Bio-bizz Schedule

Guest Red Dragon

ALG-A-MIX is necesary for a light mix user??????

Yep but not essential other products will do the same job but I find algamic works well with light mix.

Om :wassnnme:

• 3 months later...

At week 3 [21 days] a one off feed of a heaped table spoon of epsom salts per 10 litres add to that 1 ml of grow and 2 ml of bloom.

just to double check, when i m giving the feed with epsom salts , is the 1 ml grow and 2 ml bloom the usual per litre so i d be adding 10 ml grow + 20 ml bloom along with the heaped table spoon of epsoms to 10 litres of tap water .

giving westlands multi with added ji a bash, newer "improved" version . this is my first serious attempt at compost growing , been growing mostly passive hydro for last few years with the occasional nft . finding the time spent flushing, mixing feeds , checking and adjusting ph, checking run -offs , draining cleaning reservoir etc has become a chore . the simplicity of compost growing appeals highly to an ageing stoner like me. hope to get a thread going soon when the clones are bout ready to bloom.

we re soft water here so also getting some calcified seaweed to add to the final pots , read 7g per litre compost , sound right?

just as a side note , recently during installing an HE boiler (don t worry folks , i m corgi :wink: ) my attention was drawn to a warning notice in the instruction manual .

THE WATER USED IN THE HEATING SYSTEM MUST NOTE HAVE A pH VALUE HIGHER THAN 8.0.

this is the first time i v read this in an installation manual for a gas boiler and gave me a fine excuse to quiz the local water authority why our natuarally acidic soft water supply comes out the taps sometimes at 8.9 pH !!.

when first calling, the water quality officer was unavailable to talk to me , but i was informed that he was a little concerned why somebody would be asking about water pH (red flag !!) , i explained it was public information and that i was concerned that the water being supplied by them may not be suitable for certain condensing boilers installations i was working on. he promptly called back , and explained that lime is added to the naturally acidic soft water to maintain a pH above 7.0 untill the water is drawn from the taps. if no lime was added , the acidic water would erode the cast iron mains and copper pipes . he said the water was still soft with a calcium level of 9mg / litre , and not enough to cause any precipitation within the heat exchanger , which would be a problem in hard water areas :yinyang:

recently my tap water has been 7.4-7.6 , but last year it could be 8.9 fresh out the tap. even at 8.9 pH , it was still soft enough to not register on my new zealand truncheon which only measures 0.2 ec and upwards.

The boiler manufacturer was Worcester , a very well known brand who are part of the bosch group, in other words, they aint mickey mouse :smoke: incase anybody else needs to enquire at their water authority about water quality before installing a GREENstar Boiler :smoke::badass:

peace..................jb

The chart is for rooted cuttings not seedlings.

The optimum ph of the compost for maintaining health and growth is 6.5 to 6.8. It is much harder for the compost to buffer up than to buffer down.

I don't know how many time I have to say this, if you do ph down not below 6.5! You will mess up the micro flora and if not very careful ruin the compost..

In answer to your Q's Mr Dragon your programme vis 3 inch to 6 inch to 11 litre is fine. But for the 3 inch pots use half and half allmix and perlite.

As soon as the rootball is netted with fine roots move them to your 6 inch pots and neat allmix.

Same story for the move to the final pots. Once in the final pots let them root out the soil ball before flowering, as a general rule of thumb once all the plants are showing roots at the drainage holes. Go to 12/12.

You should not need any feed right through these stages. Once you are on 12/12 start feeding 1 ml of both grow and bloom to a litre of water.

At about week 2 of flowering change the mix to 1 ml grow and 2 ml bloom per litre.

At week 3 [21 days] a one off feed of a heaped table spoon of epsom salts per 10 litres add to that 1 ml of grow and 2 ml of bloom.

Round the 4 week mark, the mix is 1ml gr and 3 ml bl.

Once you start to see browning of pistils change to 2 ml gr and 1 ml bl keep with that till the end.

All you really need is grow and bloom + a little epsom salts.

Does this make sense?

An added point, if you see the tissue between the veins on the lower leaves turning a lighter green at any point its likly the first signs of Mg shortage starting an addition of a little epsom salts to the next feed should keep things right. Don’t over do this or else you can lock out other nutrients.

Being a puter man you will love this, I just spent an hr or more trying to find out why my new fire wire drive just would not mount on the desk top. I reinstalled all the extentions/drivers nadt. Then it occored to me it might work if I plugged the firewire cable in. Ot "good with plants shit with computers"

cheers mate ive been lookin up on this site and ur name seems to come up a lot and u sure do know what ur on about.thanks for the info

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

blimey, that is hard! (as the actress said to the bishop!) :guitar:

As Biobizz is made by a Dutch company, I'd guess that it should work fine, as they have hard water too - my ph is somewhere around 7, and have never had any problems - doubtless ot will soon tell us if your water will need any special treatment :Spam_Icon:

I admire your openmindedness in giving mudgrowing a twirl, and I'll be very happy to help all I can :Spam_Icon:

hi vlad. im another soon to be soil grower. im from scotland and we hav very soft water up here ph 6 ec 0. i was gona go with canna pro plus soil and terra nutes.does the starting ph make a differance? as nutes were formulated in holland for hard water? When using epsom salts, i ec.d the water, and it was off the scale at recomended dose.do you just make it up,n put it through feed? i know you use bio bizz but i cant get it just now, and i heard they are very similar products.

• 1 month later...

hi there OT1 ;)

if your about m8 :wassnnme: ,your feed chart say's for cutting's dude,wot about seedling's m8 :unsure: should they be treat any diffrent m8 :unsure:

sorry for the Q's m8 :smoke: but iv got a load ov seedling's in coco & some in westlands m8,bit unsure about the feed's now m8 :wink:

thanks OT m8 :ninja:

The schedule is for rooted cuts - & it is ONLY a guide. Let your plants tell you what they need/don't need :guitar:

As far as seedlings go, they don't require any feed if using a decent compost - i thought you'd know this by now L NIN?

The schedule is for rooted cuts - & it is ONLY a guide. Let your plants tell you what they need/don't need
:smoke:

thanks bish m8 :wink:

As far as seedlings go, they don't require any feed if using a decent compost - i thought you'd know this by now L NIN?

:headpain: i'v just started on the mud bish m8,(normaly coco)iv been giving them just tap water :unsure: so easy man :blub:

but i might be flowering a couple off soon & they'll be wanting a feed in 12/12 wont they?? :headpain:

thanks for ya time bish :yahoo:

sorry for the Q's :wassnnme: but it's all a bit new to me m8 :guitar:

take care dude :blub:

If you repot up as you should do, then there will be no need to feed - but let the plants tell you if they need anything! If they start to look pale, give them a weak feed of (N).

I've had some plants all in Westlands, & some have needed a feed whereas others didn't.

that's my problem bish m8,sorry for the confusion :guitar: my fault :unsure:

i probaly wont be feeding until 12/12 m8 :headpain:

when i go 12/12 i was a bit confused how much bloom to give,i was just going to go off the chart,then i seen it was for rooted cutt's :smoke:

just wondered if it was any diffrent for seedling's in flower :wassnnme:

p.s im shit at explaining thing,esp now im smoking leaf :yahoo:

thanks bish dude :headpain: