:

gallery_8950_4257_32157.jpg

Canopy Right Side

gallery_8950_4257_298819.jpg

Canopy Left Side

gallery_8950_4257_124955.jpg

Thanks for looking guys,