Amnesia's Sweet Seeds 2012 Grow Diary (2nd diary)

Amnesia

chemist Good to see you, things are looking a bit brighter now that we have another little one just joining the party! :yahoo: Stop by soon. :yep:

jjl Sound like the lighting plan you speak of is what i plan to do, at around 3 weeks we will see how they like the Sodium, I've had some great results with the MH but unsure how autos take to it. No problems with the T5's either as i do find they keep them small and tight, i know what you mean though about the plants growing fast under it as they absolutely love the T5's and could maybe bring them on just too fast.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated and a good point you have there which i never thought of. :cheers:

La Viva Sativa Glad you are enjoying it so far, off to a slow start i know but things seem to be moving along now so it should be all good from here.

All the best. :spliff:

Godspeed I'm pleased to announce we have another newcomer as you will see below, should be more interesting with the 6 in there now, looking forward to the coming weeks now after this shaky start. :yinyang:

So making her first appearance in the diary, i give you +Speed#3 just risen above the soil. :realcool:

We are now up to 6 plants so i'm content now, will fully update tomorrow or the day after but for now a first look at her, Day 1 will be tomorrow for this little one when she is properly awake. :wub:

I've also just done my final smoke report on one of the Sweet Afghani Delicious in my first Sweet Seeds diary, she has been in the jars for 27 days today and i can tell you i'm in love with it. You can read the report if you like in the link to the diary below in my signature.

Happy growing and hope you can stop by soon for the full update. :yep:

+SPEED#3 SUNDAY 5 FEBRUARY, DAY 0

med_gallery_46705_2371_873042.jpg

• Like 3

MONDAY 6 FEBRUARY, REPOT.

Sweet Special#1, Sweet Special#2 and +Speed#1 DAY 11

Green Poison#1 DAY 4

+Speed#2 DAY 2

+Speed#3 DAY 1

Serpent I think we are finally getting there now, i was hoping for around 6 so we will go on from here. :lucky: Good to see your autos are looking great despite the slight mishap you had.

All the best anyhow. :yep:

Today +Speed#3 is properly awake so we will call it Day 1 for her, Because it is Day 11 for SS#1, SS#2 and +S#1 and time is moving on i re-potted them today into 3.4 litre pots using PM Soil along with PM Granules, the rootballs on these were not that well developed and i would not normally repot now but i thought it would be best to pot them up now being autos and flowering will start at around 3 weeks old, they will probably stay in these pots now unless they fully root them out before flowering which i doubt but we will see.

In my opinion these are very small plants maybe due to the slow start and so i hope they grow up quickly now that they are in bigger pots.

SS#2 and +S#1 look in good health though but SS#1 has some brown rusty coloured leaves on her and is looking a bit sickly, i'm not sure what the reason is as the others are unaffected and she might just grow out of it as she gets bigger, pic below for you to see. The three plants just repotted are around 5 to 6cm tall.

No sign of any of the Green Poison coming through so these will be binned now as its been well over 2 weeks now, its been 3 days since the last +Speed has been in the soil and no sign of her either. I'm happy as we have 6 plants now for this grow, i'm just hoping they grow quite a bit more before they start flowering as they are very small right now.

Today is also their first day under the 400w MH lamp, not too close to them so lets hope they like it.

On with the pictures then, first up the roots on the 3 babies i just repotted, as you can see not that good a rootball but time is ticking away for them.

SS#1, SS#2 and +S#1.

med_gallery_46705_2371_346323.jpg

More pics in a moment. :smokin:

• Like 2

Green Poison#1 DAY 4

+Speed#2 DAY 2

+Speed#3 DAY 1

Now Sweet Special#1 with thse brown rusty leaves i was talking about, unsure what it is but the others show no signs of this, hopefully she will grow out of it whatever it is :lucky:

med_gallery_46705_2371_643054.jpg

Next our new baby, Day 1 for +Speed#3 :wub:

med_gallery_46705_2371_468803.jpg

Pics of them under the MH coming up. :bong:

e2a: spelling! :stoned:

Edited by Amnesia
  • Like 1

Green Poison#1 DAY 4

+Speed#2 DAY 2

+Speed#3 DAY 1

A picture of them in the growroom now, they are in the picture as follows.

Sweet Special#1 Sweet Special#2 +Speed#1

+Speed#2 +Speed#3 Green Poison#1

med_gallery_46705_2371_485784.jpg

And now under the 400w Metal Halide lamp, digital Lumatek ballast and Parabolic shade.

med_gallery_46705_2371_73160.jpg

Thats about it for now then, update in a couple of days time to see how they are settling in :yinyang:

• Like 2

Sorry ain't been in yet fella hope life is treating you well :hippy:

Good luck with these mate off to a good start as always hope the rusty looking one picks up to

ATB

DnB

• Like 1

looks a bit like an over rich soil maybe the reason for the rusting ,personally i wouldnt worry they usually pick up ..looking great in there amnesia ,lovely and clean with great photos too .

• Like 1

Hiphip I do so hope they get quite a bit bigger my friend, thy just seem a bit small to me but time will tell. :yinyang:

d_n_b Nice to hear from you mate, i'm normally off to a better start than this but lets hope these ones make up for it.

Hope all is well your way too. :smokin:

vince noir rock n roll star Good of you to take a look mate, i never thought of the soil being a little rich for this particular baby, as you say hopefully she should grow out of it.

Thanks for that, Welcome here anytime. :skin_up:

After just looking at the last photo's i put up the little auto's really do look tiny in my growroom under the big shade lol My room is normally too full but this time it looks the complete opposite, I know its still early days yet and the oldest is only at 11 days old so we will leave them get on with it.

Does anyone else think the three i've just repotted look small for 11 days old?, i say this because i have only grew autos once and that was my first grow, photoperiod plants are normally a bit more vigorous in my opinion.

All the best with all your grows too and i'll be back in a couple of days with an update. :D

What I found with Auto's was that they "Acted like normal plants" for the first 20+ days. Once they realise that they are supposed to be in flower, they have a knack of becoming monsters very quickly. It's as if the veg time and the few weks of stretch are crammed into the first 4/5 weeks. The rest of the time they just put on weight.

Today, autos are way better than a few years ago. I'm sure that you'll be surprised my friend.

All the best mucker.

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 2

Hiphip Thanks for the reassurance, they have only been in the pots a couple of days and they seem to to picking up already so all is good so far.

All the best. :yep:

WEDNESDAY 8 FEBRUARY, Green Poison#1 REPOT.

Sweet Special#1, Sweet Special#2 and +Speed#1 DAY 13

Green Poison DAY 6

+Speed#2 DAY 4

+Speed#3 DAY 3

All is well so far, No more Green Poison have appeared and the last +Speed is refusing to show after being in the soil for seven days so all have now been disposed of. This grow is now officialy 2 Sweet Special, 3 +Speed and 1 Green Poison.

Not my best germination process with 6/11 seeds alive but at least we now have 6 plants. The brown rusty marks on Sweet Special#1 have not got any worse, SS#2 also has slight marks but the new growth on both of these babies is coming through fine so i think they will be okay, all of the others are fine and healthy. :yinyang:

My only Green Poison i have has been repotted today into the 3.4 litre using PM soil and a dusting of granules, again not a fully developed rootball but time is passing and she is 6 days old today, +Speed#2 and +Speed#3 will be repotted in a few days too.

A pic of how they are looking now, same positions as the last update a couple of days ago so you can compare growth, you can see the rusty marks on SS#1 lower leaves but the new growth looks fine.

Sweet Special#1 Sweet Special#2 +Speed#1

+Speed#2 +Speed#3 Green Poison

med_gallery_46705_2371_674813.jpg

I will update again in a couple of days time, all the best and happy growing. :smokin:

• Like 1

Guest nelly123

Hi amnesia, liking the the little 1's you got, ya pics of the seedling just popping thru soil was clear as owt man! Great camera skills dude the growing goes without saying m8 you got it boxed! hope all is well man. Nelly :skin_up:

Hey Amnesia, looking good mate and your rust spots like you said in my diary look pretty much identical to my Sweet Specials, did you have anymore thought on what caused it? I'm still putting it down to the soil being a little hot, but I wouldn't worry about it, as like you said, new growth is looking fine and dandy :yep:

Edited by Serpent