Serpents guide to growing autos in soil

Serpent

16 minutes ago, H4rdc0r3 said:

@flash_cannon be very very light on the feed,start out of 1/4 strength imo and look out how much she likes by watching her leaf colour,i made that mistake of feeding a sativa too much and too early and they dont look nice after!,atb.

cheers.

Thanks mate, will do! I'm gonna just water now until I re-pot next week and then after that I'll feed much much lighter!

• 1 month later...

Hi all, hope someone can put me right with one of my autos.. Got a pack of 10 sweet mix autos of course from sweet seeds. Happy with the germination, all apart from one came up and the one that didn't was deformed so no chance there. 5 days on though, seems one of the other seeds is blind and can't turn to the sun like the others ar

What do you guys think, is it a dead'en in the making or will ever see the light? :unsure:

Cheers in advance and happy grows all 

ignore previous post.. come clear today the seedling was indeed dead, just took a few days to dry up. I thought after i posted it was the wrong place, should maybe have posted in plant infirmary section. live and learn :mellow:   

great thread Serpent.  thanks.  lots of useful info here.  i am just about to start my first grow with Blue treacle.  if anyone has any advice on how best to treat it i would love to hear from you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2017 at 3:52 PM, snoopynose said:

great thread Serpent.  thanks.  lots of useful info here.  i am just about to start my first grow with Blue treacle.  if anyone has any advice on how best to treat it i would love to hear from you.

Hey dude how did those Blue Treacle Auto's turn out? I just started a 5 pack of them

On 08/10/2017 at 4:36 PM, AnxiousWreck420 said:

Hey dude how did those Blue Treacle Auto's turn out? I just started a 5 pack of them

hello mate.  thanks for checking in.  i only got one of them to maturity and its doing well.  really stinks but a low yield due to my lack of knowledge.  ive recently put it on to full hydro.  watering 4 times a day with the nutes at 1.2ec.  the colour is a dark green and it looks generally healthy but its spiky leaf edges are curling over.  any advice please?  too much water?

@Serpent hi mate.  im just getting to the stage were i need to look at my plant more closely.  i have a loupe arriving tomorrow.  actually its a Carson 60-120.  what i need is a bit of guidance on what im looking for.  i know if the trychs are clear its early but what am i looking for towards the end when i need to think about flushing?

5 hours ago, snoopynose said:

@Serpent hi mate.  im just getting to the stage were i need to look at my plant more closely.  i have a loupe arriving tomorrow.  actually its a Carson 60-120.  what i need is a bit of guidance on what im looking for.  i know if the trychs are clear its early but what am i looking for towards the end when i need to think about flushing?

They go cloudy and then amber, but it's more complicated than that....some strains don't really go amber...but you want mostly cloudy and some amber, some people prefer different ratios. But also you need to look at the whole plant, does it look "done"? Are most of the pistils brown or is it still putting out white ones? I just grew a plant that was putting out what looked like amber trichs but it wasn't finished really.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ananda said:

They go cloudy and then amber, but it's more complicated than that....some strains don't really go amber...but you want mostly cloudy and some amber, some people prefer different ratios. But also you need to look at the whole plant, does it look "done"? Are most of the pistils brown or is it still putting out white ones? I just grew a plant that was putting out what looked like amber trichs but it wasn't finished really.

@ananda thanks for your info.  i have had a look at a leaf from near the centre of the plant.  they are quite clear at the moment.  its still putting out white pistils.  

• Like 1

What an excellent guide. Which I still briefly go by. I haven't had a great Germination success over my past few grows. Which is why I now question the 36 hour Germination or soak of seeds. Usually after 16 hours the seeds sink. Could Leaving them for a further 16 hours or drown them. 

• 3 months later...
On 8/22/2011 at 3:40 PM, Serpent said:

Final Pot Size

They say the bigger the better, as I grow in a DR60 (60x60x140cm) I am limited to what pot size I can use, I’ve used both round 7.5 litre and square 6.5 litre pots and to be honest, I haven’t noticed a huge difference in yield between the 2, so lately I’ve stuck with 6.5 litre as it means I can fit more plants in my tent.

Great write up.  Needed that.  Going down this route for my first time and wondered how many 6.5 pots you used in the end?  I estimate 4 will fit?  But is that too many for a DR60?

Did read though most of the pages but got a little tired out around page 13 

Thanks again

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 13/03/2018 at 1:01 AM, reggaeman said:

Just a noob question , but is it damaging giving plants a few minuets light during dark phrase?

No.

Because they are autos, not photoperiods. I’ve given mine all sorts of light schedule abuse and they lap it up.

Edited by Reflektor
  • Like 1