Tonys Cutting Guide

Tony Montana

Indeed, that is what matters. Plants have notoriously low brand respect. If it works they like it, if it does not they do not, even if it has a nice name on the side ;)

The shop bought one has a little lip at the bottom of the cutout that the neoprene disc can sit on.

• Like 1
Guest Gojitangie

‘Indeed, that is what matters. Plants have notoriously low brand respect’

We have much to learn;)

Edited by Gojitangie
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this thread is based aroundthe method. But can anyone point me in the right direction or give any advice on when in a plants life cycle its best to take cuttings? Timings will mean that when i want to take cuttings my plants be a few weeks into flower? Would that be ok to do it then? I know this is stress for a plant but spread out over a few plants will only be taking a 1 maybe 2 cuts from each? Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, Sammyb said:

I know this thread is based aroundthe method. But can anyone point me in the right direction or give any advice on when in a plants life cycle its best to take cuttings? Timings will mean that when i want to take cuttings my plants be a few weeks into flower? Would that be ok to do it then? I know this is stress for a plant but spread out over a few plants will only be taking a 1 maybe 2 cuts from each? Thanks in advance. 

I have recently taken many successful clone cuttings from my flowering plants (a month into flowering)

I did this to be double sure I had the correct mother I wanted and removing lower growth which is small useless bud. 

I used them as the cuttings

and they rooted within 10 days under a 125 wat cfl (jiffy’s and cheap properators from Asda)

I go as for as low cut cut as I can, at least couple inches of stem on there, leave the bud as it is don’t rip it off, add the clonex gel and jiffy + propergator 

large.B161423B-1AFE-461B-B28F-5631C16F05ED.jpeg

Edited by THEDANK
  • Like 2

I now just put my cuttings into cups of plain water. Not even a heated propagator but the CFL light keeps a small space warm.

I usually put clonex on the cut clone, place in rockwool cube (cut myself) and then into a pot of soil. Heated propagator broke but I'm not losing any clones without previous method so its cashback for me.

Took some cuttings off a plant 5 weeks into flower. If that fails I'll re-veg the plant as its one that I first disliked but now realise its quite powerful and the yield a lot better with clone than from the original seed female.

Another variety 4 weeks into flower has rooted well in the water.

On 29/05/2019 at 9:48 PM, Sammyb said:

Thanks @THEDANK appreciate it. I just though that they might grow already in flower if they where taken off at that point.  

You are correct, if you take cuttings from plants 2 weeks into flower they will root ok but will take around 4 weeks to reveg  , you can take cuttings when you flip the lights and put them in the fridge for a few weeks until you need them :yep:

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I should say that depending on where you are in the world and your local laws may apply limits on what they call production for sale over production for personal consumption and people should be reading up on their respective local laws because in some countries, possession of more than 10 cuttings may be a 10 year job mopping floors of the local bricks motel.

Many people I know stick to half that amount so that they can grow plants for their own use. This is so that they do not end up losing their homes, cars, and everything that they bought and paid for legally can be seized as proceeds of crime because you grew too many plants.

Be wise and safe and also DOUBLE CHECK and NEVER assume your mate knows... 

• 3 months later...
On 2/3/2020 at 9:44 PM, Butterfingerz said:

I'll add Clonex & root riots to my list while using this method.

you don't even need that mate, just some domed party cups, some heat (26oC) from below and some gentle light

i hit 100% trying this method for the first time and you can see when roots are starting without messing with the root ball

the dome creates the perfect environment for each one

large.5ea2c96adaa9a_noname2.jpglarge.5e931ebe8f0b2_cloningcups.jpglarge.5e931ec0332bd_cloningcup.jpg

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 5

@ratdog

how much did you pay for how many cups? Seems to be a massive range of prices. I haven’t had joy with cuts for ages so I’m going to give this a go.

Edited by Cursed
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Cursed said:

@ratdog

how much did you pay for how many cups? Seems to be a massive range of prices. I haven’t had joy with cuts for ages so I’m going FB to give this a go.

they were pretty cheap mate, about £3.50ish i think for ten

e2a, no, they were & quid for ten

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1