Serpents guide to growing autos in soil

Serpent

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just waiting for 5 NL, Fem, Autos to arrive from Herbies.

@ Serpent, haven't grown for about 2 years so thanks for the very handy guide to Autos.

I do have a history of being heavy handed with the nutes so its good to know they are light feeders.

Very nice my friend. I am starting an auto grow soon (my first) if i can get anywhere near these yields i will be very happy. Seeing this has confirmed my choice to go auto!! Cheers for sharing.

• 1 month later...

I tried to copy The feeding schedule with my fast and vast autos, I fed no grow, just bloom, but oh my life did they suffer, they seemed to have every deficiency going. Theyre almost finished now, and theyre putting on weight but I think my problems were due to many factors including soil and temps.

I've just got a couple of blueberry autos at 2 weeks old and they look lush and healthy, I'm hoping my change to pm soil and my reduced temperatures will mean they'll stay healthy this time... Fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...

Hi

This guide is fantastic,found info for my first grow that has been alluding me for a while.

will be using the soil and nutrients you suggested but you then mention the granules,cant seem to figure out what these are for.

I will be using a 40 x 40 x 140 grow tent with a 400w hps duel spectrum bulb.is this ok?

also how many plants can I safely grow in this size,will be growing -auto dark devil,2 fast 2 vast auto,auto red poison

400w sounds ok.

Bio bizz is dead easy, grow, bloom plus some cal mag just in case.

I use Mycor may instead of granules Granules(copy pasted); Granules is a granular innoculant made up of Mycorrhiza, bio-stimulants and over 20 strains of microorganisms. All these work to create an abundance of beneficial micro life within the soil.

1-4 , depending on the pot size.

@@Herbal Kint

I will be putting them straight to there final pots (7ltr)-how much granules should i use per pot?

Use as instructed on packing IMO.

With Mycor max i just put some powder under the seed so when roots come out they are inoculated, but chemical nutes and additives like pk kill the mycro flora btw.

Might listen to bouncer i never grow in such a small space but for winter 400w sounds good to me, best to look growers here on site with same sized tent and what they(vent strength vs bulb strength) use.

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1

ok.have hit a bit of a wall,any links to some pots that means I can fit two plants in my 40x40

I can only find pots with a diameter of 10inchs at that size I can only fit one in

or best I buy a bigger tent?

or best I buy a bigger tent?

That question lol

I will always say yes if you got the spare cash but i dont know if you need it.

1.2m tent with 600w produces 15-20plus ounces of bud, small tent you can keep for mums and as small start up area with flous of clf.You can fit 400w and same sized tent and get round 10 oz every 2-3 months.

Depends on what you want.

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • 3 weeks later...

Love the fact this guide was written in 2011 and serpent already knew it was ok to pot up autos to their final pot. It's taken a while to catch on but it seems pretty standard practice to do so these days (5 years on) yet back when this guide was posted it was far from the norm.

You was Years ahead mate!!

• Like 4

Love the fact this guide was written in 2011 and serpent already knew it was ok to pot up autos to their final pot. It's taken a while to catch on but it seems pretty standard practice to do so these days (5 years on) yet back when this guide was posted it was far from the norm.

You was Years ahead mate!!

2 weeks in small pots potted up to 8.5L pots with mycorrhizal fungi under 1000w hps in a hydro system has given me monsters 4-5ft from top of the pot some of them, iv had to lolly pop the bitches there so big I'm treating them like photperiods now,... lol

Edited by panik
  • Like 3