Amnesia's Sweet Seeds 2012 Grow Diary (2nd diary)

Amnesia

SATURDAY 11 FEBRUARY, +Speed#2 and +Speed#3 repotted.

Sweet Special#1, Sweet Special#2 and +Speed#1 DAY 16

Green Poison DAY 9

+Speed#2 DAY 7

+Speed#3 DAY 6

nelly123 Glad you are enjoying it so far, I'm happier now that they are coming along and we should be okay from here.

Welcome anytime.

Serpent Hi there mate, the rusting did only affect the Sweet Secials so as you say i would think that the soil was a little too rich for them, the new growth is fine like yours so no worries now. :yep:

Today +Speed#2 and +Speed#3 at 6 and 7 days old were repotted into the 3.4 litre pots, using Plant Magic compost and the usual sprinkling of PM Granules, watered in with plain water. Again the rootball was not quite as developed as i would of liked but they were repotted on anyhow.

Its only been 3 days since the last update but lots of growing has been happening since then and i must say i'm surprised with how much they have come along! :thisbig:

All are lovely and lush green and looking in tip top condition so i'm very hapy now, those rusty looking bottom leaves on Sweet Special#1 have now been removed and she is looking superb now. :D

I must also add that they are very strong and sturdy thick stemmed girls and looking good for their ages.

Temperature light on is around 27c and 22c lights off, and the lighting schedule is 20/4. Humidity in there is staying between 40 - 65%. Still under the 400w Metal Halide lamp for a while yet and they seem to be loving it.

I've just took measurements of all of them and we will measure them every few days from now on to see their progress.

Sweet Special#1 is 10cm tall and 26cm at the widest point.

Sweet Special#2 also 10cm but 30cm wide. :wub:

+Speed#1 at 9cm in height, 22cm wide.

+Speed#2 4cm tall, 9cm wide.

+Speed#3 4cm tall, 7cm wide.

Green Poison 5cm tall, 17cm wide.

A pic of them all now in the 3.4 litre pots, same positions as last update three days ago so you can compare. From above.>

Sweet Special#1 Sweet Special#2 +Speed#1

+Speed#2 +Speed#3 Green Poison

med_gallery_46705_2371_542770.jpg

Sideview of them.>

med_gallery_46705_2371_3789.jpg

Individual pics of the 6 plants coming up after :bong:

• Like 2

SATURDAY 11 FEBRUARY, Sweet Special#1 and Sweet Special#2 DAY 16.

The individual pics of the plants from above then, all now in the 3.4 litre pots. First Sweet Special#1 at Day 16.

10cm in height and 26cm wide.

med_gallery_46705_2371_117328.jpg

And Sweet Special#2 also at 16 days old, also 10cm tall the widest plant at 30cm at the widest point. :eek:

med_gallery_46705_2371_317453.jpg

The others coming right up. :skin_up:

• Like 3

SATURDAY 11 FEBRUARY, Green Poison. DAY 9.

The only Green Poison that germinated and she is doing great, at only 9 days old today she is 5cm in height but 17cm wide.

med_gallery_46705_2371_17818.jpg

The three +Speed close-up pics next. :spliff:

• Like 1

SATURDAY 11 FEBRUARY, +Speed#1. DAY 16.

Nice looking girl at 16 days old today. 9cm in height and 22cm wide.

med_gallery_46705_2371_57165.jpg

SATURDAY 11 FEBRUARY, +Speed#2. DAY 7

This was one that got repotted today into the 3.4 litre pot, only 7 days old. Looking small in the pot at the moment but i'm sure she will soon grow into it, only 4cm in height and 9cm wide. Pic took before i watered them in! lol

med_gallery_46705_2371_625079.jpg

SATURDAY 11 FEBRUARY, +Speed#3. DAY 6.

Also repotted today at 6 days old, 4cm in height and 7cm wide.

med_gallery_46705_2371_711028.jpg

And that brings us up to date for now, will be back with more in a few days time.

One question i have though, Does anyone think it would be wise to repot the autos at around Day 21? I ask this because i realise that is about the time they go into the flowering mode but they should really be rooted out before this in my opinion. I may just leave them in the 3.4 litres but if its worthwhile i will repot them into lets say 6.5 litre pots.

Anyones thoughts or opinions on this would be great. :yep:

All the best and happy growing. :yinyang:

• Like 1

It "Should" be fine mucker. Think of it as the first week of stretch from day 21 to 28. A week to fill out the pot and still be growing above ground. Then You have perhaps 5 weeks of bud production and fattening up, prior to chop.

Serpent will be around soon though. He'll know.

Lovely diary again mate. Good luck with these.

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 1

Hiphip Thanks for the advice, sounds like a plan then. I will look at the rootballs anyhow when they are 3 weeks old, Sweet Special#1, Sweet Special#2 and +Speed#1 are 17 days old today so only a few days to go before i take a look. :yep:

I must admit due to the slow start i originally thought this grow would not be that good but these babies have certainly made up for it, its impressive how much they have come along in just a few days and looking so lush with it too.

Back in a few days time with more :photo:

All the best.

Hey Amnesia, all's looking good in the grow room and good to see the rust spots didn't cause too many problems, as for potting up at 21 days, yeah they should be fine as I wouldn't finish them in 3.4 litre pots, in an ideal world it's good to get auto's into their final pots sooner rather than later, I usually aim for the 14 day mark but I wouldn't have thought at 21 days it would do them any harm, and I reckon your better off potting up than leaving them in their current pots till harvest.

Hope that helps and keep up the good work :yep:

• Like 1

Serpent Thanks for the reassurances mate, i will see how they are anyhow in a few days time. I'm very pleased with how they are picking up now and the only thing i have to decide now is when to switch to sodium lamp, After realising that some will not be ready for the sodium when the elders are so i may just have to use a dual spectrum lamp until they are all ready for the son-t lol

All good fun and i'm looking forward to it.

All the best, been looking at your autos today and good to see everything is going well with them. :yep:

• Like 1

MONDAY 13 FEBRUARY, +Speed#1 showing her preflowers!

:yahoo:

Sweet Special#1, Sweet Special#2 and +Speed#1 DAY 18

Green Poison DAY 11

+Speed#2 DAY 9

+Speed#3 DAY 8

Just dropping in to say that the girls are growing very fast now since the last update and that was only 2 days ago! :eek: Also +Speed#1 is showing her lady bits and at only 18 days old, is this normal or early for auto's?

Anyhow the proper update will be in a couple of days time when i will be repotting some of them into their final pots, for now though here is a picture of how the all look today and +Speed#1# preflowers, same positions as in the previous update. :thisbig:

med_gallery_46705_2371_427783.jpg

med_gallery_46705_2371_419264.jpg

• Like 2

WEDNESDAY 15 FEBRUARY. SWEET SPECIAL#1, SWEET SPECIAL#2 AND +SPEED#1 REPOTTED INTO 6.5 LITRE

Sweet Special#1, Sweet Special#2 and +Speed#1 DAY 20

Green Poison DAY 13

+Speed#2 DAY 11

+Speed#3 DAY 10

Hiphip I'm getting more impressed as the days go by, every time i go in there they seem to have grown a little bigger! :thisbig:

So today i decided to repot the three eldest girls, SS#1, SS#2 and +S#1 into their final 6.5 litre pots, the rootmass on them was better developed than i thought they would be and above ground everything has been going superb and the other three plants will stay in the 3.4 litres a few more days yet.

They were repotted using PM compost and the usual granules, watered in with plain water.

The full update is in a few days time with pics of the individual plants, for now though here is a picture of them took today before i repotted the three big girls at the back, positions as follows.>

med_gallery_46705_2371_71107.jpg

A pic of the roots from Sweet Special#1 in the 3.4 litre, nice healthy roots.>

med_gallery_46705_2371_575530.jpg

Sweet Special#2 and her roots before the repot.>

med_gallery_46705_2371_407057.jpg

And finally +Speed#1.>

med_gallery_46705_2371_460949.jpg

The three of them in the 6.5 litre pots.

Sweet Special#1 - left

Sweet Special#2 - middle

+Speed#1 - right

All at 20 days old.

med_gallery_46705_2371_48421.jpg

And them all together, same positions as in the first photo.

med_gallery_46705_2371_235250.jpg

Hope you can all be here for the update in a couple of days time.

All the best. :smokin:

• Like 4

I forgot to tell you the size of the 3 plants i repotted, measured yesterday.

WEDNESDAY 15 FEBRUARY, DAY 20.

Sweet Special#1 is 16cm tall and 33cm wide. 6cm taller and 7cm in width in 4 days.

Sweet Special#2 18cm tall, 35cm wide. 8cm taller and 5cm in width in 4 days.

+Speed#1 16cm tall, 30cm wide. 7cm taller and 8cm in width in 4 days.

Main update on Saturday with pics of them all. :yep:

e2a : spelling! :stoned:

Edited by Amnesia

8cm in 4 days! It amazes me how fast canna grows, I've got some tomatoes on the go and it takes them forever it seems lol It took them 8 days to get out the soil ffs :wallbash:

They looking really well mate keep it coming :yep:

CK :oldtoker:

• Like 1

SATURDAY 18 FEBRUARY. +SPEED#2, +SPEED#3 and GREEN POISON REPOTTED INTO 6.5 LITRE POTS.

:thisbig:

Sweet Special#1, Sweet Special#2 and +Speed#1 DAY 23

Green Poison, DAY 16

+Speed#2 DAY 14

+Speed#3 DAY 13

cannabisking Amazing growth on these i know, after the slow start i had i originally had little hope but they are certainly making up for it now! :eek:

All the best mate and stop by anytime as things are progressing so fast now. :yinyang:

This morning i have repotted +Speed#2 which is 14 days old, +Speed#3 at 13 days old and my only Green Poison which is 16 days old into their final 6.5 litre pots, +Speed#3 is in a 6 litre pot though as i had no more 6.5 litre ones, the 0.5 litre should not make any difference really so the youngest plant in there is in the smallest pot. All were repotted using the usual PM compost and PM Granules and watered in. The rootmass on them was not fully developed really but they have plenty of time to fill these out as the first three plants i repotted into the finals already have roots hanging out of the bottom.

I'm very impressed with how they are all progressing and all are looking super healthy and a lovely lush green. :wub: A nice canna smell is coming from some of them now when up close.

Sweet Special#1, +Speed#1 and the Green Poison are showing preflowers, i'm surprised at the Green Poison already showing preflowers as she is only 16 days old today.

Here are the sizes of them all today and how much they have grown since the update 7 days ago.

Sweet Special#1 is 22cm tall and 43cm wide. 12cm taller and 17cm in width in 7 days.

Sweet Special#2 - 23cm tall, 45cm wide. 13cm taller and 15cm in width in 7 days.

+Speed#1 - 21cm tall, 33cm wide. 12cm taller and 11cm in width in 7 days.

+Speed#2 - 9cm tall, 22cm wide. 5cm taller and 13cm in width in 7 days.

+Speed#3 - 9cm tall, 21cm wide. 5cm taller and 14cm in width in 7 days.

Green Poison - 16cm tall, 30cm wide. 11cm taller and 13cm in width in 7 days.

As you can see impressive growth in just one week. On with the pictures then.

First a pic of how they looked before i repotted the ones at the front today, all of their ages are at the top of the page and they are in exactly the same positions as in every update so that you can compare growth and such. :photo:

med_gallery_46705_2371_417939.jpg

Next up is the three +Speed plants all together in the same picture. :spliff:

e2a: spelling! :stoned:

Edited by Amnesia
  • Like 1